Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Fe PoLR: how does it show in ISTps and INTps?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tales of the Fe-PoLR:

I was talking to an ILI who was hired to do some analysis for us last Friday at work and he said, "Adam, I am much smarter than you."

I thought, OK, maybe you are and maybe you aren't, but let's see where this goes.

"The University in Tehran where I was an assistant professor is 45th in the WORLD!"

I thought, Good for them. But what does that have to do with us?

"I have written a book and here is my list of published papers", and he shows me his phone and scrolls down several pages too fast to read. Plus, I don't read Farsi.

"BUT, I will never be as successful as you! Do you know why not?"

"Uh, no. Why not?"

"Because I dive deep into a subject. I focus right down to the finest details." He made a V with his hands. "I always get the right answer. But do you know why I am not successful, like you?"

I waited. He was going to tell me no matter what I said.

"Because I am not good at waving my hands and saying 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!'" Here he waved his hands and stuck out his tongue and was kind of spraying saliva.

"Let me say that I have the highest respect for you. You are a great manager and you are a diplomat! But managers are good at saying 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!', so I will never be a good manager."

"Actually", I said, "I'm kind of a terrible manager. What I am is a leader, and I can also meet with almost any kind of person and get along with them."

"Yes! You are a Leader. And THAT is why you will be successful."

Plus, of course, the fact that I can say 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!'
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-18-2019 at 04:58 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tales of the Fe-PoLR:

Last Thursday I had lunch with a female IEI-Fe who has a PhD in Astronomy and who works at a tech company as the manager of one of its two divisions. She is smart as hell and is incredibly good with customers. She thought we'd make a good marriage, but I just want to be friends, because.....Victim-Victim and IEI-LIE is not a good foundation for intimacy and durability. However, we have lunch a lot because we comprise a mutual admiration society.

Her counterpart at the company (and its owner) is an ILI-Te who graduated from MIT. The guy is smart, but he is afraid of anyone with any amount of Se. He actually gives prospective hires a test and if they have strong Se, he doesn't hire them. However, he still needs Se somehow, so some guys get through.

I said to the IEI, "I heard that (the ILI) fired another employee. I thought that employee was so valuable that he'd be there forever."

The IEI replied "(The ILI) gave the employee an ultimatum, and the employee quit. I get so tired of this. He hires someone and they are so perfect that they can walk on water. I train them and they begin to get productive, and then one day (the ILI) decides that they are crap and fires them and I have to clean up the mess. I have to start over, training someone else."

"Yes, it seems really counter-productive. You should consider becoming an actress, like you originally wanted. You'd be so great at that. I've seen you charm an audience of techies."

"The problem is that I'm too poor to quit for any length of time. I don't make enough money. And I get so frustrated at (the ILI). For a guy who's so smart, it is horrible to see him alienate customers. And he does it time, after time, after time." She threw up her hands in frustration.

"Well, he's not going to change. It's who he is. But you could get a job anywhere."

"I know. I'm the one who brings in the money."

But, of course, she needs support before she can leap off into nothingness on a wing and a prayer.

She needs a great SLE. Preferably with a PhD.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-18-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IXTps are usually very aware of other people's values and or personal feelings and will often use this information to their own advantage. There's even a vengeful subset who'll use this insight to turn the screws on someone they see as an enemy. For those close, this aspect usually makes them very loyal and caring despite their don't-give-a-crap exteriors that they seem to like to portray. Both types are also very sensitive to personal criticism tending to have very thin skins, which combined with them having hair-triggers when slighted makes them rather unpredictable and sometimes threatening.......

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have come to conclusion that for ILI's it is lack of commitment to their facial expressions and improper social commentary for the whole group.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    EII-Ne 6w5 SP/SX 629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Fi-polrs are unaware of how they make others feel about them (as in, if they alienate others, if they're pissing others off, if they're making others unconfortable)

Fe-polrs are unaware of how they affect the general emotional atmosphere, and how they "come across" to others. They won't notice if they make an awkward comment that depresses everyone, or that "ruins the mood". They do like to learn about how their comments make other people feel, and they'll hold back a statement if they know it will make someone else feel bad. They also can't really manage others' impressions of them particularly well, at least in terms of actions they take in the moment, decisions they make on the fly, and such (they can be perfectly good at preparing before hand in order to present themselves well, I suppose). For example, my ILI friend is really the nicest person ever, and very very humble about how smart she is (she goes to Princeton now, so she's basically a freaking genius---not that all geniuses go to Princeton, but you know what I mean). But because she doesn't naturally think about how she comes across to people, there was one girl (ESE; they were conflictors anyway) who totally thought she was arrogant and self-important, probably because my friend answered a question quickly or told someone they were wrong or something. It's that kind of thing, the sort of thing that comes quite naturally (too naturally) to IEIs.

Fe-polr types also tend to be uncomfortable about opening up around people until they've built an Fi-type bond with you.

Yessss , that's true
    My crush is SLI too ( I dunno , he is Si or Te subtype )
    He is uncomfortable about opening up himself to his friend , coz i was opening myself to him. It took a lot of time , but he could opened up to me until now.
    He is rather bad to emotional atmosphere , like his words sometimes can very cruel to others.

He helps me to expresses myself in healthy way like write into diary
    As an activator , sometimes too much interactions are making us feel tired.

Although , he seems harsh and insensitive to others.
    But he is genuine person , i've seen. I know , he lacks of emotion and can't show affection. But , he is deeply care to me.
    Yeah , he is secretly sensitive too tbh.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suffer from aversion, even though it is my dual-seeking function. I often get banned from forums or lost in group discussions because I don't really know how to use and consequently say things that are emotionally detached at best or completely in raging contradiction to the values of the community at worst.

My failure of , generally speaking, results in an overreliance on . But specifically, because I can't cohere with a group's values, that general pattern leaves me overusing when in a group is in session. But because is my ego function, therefore is my ignoring, which means the goals, content, and rules of the project are ignored. Which ends up in me getting fired....

In summary: if you are LSI or LII, ignoring your means overrelying on . Overrelying on means ignoring rules and obligations far more than you are allowed. If you ignore -laws, you're gonna have a bad time.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Tales of the Fe-PoLR:

Last Thursday I had lunch with a female IEI-Fe who has a PhD in Astronomy and who works at a tech company as the manager of one of its two divisions. She is smart as hell and is incredibly good with customers. She thought we'd make a good marriage, but I just want to be friends, because.....Victim-Victim and IEI-LIE is not a good foundation for intimacy and durability. However, we have lunch a lot because we comprise a mutual admiration society.

Her counterpart at the company (and its owner) is an ILI-Te who graduated from MIT. The guy is smart, but he is afraid of anyone with any amount of Se. He actually gives prospective hires a test and if they have strong Se, he doesn't hire them. However, he still needs Se somehow, so some guys get through.

I said to the IEI, "I heard that (the ILI) fired another employee. I thought that employee was so valuable that he'd be there forever."

The IEI replied "(The ILI) gave the employee an ultimatum, and the employee quit. I get so tired of this. He hires someone and they are so perfect that they can walk on water. I train them and they begin to get productive, and then one day (the ILI) decides that they are crap and fires them and I have to clean up the mess. I have to start over, training someone else."

"Yes, it seems really counter-productive. You should consider becoming an actress, like you originally wanted. You'd be so great at that. I've seen you charm an audience of techies."

"The problem is that I'm too poor to quit for any length of time. I don't make enough money. And I get so frustrated at (the ILI). For a guy who's so smart, it is horrible to see him alienate customers. And he does it time, after time, after time." She threw up her hands in frustration.

"Well, he's not going to change. It's who he is. But you could get a job anywhere."

"I know. I'm the one who brings in the money."

But, of course, she needs support before she can leap off into nothingness on a wing and a prayer.

She needs a great SLE. Preferably with a PhD.
    What was the Se test, Adam?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think they like open direct displays of sympathy (which is something that throws me off the track as I see it fake aka not objective/bending the truth for coming as more favorable in your eyes).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    What was the Se test, Adam?
    It is actually a psychological assessment test, but he uses it to eliminate Se users.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus, of course, the fact that I can say 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!'
    I think he was confusing you for one of the adults from Charlie Brown....
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is actually a psychological assessment test, but he uses it to eliminate Se users.
    Interesting.. Do you know which one?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Interesting.. Do you know which one?
    No, but I might be able to find out.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I might be able to find out.
    If you do, please share

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tales of the Fe-PoLR:

I was talking to an ILI who was hired to do some analysis for us last Friday at work and he said, "Adam, I am much smarter than you."

I thought, OK, maybe you are and maybe you aren't, but let's see where this goes.

"The University in Tehran where I was an assistant professor is 45th in the WORLD!"

"I have written a book and here is my list of published papers", and he shows me his phone and scrolls down several pages too fast to read. Plus, I don't read Farsi.

"Uh, no. Why not?"

"Because I dive deep into a subject. I focus right down to the finest details." He made a V with his hands. "I always get the right answer. But do you know why I am not successful, like you?"

"Because I am not good at waving my hands and saying 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!'" Here he waved his hands and stuck out his tongue and was kind of spraying saliva.

"Let me say that I have the highest respect for you. You are a great manager and you are a diplomat! But managers are good at saying 'Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah! Blaaaah blaaaah blaaaah!', so I will never be a good manager."

"Actually", I said, "I'm kind of a terrible manager. What I am is a leader, and I can also meet with almost any kind of person and get along with them."

how is this fe polr lmao

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember going to a meetup for japanese culture a couple of months ago and me and a couple of other people had a casual talk about covid and then an ILI joined in (he looked like the comic book guy from the simpsons, only thinner). everyone was saying how bad the whole situation is and he just casually mentions that covid is like natural selection, it eliminates the weak. he later also mentioned out of nowhere that he really hates working with other people and prefers to be alone. the whole situation got really awkward because everyone just wanted to connect with random people who have similar interests and this one ILI pretty much ruined the whole light-hearted emotional atmosphere.

I guess that's an example.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    I remember going to a meetup for japanese culture a couple of months ago and me and a couple of other people had a casual talk about covid and then an ILI joined in (he looked like the comic book guy from the simpsons, only thinner). everyone was saying how bad the whole situation is and he just casually mentions that covid is like natural selection, it eliminates the weak. he later also mentioned out of nowhere that he really hates working with other people and prefers to be alone. the whole situation got really awkward because everyone just wanted to connect with random people who have similar interests and this one ILI pretty much ruined the whole light-hearted emotional atmosphere.

Thats pretty funny. I hope there was an ESE there

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Thats pretty funny. I hope there was an ESE there
    there was actually. it was a woman (around 50 years old) who had a communication job in japan for a big company. she just reacted with a weird face like everyone else, cringing probably describes it the best. the thing in this kind of situation is that everyone wants this one person to leave but he just stood there not saying anything and the conversation was ruined. it was also a small venue so you couldn't simply go somewhere else
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like something I would say lmao, minus hating working with other ppl, team effort is fun. He didn't say anything wrong imo Xd.. he was just upfront and real. I would have laughed and agreed. Non Ts are weird and squeamish about the truth..

..pussies.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, I work with comickbook guy version sort of. I think the first thing he brought up was how he aced at quantum mechanics. Overall you'll get brownie points from him when you critize something like design of LED light bulbs.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

everyone was saying how bad the whole situation is and he just casually mentions that covid is like natural selection, it eliminates the weak. he later also mentioned out of nowhere that he really hates working with other people and prefers to be alone.
    A lack of a compassion in a talk, besides T can be linked to Fe value. From "hates working with other people" may be supposed an introversion.
    Besides possible types traits, the dude seems to have psyche issues which lead him to higher than average hating people.
    In overall, there is not much about Fe-weak-nonvalued types, ILI, especially of normal ones.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI today: it seems someone plowed the snow. Probably not you. Must have been someone who is employed by the property owner.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe polr: I don't show my emotion to strangers. For my close friends, I ẹnjoy showing a little bit lively emotion (ESFp style). I have never show any negative emotions to others. Even when I appear to be angry, I'm just pretending to be angry so I can shut people down and get some alone-quiet time. Anyway, I rather keep the emotions to myself.

I think this person was just purely arrogant and stupid. Even if I ever think like that, I'll never say a word because making people dislike me isn't a smart move, and it do me no good. You don't need Fe to understand something like that.

But I do say harmless things that are normal to me but weird to others. I known its weird to them but I like to see people's speechless reaction so I say it anyway lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe polr: Refusing to be fake nice to manipulate people- even in the end it would be to their own advantage and get them out of living out of a trailer park.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tales of the Fe-PoLR:

"Uh, no. Why not?"

Now that gave me a chuckle. He apparently perceives how and why you succeed yet feels imitating your method is "below him" or some such. Yeah, see, I wanna win. I will thus do what wins insofar as it does not violate my morality.

I guess that's because I lack the stereotypical ILI's sense of pride bordering on hubris. This one obviously lacks humility. I'm the type that'd let you lead in broad strokes while I refine your generally good idea into a quote unquote "actual" good idea. Y'know, a bold move in warfare that looks or sounds dumb to anyone who doesn't know how that shit works and even to some who have some idea, but context is everything in those situations.

A so called "dumb" move could be the work of divinely inspired genius in the right circumstance and context. A critical weakness of those who rely too much on or is that they truly may believe they know all there is to know. That they think they have it all figured out. Yeah, ya might. But someone might have a critical piece of info you don't even know you don't have.

This concept is why I'm an eternal long term optimists. I know my ultimate enemy is completely severed from objective reality. That means they will, no matter what other variables you care to include into the equation, they will make a critical mistake that will cost them everything. Their hubris, true and ultimate beyond any I can even attempt to imagine, will be their undoing. All I have to do is not follow them into that abyss .
    Last edited by End; 01-24-2021 at 04:40 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    ILI today: it seems someone plowed the snow. Probably not you. Must have been someone who is employed by the property owner.
    If your job description is "snow plow manager/freelancer" or "winter landscape specialist" than we'd confidently conclude you did it and thank you for your trouble by paying your asking rate with a bit of a tip. After all, good help is hard to find .

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ a win is a win, it's a fact, no matter what method/good luck the person use/has. A least Te user should think like that. Even when I never manipulate other people, I always thought "manipulation" is a good "skill set" for Fe user. They have their own ways to get what they want, so as long as they don't mess with me, I'm in no position to judge.

Comparing your success to others is irrelevant, because different persons have different goals, unless your goal is "always better than others", which is a bad goal because you'll have 8 bil opponents.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 01-24-2021 at 04:50 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe Polr= Flat affect

Flat affect is a condition that causes people to not express emotions in the same way other people might. For example, when a person without flat affect is happy, they may smile brightly or in some other way show that they're pleased. A person with flat affect shows no facial expressions.
    Reduced affect display, sometimes referred to as emotional blunting, is a condition of reduced emotional reactivity in an individual. It manifests as a failure to express feelings (affect display) either verbally or nonverbally, especially when talking about issues that would normally be expected to engage the emotions. Expressive gestures are rare and there is little animation in facial expression or vocal inflection.
    Last edited by Hope; 01-24-2021 at 12:23 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Fe Polr= Flat affect
    I don't think ILI's are like this. It is usually said that in case of ILI it is seen as improper affect.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Fe Polr = Flat affect
    Fits me well. Furthermore, I think some non Fe PoLRs would relate, as well.
    Reduced affect display, sometimes referred to as emotional blunting, is a condition of reduced emotional reactivity in an individual. It manifests as a failure to express feelings (affect display) either verbally or nonverbally, especially when talking about issues that would normally be expected to engage the emotions. Expressive gestures are rare and there is little animation in facial expression or vocal inflection.

Funny how they use the word "failure" as opposed to "disinclination," as if there is something inherently wrong in not wanting to express what you feel overtly.
    Last edited by Park; 01-08-2022 at 11:04 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

in the first minute of this video his polr gets hit. he gets visibly upset when he realizes that always telling the truth can hurt others feelings, its a conflict of fe vs te. he gets laughed at here.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    in the first minute of this video his polr gets hit. he gets visibly upset when he realizes that always telling the truth can hurt others feelings, its a conflict of fe vs te. he gets laughed at here.
    lmao the truth > other ppl's fefes for sure. If they can't take it, it just means they are weak minded fools. Whats the point of being upset about that? Needing to be treated with kid gloves is annoying. Any T is disagreeable to begin with, its the feelers who tend to be agreeable.

Last edited by SGF; 01-26-2021 at 01:37 PM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In model G, Brake function (PoLR) is paired with Creative (demonstrative). Essentially, the type doesn’t want to use their Brake function as that slows them down. ILI and SLI want Fe to be provided for them so it frees them from trying to create something out of nothing (D subtypes won’t have much trouble) so they can use Ti to execute the Management (lead). Fe Brake is generally exhibited as being in bad moods and then causing the atmosphere to be in a bad mood too. Although, I’ve read that SLI tend to have variable mood swings more so than ILI who tends to be in a foul mood if they’re in a foul environment. 7 Brake has minimum energy and because Brake is paired with 2 Creative which is part of the social mission block, this creates inflation (or maybe inflammation is a better word?) of “information” rather than energy which means that efforts are in vain. The person often feels overwhelmed and pressured by society to use that function so they may try hard with Brake but end up not being very effective (hot air) and it frustrates them.

Exposing a person to their Brake/PoLR isn’t enough to stop them or piss them off. They could be a subtype that has developed Brake so that obscures it.
    Last edited by Lolita; 01-28-2021 at 01:10 PM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhibit a:

Exhibit b:

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Exhibit a:

Exhibit b:

This guy is so funny ) He is ILI or SLI?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    This guy is so funny ) He is ILI or SLI?
    He's ILI.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    He's ILI.

Find another speech. Well, this is why ILI's dual is "Anarchy" leader SEE.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My example:

ILI: a professor. He is very cautious when he want to critize a student. He would rather choose to hint this student during a lab meeting without openly critize him/her. If the students keep ignoring his hints he might be suddenly change his attitude.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would personally say they're wrong, and should feel bad. Not really, but about right for tone. If you drop hints, you are going to never be understood. Sometimes, you need to say directly that behavior is wrong, so as to fix behavior.

You make the impression as though this person has no spine, or does, but uses it as a last resort.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, that sounds like a retarded way to say all managers are retarded, Adam. Being a manager, you might get, uh well, offended.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    I don't know, that sounds like a retarded way to say all managers are retarded, Adam. Being a manager, you might get, uh well, offended.

I don’t remember saying, nor do I believe, that all managers are retarded.

I think that competence in a job varies across a spectrum.

I do think that managers and leaders have very different skill sets. I also don’t get offended when someone criticizes me for what I do. They are often right, and I take that into consideration and I try to improve.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast