Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fe PoLR: how does it show in ISTps and INTps?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He and his cop friend are going to slaughter some pigs and turtles after this.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    The guy at the end of this video (the one who threatens to call the cops) acts how I'd imagine an Fe PoLR would act... in an "Fe" situation (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Hmm, I associate his behaviour more to Se polr.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a PoLR I believe it is necessary to limit the emotional gauge, in the sense that emotions affect one's personal state. Sometimes immediate emotions are lacking reason, meaning since the response in our brains are bounded to our immediate acknowledging of intentions in others (as it is also in sensing pleasure or discomfort) and since our immediate functional thinking is most often biased by our experience and memories and expectations, the direct emotional display is in many cases flawed.

If functional thinking is filled with stereotypical cognition, meaning that the apperception of the object that builds one's semiotics is disoriented, this lack of rationality also permeates into the affective and then behavioral components of attitude, thus limiting the further coming analysis, eventually resulting in harmful judgment of value and then disastrous critical thinking.

By reconsidering the perception of what is happening in recognition of our participation in giving meaning most problems and misunderstandings can be avoided.

I also hate drama queens. Controlling emotions helps in controlling one's sensing experience. Letting a tsunami of biochemicals fill your emotional experience just drugs you into nonsense.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Theta, that's a good post because it's a reflection of Fi values, sensitive to subjects own emotions rather than the object's enthrallment of emotions and the serious nature of ILI.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They lack the ability to contribute. Everything they do is for themselves. They also ignore proper responses. They wait for others to make a move then criticize them.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They are watching the change in their internal states more so than being outside of themselves; quite natural; they are introverts.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see it as mostly just the inability to pick up qualitative nuances in transmitted and received phenomenal content, i.e. the inability to focus on how (in terms of qualitative appearance) things are said and done rather than what is done in so doing.

Fi is about not noticing qualitative distinctions in the "what" of what is done, i.e. it's complete objective definition rather than just it's transmitted phenomenal appearance.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Kam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    lol. I'm sure Te-polr looks stupid to Te-valuers. Shrug.
    I think we are talking about two entirely different feelings here. Fe ego people would find Fe PoLR behavior offensive at times. Te ego would not think of a Te PoLR's behavior as offensive. Inept and worthless possibly, but not something worthy of offense. Am I wrong here?

In the overall sense of things, it does not matter and is not the point of the thread at all, but just an idea I had.
    i realize you made this post a year ago, but i think your point is very wrong, and i can easily envision lots of scenarios in which Te polr would be offensive to Te valuing types. it helps to conceptualize Te as concerning itself with the external verifiable accuracy of information (in a similar way to which Ti types might concern themselves with the internal consistency of information) -- and in particular of needing accurate information, and in taking offense when other people blithely distribute misinformation with no regard or even attempt to make that information factually sustainable, and provide information that consists of excessive "reading between the lines."

the first several posts of the thread which follows is an example i use occasionally of a conflict between a Te dominant and a Te polr, which underscores the point here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=17513

in essence, hitta is doing precisely this -- making up factually unsustainable misinformation, essentially in this case to gratify his ego, and then reading between the lines with respect to expat's motivations. from the perspective of Te polr, with no interest in factual sustainability and every willingness to read between the lines, it is easy to understand why it would be confusing that this strikes Te ego types as important -- however, to Te types (and particularly Te/Fi dominants) the concept of good information is very important. Te types further put a lot of their ego into the information they disseminate themselves (put another way, on their honesty), and it can be deeply insulting and offensive to have someone blithely ignore it and read between the lines to affirm their own unsubstantiated conclusion (in the way hitta does in the above example, with comments meant to demean that entirely ignore the point at hand such as "Are you mentally retarded, or did you snort some unknown powdered substance when you were a teen").

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, niffweed, great post
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    As opposed to, say, Fi polr?
    My ILE ex-boyfriend would have been Fi-polr. I know that I would sometimes try to 'talk about our relationship' with him, and he would get extremely upset and angry and would even start yelling (although this was during a time period when he was drinking a lot of alcohol, so that partly explains the yelling).

He said he didn't like to talk about our relationship, because whenever we first met and started dating, I told him that I knew in advance that I wouldn't be marrying him, because I didn't feel that we were completely right for each other. So he was sensitive about that subject. He would have extreme reactions like wanting me to make one choice or the other, marry him or completely break up with him. I couldn't talk to him about any kind of relationship-improvement topics like, 'This is how you and I talk to each other, can we change how we do this?' or anything. He would start yelling about 'psychobabble.'

He would often talk about the people at his job and how they interacted with each other. Now that I think about it, his impressions were always negative, like 'so-and-so is sucking this person's dick, so-and-so is out to get everybody, so-and-so is a lying, cheating, stealing whatever' etc. He didn't talk about positive, healthy, desirable types of relationships. (Then again, now that I remember this, he often complained about the manager who I believe was an LSI, which would have been his supervisee, so of course it's quite likely he could see a lot of flaws in that person.)

So that's my firsthand impression of a Fi-Polr.

As for myself being a Fe-polr, I am very slow to understand why people are expressing particular emotions while they're having a conversation. There are particular people at work (it's a female EIE, actually, who does this the most) who, when she has a conversation, almost every word she says, every moment, has a changing 'musical pitch,' as though she is expressing one emotion after another. And I can't see why the emotions are doing that. She'll talk to someone else and I just can't follow what's going on. So I can't jump in and join them. They'll insult each other playfully and that kind of thing, or take offense at something, and I can't tell if it's a serious offense or a pretend offense, and often, I just look at them and laugh. So if some person stands off to the side laughing at you, but not joining in the conversation and the insult-throwing, that person might not be competent enough at that particular form of Fe.

I also feel as though my emotions are DIFFERENT from everyone else's. How can they possibly all get excited about some football game? Everyone will cheer about that and I don't care at all. Somehow it's like all my interests and all the things I care about are always different from what the majority of people feel.

I was working with an ESE guy the other day, and I asked him something about the people playing bingo in the lobby at McDonald's. I asked him what the prize was for winning, and he said, free food. Then he made some disparaging comment about 'old people' (I can't recall exactly what he said). All of a sudden, I disagreed with him and was offended that he had called them 'old people' in that tone of voice. Even though I myself might sometimes find old people annoying, and in that respect, I might sometimes agree with that disparaging tone, I still kept thinking of exceptions and reasons why old people are good instead of bad. So I don't want to express the feeling of annoyance at old people, because I don't think it applies to all old people, all of the time, and I would feel like I was being insincere. But even though I disagreed with him, I said nothing at all, I just laughed because I was shocked. If I had felt stronger at expressing feelings, I might have tried to argue with him that 'old people aren't always bad.'

So when I express a feeling, I might want that feeling to always apply to that particular thing, instead of changing? Like, all old people are good, all the time? Maybe that's part of what Fe-polr means.

Also, I can't see how one feeling leads to another, at high speed. Like I can't change a negative feeling into something funny or optimistic.

Or like it's 'not okay' to express certain feelings because those feelings are 'bad' and I should just keep them to myself. (So, disliking old people is a 'bad feeling' that you shouldn't express.) I could open up and tell people about my life, but it would only depress them, and I don't like to create a negative mood in all the people around me and bring them down. It's like my mood and my life just don't fit in with everyone else's.

I'm not sure if I'm even talking about the right thing or not, but I figured I'd say something.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, and fake smiles: I always fake smile! Everything is wonderful, la la la! I'm hiding all of my real feelings. I'm scared to show people that I'm not happy or that I disapprove of something. (I'd write more, but the library computer is logging me off.)

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in constant contact with my supervisor ESE, conflictor EIE, and semi-dual ILE and I grew up with an SEI and had an ESE friend. I generally don't mind "positive" Fe unless it is over something really stupid (not everything is worth laughing about), and often enough I really like it when someone good at it lightens the mood. Negative Fe is physically painful for an SLI (aware as I am of my bodily reactions, asthey say).

To hear someone drone on in a negative tone is a drain. To hear someone suddenly get loudly upset over something I perceive as trivial is painful and cues my inner "trying to calm down" mechanism : )

I'm curious about the ILI perspective
    Last edited by meals; 08-05-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: ILI's?
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post

PoLR doesn't mean your incapable of smiling or fake smiling, a person uses every element in some way whether its clumsy or skillful. I know what he's talking about and I've seen this particular brand of fake smile in ILIs. Its really obvious and prominent almost to a wtf point.
    like this?

lol
    wtf. So you think Fe-PoLR is retardation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i see it as mostly just the inability to pick up qualitative nuances in transmitted and received phenomenal content, i.e. the inability to focus on how (in terms of qualitative appearance) things are said and done rather than what is done in so doing.

Fi is about not noticing qualitative distinctions in the "what" of what is done, i.e. it's complete objective definition rather than just it's transmitted phenomenal appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    This is what I have noticed:

They are particularly polite and silent in groups consisting of people they don't really know well, choosing to observe.

When they get fired up on factual descriptions of mundane stuff/news (SLI) or factual analysis (ILI), they ignore the emotional effect of their words on others. Hence not knowing when to stop, and possibly boring people with mundane talk (SLI), or factual analysis (ILI).

They aren't necessarily bad at understanding emotional dynamics, but are bad at going with and keeping up with the flow of group "Fe banter". When they are forced to do it, they say awkward stuff, smile, grunt, to try and turn the attention away from them. If it doesn't and keeps returning, they may react badly. Essentially, having the effect of bringing upon uncomfortable pauses before someone else resumes the banter. They usually only notice what went wrong when it's too late.

They suck at overt emotional expression, unless it's a parody where their true feelings aren't involved. They usually are closet romantics, hesitant to convey their true sentiments and are sensitive of the state of their Fi bond with people.

They hate being forced to open up and express how they feel as well as to contribute to the emotional atmosphere if they do not genuinely feel it, and are often accused of being dull and unentertaining by Fe valuers.
    Both of these are actually really accurate.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    I find whatever you were talking about over-the-top endearing, so I'ma call it "".

Makes me wish I could just jump in front and shield you from the slack/grief/ridicule some people'll give (or've already given) you for handling emotion like that.

So, genuinely, I can't help but ask: Stay a little awkward.
    thanks

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a good example of Fe POLR in action: getting physically ill thinking about the emotional exchange you're expected to participate in when leaving a loved one at an airport. I think I've developed a serious phobia of airports because of this, like for real. It's really so bad I start trying to rehearse how I should act days before....like if i'm going to fake cry or if I should give them a hug or wtf to do. It doesn't help I have to do this exchange nearly every other month. I effing hate it. Or dance clubs when you're expected to be all showy and expressive. I get physically ill at the thought.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meals View Post
    PoLR in ILI:

Good example . On the inside you can tell they're going 'alright, alright' at signs of it but on the outside trying to keep their cool. What I noticed in Fe-PoLRs is a coolness and natural distance from other people's issues, esp. things not directly related to their influence. "I don't care what you do, it's your life." etc. In reading Jung's Fe description, you can get a pretty good feel of Fe-PoLR just from understanding the opposite http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    This is what I have noticed:

They are particularly polite and silent in groups consisting of people they don't really know well, choosing to observe.

When they get fired up on factual descriptions of mundane stuff/news (SLI) or factual analysis (ILI), they ignore the emotional effect of their words on others. Hence not knowing when to stop, and possibly boring people with mundane talk (SLI), or factual analysis (ILI).

They aren't necessarily bad at understanding emotional dynamics, but are bad at going with and keeping up with the flow of group "Fe banter". When they are forced to do it, they say awkward stuff, smile, grunt, to try and turn the attention away from them. If it doesn't and keeps returning, they may react badly. Essentially, having the effect of bringing upon uncomfortable pauses before someone else resumes the banter. They usually only notice what went wrong when it's too late.

They suck at overt emotional expression, unless it's a parody where their true feelings aren't involved. They usually are closet romantics, hesitant to convey their true sentiments and are sensitive of the state of their Fi bond with people.

They hate being forced to open up and express how they feel as well as to contribute to the emotional atmosphere if they do not genuinely feel it, and are often accused of being dull and unentertaining by Fe valuers.
    Both of these are actually really accurate.
    I can relate very well to a lot of what Hunter wrote.

-Very polite, politic, and emotionally tolerant/easy-going when with strangers.

-Emotional expression is easy when hamming it up or being genuine, but only if it's reactive in nature (i.e. mimicking a voice, laughing out loud, cursing, etc.). Creating or carrying the emotional expression is difficult and will quickly transform into Fi.

-Will tend to deflect attention, and gets annoyed when it continually returns. It's like, "What the fuck? Why do you insist on including me? Can't you see by my non-participation that I don't want to? Yak it up - leave me out of it!"

-On the other side of that same coin, will often not 'express emotion' because the emotion is complex or shades of grey and requires logical explanation to adequately express it. When forced into an explanation, will usually err on the side of either complete waffling or definitive emotional statement: "Yum." "Meh." "Lame. "Sweet." This is because they realize the overall negative effect of any lengthy explanation on the audience (contrary to claims of NOT being aware) - people are obsessed with shiny things - they don't have the attention span to hear and understand a 20-30 second explanation.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    -Will tend to deflect attention, and gets annoyed when it continually returns. It's like, "What the fuck? Why do you insist on including me? Can't you see by my non-participation that I don't want to? Yak it up - leave me out of it!"
    I can see where ESEs could make you uncomfortable with this. I find that LIIs quite enjoy being part of something ridiculous and attention-grabbing, and sometimes somewhat clumsily attempt to muster up a silly atmosphere or draw attention to themselves.

I also notice consistently in other ESEs a tendency to constantly try to "include" people.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aestrivex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Director Kam View Post

I think we are talking about two entirely different feelings here. Fe ego people would find Fe PoLR behavior offensive at times. Te ego would not think of a Te PoLR's behavior as offensive. Inept and worthless possibly, but not something worthy of offense. Am I wrong here?

In the overall sense of things, it does not matter and is not the point of the thread at all, but just an idea I had.
    i realize you made this post a year ago, but i think your point is very wrong, and i can easily envision lots of scenarios in which Te polr would be offensive to Te valuing types. it helps to conceptualize Te as concerning itself with the external verifiable accuracy of information (in a similar way to which Ti types might concern themselves with the internal consistency of information) -- and in particular of needing accurate information, and in taking offense when other people blithely distribute misinformation with no regard or even attempt to make that information factually sustainable, and provide information that consists of excessive "reading between the lines."

the first several posts of the thread which follows is an example i use occasionally of a conflict between a Te dominant and a Te polr, which underscores the point here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=17513

in essence, hitta is doing precisely this -- making up factually unsustainable misinformation, essentially in this case to gratify his ego, and then reading between the lines with respect to expat's motivations. from the perspective of Te polr, with no interest in factual sustainability and every willingness to read between the lines, it is easy to understand why it would be confusing that this strikes Te ego types as important -- however, to Te types (and particularly Te/Fi dominants) the concept of good information is very important. Te types further put a lot of their ego into the information they disseminate themselves (put another way, on their honesty), and it can be deeply insulting and offensive to have someone blithely ignore it and read between the lines to affirm their own unsubstantiated conclusion (in the way hitta does in the above example, with comments meant to demean that entirely ignore the point at hand such as "Are you mentally retarded, or did you snort some unknown powdered substance when you were a teen").
    Si base types can do this as well because they don't see objects as they are but as a subjective representation of the actual object, which is usually a warped version, and not very accurate to the original object. Hitta, if he does this according to your observations, would actually be SLI or SEI, but SLI is more likely.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I have a good example of Fe POLR in action: getting physically ill thinking about the emotional exchange you're expected to participate in when leaving a loved one at an airport. I think I've developed a serious phobia of airports because of this, like for real. It's really so bad I start trying to rehearse how I should act days before....like if i'm going to fake cry or if I should give them a hug or wtf to do. It doesn't help I have to do this exchange nearly every other month. I effing hate it. Or dance clubs when you're expected to be all showy and expressive. I get physically ill at the thought.
    ha, i feel the same way. Well except the phobia... I dont feel phobic of places or situations because of that. I dont like long showy goodbyes, but then afterwards i'm always worried that someone might think i was indifferent to their departure, or that they might think I dont consider them a good friend if i just give them a hug and send them on their way. And then the overanalyzing begins.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Good example . On the inside you can tell they're going 'alright, alright' at signs of it but on the outside trying to keep their cool. What I noticed in Fe-PoLRs is a coolness and natural distance from other people's issues, esp. things not directly related to their influence. "I don't care what you do, it's your life." etc. In reading Jung's Fe description, you can get a pretty good feel of Fe-PoLR just from understanding the opposite http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    She's hilarious!! her humor!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will give you 2 examples of Fe polr.

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

I really pwnd those bitches hehe. Thanks due to my Fe polr!

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe polr:
    Bann yourself for 4 months

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ILI who has never shown his face on facebook. All his pics are of the back of his head or from behind him, looking out. It's odd. He prefers twitter. He's very into technology (he's a librarian and uses it for work a lot) but much, much less for social reasons.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Fe polr makes me feel some Fe!!!!!!!!

Awesome
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1)

2)

ahahahahahaha, great stuff
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    PoLR as I express it is a lack of energy to explain things to people when I only feel as though there has been nothing worth explaining
    I relate to this.
    That's actually more related to having Si base than Fe PoLR

Quote Originally Posted by meals View Post
    I am in constant contact with my supervisor ESE, conflictor EIE, and semi-dual ILE and I grew up with an SEI and had an ESE friend. I generally don't mind "positive" Fe unless it is over something really stupid (not everything is worth laughing about), and often enough I really like it when someone good at it lightens the mood. Negative Fe is physically painful for an SLI (aware as I am of my bodily reactions, asthey say).

To hear someone drone on in a negative tone is a drain. To hear someone suddenly get loudly upset over something I perceive as trivial is painful and cues my inner "trying to calm down" mechanism : )

This is true of my Sister (ESE) and my nephew (SLI) and so frustrating for me to watch. When she gets into her negative or screaming mode, I see his reaction, I feel his connection to her and it just sends me into this mode where I have to explain to her why it's not suitable for him and that she, being a mom and an adult, should learn to have a more sensitive approach to her son. It's only the sensitive and logical thing to do. She is a lot better about recognizing how she comes off to him now that she's heard me rant at her, teach her, advise her, again and again.
    -

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post

1)
    It would have been more appropriate to query you on the size of your feet.
    in that case I would have asked her how big her mouth was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

itt Fe polr ftw

a positive trait about being Fe polr though, is the ability to ignore what the group thinks, and have an independent view on stuff
    the people I know least likely to get baffled by bull shit are probably ISTps

sincere display of feelings

not blowing things out of proportion

totally ignoring irrational emotions

no drama
    n00bIEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    itt Fe polr ftw

a positive trait about being Fe polr though, is the ability to ignore what the group thinks, and have an independent view on stuff
    the people I know least likely to get baffled by bull shit are probably ISTps

sincere display of feelings

not blowing things out of proportion

totally ignoring irrational emotions

no drama
    this sounds great. I hate fake feelings and unnecessary drama.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing positive about one's PoLR. If you have something positive to say about someone's PoLR, just attribute it to their creative function instead.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    There is nothing positive about one's PoLR. If you have something positive to say about someone's PoLR, just attribute it to their creative function instead.
    hmm.

the positive thing of polr is that you have an absence of something in your personality.
    sure the absense of some great things, but also the absense of things that are consideren bad.

for example
    polr Te, not too businesslike
    polr Ni, not dreamy
    polr Ne, no crazy ideas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could all of those strengths not be attributed to creative creative and creative respectively?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could not focusing on the relevant content of what is being said, but choosing to nit-pick in stead, be attributed to Ne creative? hi hi just joking using my feeble Ti cuz you hit my polr

Jarno, your response I felt totally protected my polr
    n00bIEE

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could all of those strengths not be attributed to creative creative and creative respectively?
    It's the same thing!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could not focusing on the relevant content of what is being said, but choosing to nit-pick in stead, be attributed to Ne creative?
    Possibly . If you were just saying those are good things about BEING an Fe-PoLR then that's fine. Just thought you were trying to claim what is supposedly the biggest weakness as a strength somehow.

The only reason I said anything is cause it's like me claiming " PoLR allows me to come up with alternative solutions to seemingly hopeless problems", which sounds kinda silly.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could not focusing on the relevant content of what is being said, but choosing to nit-pick in stead, be attributed to Ne creative?
    Possibly . If you were just saying those are good things about BEING an Fe-PoLR then that's fine. Just thought you were trying to claim what is supposedly the biggest weakness as a strength somehow.

The only reason I said anything is cause it's like me claiming " PoLR allows me to come up with alternative solutions to seemingly hopeless problems", which sounds kinda silly.
    To discuss Fe's relation to the use of Te, we would necessarily be discussing the use of Te, which has many strengths. It is its use that leads to the failure in Fe matters.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.

the positive thing of polr is that you have an absence of something in your personality.
    sure the absense of some great things, but also the absense of things that are consideren bad.

for example
    polr Te, not too businesslike
    polr Ni, not dreamy
    polr Ne, no crazy ideas
    Yeah. It can be understood as a part of one's creative function, but it can also be understood as a direct consequence of one's PoLR.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast