Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Fe PoLR: how does it show in ISTps and INTps?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tales of the Fe-PoLR:

I was talking to an ILI who was hired to do some analysis for us last Friday at work and he said, "Adam, I am much smarter than you."

I thought, OK, maybe you are and maybe you aren't, but let's see where this goes.

"The University in Tehran where I was an assistant professor is 45th in the WORLD!"

I thought, Good for them. But what does that have to do with us?

"I have written a book and here is my list of published papers", and he shows me his phone and scrolls down several pages too fast to read. Plus, I don't read Farsi.

"BUT, I will never be as successful as you! Do you know why not?"

"Uh, no. Why not?"

"Because I dive deep into a subject. I focus right down to the finest details." He made a V with his hands. "I always get the right answer. But do you know why I am not successful, like you?"

I waited. He was going to tell me no matter what I said.

"Because I am not good at waving my hands and saying 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!'" Here he waved his hands and stuck out his tongue and was kind of spraying saliva.

"Let me say that I have the highest respect for you. You are a great manager and you are a diplomat! But managers are good at saying 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!', so I will never be a good manager."

"Actually", I said, "I'm kind of a terrible manager. What I am is a leader, and I can also meet with almost any kind of person and get along with them."

"Yes! You are a Leader. And THAT is why you will be successful."

Plus, of course, the fact that I can say 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!'
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-18-2019 at 05:58 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tales of the Fe-PoLR:

Last Thursday I had lunch with a female IEI-Fe who has a PhD in Astronomy and who works at a tech company as the manager of one of its two divisions. She is smart as hell and is incredibly good with customers. She thought we'd make a good marriage, but I just want to be friends, because.....Victim-Victim and IEI-LIE is not a good foundation for intimacy and durability. However, we have lunch a lot because we comprise a mutual admiration society.

Her counterpart at the company (and its owner) is an ILI-Te who graduated from MIT. The guy is smart, but he is afraid of anyone with any amount of Se. He actually gives prospective hires a test and if they have strong Se, he doesn't hire them. However, he still needs Se somehow, so some guys get through.

I said to the IEI, "I heard that (the ILI) fired another employee. I thought that employee was so valuable that he'd be there forever."

The IEI replied "(The ILI) gave the employee an ultimatum, and the employee quit. I get so tired of this. He hires someone and they are so perfect that they can walk on water. I train them and they begin to get productive, and then one day (the ILI) decides that they are crap and fires them and I have to clean up the mess. I have to start over, training someone else."

"Yes, it seems really counter-productive. You should consider becoming an actress, like you originally wanted. You'd be so great at that. I've seen you charm an audience of techies."

"The problem is that I'm too poor to quit for any length of time. I don't make enough money. And I get so frustrated at (the ILI). For a guy who's so smart, it is horrible to see him alienate customers. And he does it time, after time, after time." She threw up her hands in frustration.

"Well, he's not going to change. It's who he is. But you could get a job anywhere."

"I know. I'm the one who brings in the money."

But, of course, she needs support before she can leap off into nothingness on a wing and a prayer.

She needs a great SLE. Preferably with a PhD.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-18-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IXTps are usually very aware of other people's values and or personal feelings and will often use this information to their own advantage. There's even a vengeful subset who'll use this insight to turn the screws on someone they see as an enemy. For those close, this aspect usually makes them very loyal and caring despite their don't-give-a-crap exteriors that they seem to like to portray. Both types are also very sensitive to personal criticism tending to have very thin skins, which combined with them having hair-triggers when slighted makes them rather unpredictable and sometimes threatening.......

a.k.a. I/O

a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have come to conclusion that for ILI's it is lack of commitment to their facial expressions and improper social commentary for the whole group.
    Measuring you right now

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789