Thread: xNFP?

Default xNFP?

Every time I take one of the "16 type" personality tests (Socionics, Myers-Briggs, etc) I come out ambiguous in the area of Extravert vs. Introvert. When I took the MB test years ago it was commented about how rare it comes out like this but I'm consistantly "on the cusp" even while I test rather strongly on the other factors. With the online Socionics test I have no preference between either of the choices given in the final "Decider" question.

So what does that make me?
    There's a thin line between Genius and Insanity. That's where I live, baby!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are ENFp. Try to talk with Topaz, he is also ENFp and chanches are good, that you'll get a long with him. If not, you're INFp.

If I'm right on the border, why does it mean I'm ENFp?
    There's a thin line between Genius and Insanity. That's where I live, baby!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gut feeling says taht no INFp would choose such avatar or talk so openly about it self.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sign too yap. enfp not infp.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaido21
    My gut feeling says taht no INFp would choose such avatar or talk so openly about it self.
    You are completely wrong. INFps tend to be very self revealing, trust me ive been on message boards with tons of people claiming to be INFp and they are very very open about themselves.

I guess youre just on the border between INFp and ENFp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not quite sure on why you wouldn't be open with yourself on the internet. I mean, what are they going to do to you, find out where you live and then tell all your friends about everything? I try to be open, but I'm not sure on the degree of my openness (probably not very much.)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the infp is a very introverted type... my guess is if you were that type of introvert you'd know. Are you comftorable making convorsation with others you dont know and being very open with them? in my own experience, i also find enfps to be kind of flirty in a way, and also, cannot find it in themselves to not be overly friendly to almost anyone. On the surface they would appear to love just about anybody. They also have a tendancy to be VERY goofy, where as the infp seems to do such more around those they know well. Just my observations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topaz here,
    Its true some INFPs are outgoing. I had trouble deciding myself if I was more I or E. I finally decided on E. I went around for a while proclaiming I was an introvert (to get peoples reactions). They all laughed in unison. So at least Im seen by most people as extrovert.
    When I compair my actions and behavior with those I am pretty sure are INFP I can clearly see a distinction though we have much in common. Heres a short list. This applies expecially when I feel comfortable.
    1)When Im with INFPs (infact almost any I) I am very excited and do most of the talking. INFPs are great listeners and can follow my crazy thoughts.
    2) I guesticulate. My arms fly around like birds when excited. I sometimes smack others in the butt or face with some sweeping gesture, by accident of course(heheheheh) I make sound effects. I even dance about. People tell me Im animated. Even my face is very expressive.
    3) I am solution oriented. Gimmie any problem, ask me any question. In a second I'll have an opinion or a solution or question for clarification. I dont even stop to think about it much. Infact I dont even know what Im going to say sometimes until I do.
    4) I overextend myself. INFPs seem to be more protective of their time and space. Not me. I could be doing something important and a friend will call and say "Hey Lets go see the new Batman" I will quickly allocate what Im doing to some other (mythical) space in time and jet out the door (with a hint of guilt)
    5)I dont consider it flirting Im just breaking the ice. I do it with everyone not just the opposite sex. I just like to tease people and get a reaction.
    6)I have much more energy than any INFP Ive met.
    7) I talk faster, move faster and wear louder clothes. Many INFPs have sad slow speach and movements. They are more inclined to melancholy and grudges. It may take them along time to get over a conflict. I bounce back very quickly for the most part.
    8)Many INFPs I know seem refined. I feel very loose and casual next to them. There is more attention to detail and precision. Except for in their bedrooms which are a MESS!
    Need I go on? Some of these traits lessen as I get older.
    I hope this list helps you.
    One more thing. If you feel a little intimidated by INTJs but use them as a foil to improve yourself (or test yourself) you could be ENFP. If you can run cirlcles around ISFJ and like to tease them but really find them to be nice helpful people ( they take care of the dirty details) then you might be ENFP. And finally if you find ESTPs to be powerful but shallow and materialistic and that you have nothing to offer them that they would consider valuable, then you might be ENFP.
    Hope this helps. Please let me know your own thoughts on this.

IMHO
    Topaz
    [/quote]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I associate with a lot of NFs...

Some of my very blatantly extroverted friends mistype as introverts, and these are the people who can talk on and on for hours... One of them is an ENFP who mistypes as an INFP.

A big difference between INFPs and ENFPs that I notice is volume. ENFPs aren't afraid to be loud even with the most inappropriate comments, whereas INFPs are often very quiet until they are in a situation away from extroverts. They aren't very big on opening up to you. ENFPs always take things lightly, and are optimists at heart. They make their life into a sort of drama. Some ENFPs seem to withdraw like introverts when "hurt", but what they crave is support from people to help them through.

I don't know if that helps, that was all based on personal experience, so it is a bit prejudiced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you also have to remember the J/P complexity. There's a greater chance, since questionairres usually ask questions concerning one's ego block, that you'd be an INFj than an INFp. However, I'm going to have to go along with popular opinion and label you an ENFp as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if you tend to get annoyed by ENTjs (no offence to the ENTjs ), you are ENFp.

But then, if you are an intuitive sub-type or grew up in a screwed up family, you might appear like an introvert or even act like one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend reading the descriptions in the type description forum

ENFp is Ne + Fi
    INFp is Ni + Fe

Very big difference. ENFps also have a much wider social circle, tend to have lots of "acquaintences" whereas INFps have a comparably smaller social circle of close friends, and they tend to cultivate these few 'close' relations instead of placing much effort in widening their social circle

ENFps seem, externally at least, more "all over the place." By this I mean they don't seem to following "long-term" goals, they skip from one situation to another, randomly appear at a friends place and feel comfortable doing so without having given notice, saying they'll be somewhere but getting distracted by other people and never showing up.... this is all Ne

INFps, externally, will appear more "put-together", at least upon first meeting them. They present the image of comparably steady up-right citizen. They are more likely to give a friend notice before showing up at their house. They're more likely to feel they must be "invited" somewhere before they go. Their goals may not seem realistic but they are long-term goals, long-term in the sense of years. Rather than talk about their current 'job' they're more apt to discuss where they hope to end up career-wise.

In terms of Fe vs. Fi.... People in this thread have pointed out that INFps seem more emoitionally "open". I'll clarify this to avoid confusion. By more "open" is meant that INFps will feel more free to share negative feelings with others. ENFps, on contrast, tend to conceal their negative feelings when in the company of others, to present themselves to others in a constant emotionally bright manner. INFps, due to their willingness to share negative emotions at times, may appear to be more "high-maintenence" and demanding than ENFps.... by this I mean if you're hanging out in a group and suddenly someone wants to lead the group on a random hike in the woods, than the INFp will be more likely to complain that they're not properly dressed, they're not wearing the right shoes, that they'd rather stay in, whereas the ENFp will be less likely object and even if not properly attired will optimistically agree as they see the hike a fun new opportunity to have fun...
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    ?

Random?

(psst, misutii, look at the thread date)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, I find that this thread has just spouted a lot of misconceptions about INFps.

Especially the random parts I read that Topaz said about INFps having "slower, sad speech" and just generally being more inhibited. Sorry, but that's false. A lot of it sounded quite negative.

Being an INFp and knowing quite a few INFps as close friends, I can very well assure you that we are definitely not as quiet as we are made out to be. The differences between emotional expression misuuti was good at pointing out: We DO appear more high-maintenance and pulled together, more "elegant" in a sense.. We are NOT afraid of showing any emotion, especially negative. We find that there is no point in restraining whatever you feel inside towards someone, something, some situation, etc. I have noticed like misuuti that ENFps really DO conceal negative emotions. It kinda creeps me out because they tend to be cheery all the time while on the inside, they can be extremely stressed out & depressed. I know one example of an ENFp girl who was probably the most optimistic, bright & happy looking person on the outside but attempted suicide twice. =/ Not pretty.

I find that on first impression, ENFps are better liked than INFps due to their cheery, easy-going nature. However, I think that over time, you will actually find that INFps are louder than ENFps! We enjoy all over the place, which leads us to love large, loud laughter & group behaviour while ENFps are actually more emotionally low-key. I actually think that ENFps appear more stable than INFps. If an INFp is feeling like shit, you'll know within a few seconds of talking to them.

It may be easier to talk to an ENFp at first, but to really get into their close circle of friends takes quite a while and "proving" yourself because they seem wary. If you make one wrong early move, it's kinda downhill from there. INFps however, are less reluctant to let you into their lives, given that you poke and prod through this strange shell they put up on first impression. Once broken, it's like WOOOOOOT from there. We'll tell you a lot, A LOT about ourselves, good OR bad.

One more important thing for distinction: INFps like to come across more elegant, as stated above, and they do this through romanticism. If you know an INFp, especially online through the way they write, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's the combination of + that causes this. This ideal of perfection is something great in a lot of INFps minds.

INFps also differ from ENFps greatly in that goal-setting aspect someone mentioned above. A lot ENFps I know seem to not quite know where they are truly headed, exploring every possibility and not wanting to truly say "Yes, this is what I want to do... for sure." INFps on the other hand, a lot of us have already easily planned out our own future and this can cause an impression of passion and determination towards a single destination. INFps very much dislike imperfection, are constantly seeking perfection in everything they do ... ENFps are more lenient, let's say. Especially with schoolwork, mediocrity is a "meh" for them ...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would agree with hotelambush that some of you should look at the date the thread was posted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would agree with hotelambush that some of you should look at the date the thread was posted.
    i'm procrastinating and don't care what the thread date is, smart-ass
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't get it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I still don't get it.
    if x@n+y@n(i)=(1+√(3)(i))^n=g(n), then 2^109*√3=(x@19)(y@91)+(x@91)(y@19)=z(g(91)g(19)) (all the notation is completely arbitrary).

stated more simply, if g(n)=(1+√(-3))^n, then 109=k such that (2^k)√(3)=z(g(19)g(91)).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I still don't get it.
    if x@n+y@n(i)=(1+√(3)(i))^n=g(n), then 2^109*√3=(x@19)(y@91)+(x@91)(y@19)=z(g(91)g(19)) (all the notation is completely arbitrary).

stated more simply, if g(n)=(1+√(-3))^n, then 109=k such that (2^k)√(3)=z(g(19)g(91)).
    No fair, you changed it.

Define z.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i changed it to reflect both a simpler and more complete version of the same thing.

z(a+bi)=b

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there like a secret math club on this forum or something?
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there like a secret math club on this forum or something?
    Yes.

g(n) = (1 + sqrt(-3))^n
    g(n) = (1 + i*sqrt(3))^n

theta = arctan(sqrt(3)) = pi/3
    r = sqrt(1^2 + sqrt(3)^2) = 2

g(n) = (2cis(pi/3))^n
    or
    g(n) = 2^n * cis(npi/3)

note: g(a)*g(b) = g(a+b)

z(a+bi)=b

z(g(19)g(91))
    = z(g(19+91))
    = z(g(110))
    = z((2cis(pi/3))^110)
    = z(2^110 * cis(110pi/3))
    = 2^110 * sin(110pi/3)
    = 2^110 * sin(18*2pi + 2pi/3)
    = 2^109 * 2 * sin(2pi/3)
    = 2^109 * 2 * sqrt(3)/2
    = 2^109 * sqrt(3)

ok, now I'm happy.

This reminds me, I have to go do my math homework.