Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fe PoLR: how does it show in ISTps and INTps?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I agree this repression of emotions is not good for an Fe ego to the level Gamma takes it. I'm initially attracted to Gamma NT as they seem "cooler"(shared Ni/Se) than many childish alphas but they do not express emotion and denigrate my expression while hitting me with Te. This is very bad for me and seems to bring on neurosis with prolonged contact. Im just not valued at all.
    I need to expirement and make betas my immediate everyday relations.
    It seems being ultra aristocratic would be good for me... intelligent educated betas only please!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with those descriptions Blaze, but if someone can find videos it's very helpful if you cam see them. better yet go interact with a type for a day or a week even better.
    Logic Polrs suk for dudes.

ILE i know intrudes on people and doesnt see dangerous persons. SLE assumes everyones intentions are nefarious?

ILI I know doesn't express emotion more than a strained deadpan face with flat tone. He may say briefly what hes expiriencing(anxiety) but his expression doesn't allow him to express it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I think of Fe polr, I think of a SLI who makes a comment that is not "appropriate."

For instance, everyone is saying how great air balloons are. They are "excited" and there is an Fe cloud of "OMG! air balloons are the best!! We should do it!"

Then the SLI will (sometimes) say something that deflates it "Eh, air balloons crash" or "that sounds lame."

Other times, at random, they might accidentally add to the Fe (which the Fe people like)"let's do body shots!" They can add to the Fe when they feel like it, or when they are drunk.

When they don't feel like it, they will say something horrible.

Which is awkward and the Fe-valuers will be like "umm...huh? Why would you say that right then? Are you trying to piss us off?" (they won't say that, but that will be their expression.

So, when everyone is raving about how great the wedding was, the SLI will laugh and say how the food was just terrible and they should get a refund (to the Fe horror of the married couple who spent lots money on that food).

Or accepting a gift basket, and the host is also offering additional take-home food "Oh I don't eat nuts, and I don't like cheese, so I won't really eat any of this." (ah...hmmm...awkward...)

Or meeting a someone new, and they don't feel like talking, so they just don't say anything.

Though strangely, an ISTj girl I know appears to value Fi by talking about the relationship and saying that she can tell some people put more effort into getting to know her, and she values that, where as others don't seem to really "care" about the relationship. Though she's still all about Fe of course.

And I've known ISTps who don't really get Fi at all, and will sorta put everyone on the same level. Like giving a nice gift, gesture, to one "close" friend and then doing the same thing to someone they barely know. Which makes it seem like the other relationship isn't any closer at all.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I relate to this istp description. Too generic or could I be istp?
    Generally I would just not say anything if it did suck or just leave but if I have no choice I might say something like that. I say plenty of offensive stuff. I test peoples reactions though to see what they are comfortable with. This seems totally normal. I'm thinking it's just too generic.
    For example I went to a wedding where the food was blah, I could tell they didn't spend that much money on top that it wasn't fresh and tasty. I had just been to a weddng where the food was awesome and it instantly popped into my head the food wasnt that good and I said it to my brother and he chided me on that. I was like whatever it sucks, and you know it. He didn't disagree he just didn't want anyone else to hear it. I don't think I would have said such a thing to any member of the wedding party or I didn't know personally so I didn't tale offense more than momentary anxiety from his alarm. That's Fe creative right, knowing when and how to say something to get a certain effect? Generally I'm just not PC enough for alot of middle america.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    When I think of Fe polr, I think of a SLI who makes a comment that is not "appropriate."

For instance, everyone is saying how great air balloons are. They are "excited" and there is an Fe cloud of "OMG! air balloons are the best!! We should do it!"

Then the SLI will (sometimes) say something that deflates it "Eh, air balloons crash" or "that sounds lame."

Other times, at random, they might accidentally add to the Fe (which the Fe people like)"let's do body shots!" They can add to the Fe when they feel like it, or when they are drunk.

Which is awkward and the Fe-valuers will be like "umm...huh? Why would you say that right then? Are you trying to piss us off?" (they won't say that, but that will be their expression.

So, when everyone is raving about how great the wedding was, the SLI will laugh and say how the food was just terrible and they should get a refund (to the Fe horror of the married couple who spent lots money on that food).

Or accepting a gift basket, and the host is also offering additional take-home food "Oh I don't eat nuts, and I don't like cheese, so I won't really eat any of this." (ah...hmmm...awkward...)

Or meeting a someone new, and they don't feel like talking, so they just don't say anything.

Though strangely, an ISTj girl I know appears to value Fi by talking about the relationship and saying that she can tell some people put more effort into getting to know her, and she values that, where as others don't seem to really "care" about the relationship. Though she's still all about Fe of course.

And I've known ISTps who don't really get Fi at all, and will sorta put everyone on the same level. Like giving a nice gift, gesture, to one "close" friend and then doing the same thing to someone they barely know. Which makes it seem like the other relationship isn't any closer at all.
    Yes I think you have the idea right, from my experience. Fe-PoLRs will easily detract from the positive spirit of the collective conversation. They won't really fit comfortably anywhere into it, and people won't like that about them. That is more or less what PoLR is, seeing and being affected by just the negative in that function, and still having a basic natural disrespect for it, treating it insignificantly.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahahahaha that's totally me
    Sounds consistent with Fi as a role function.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm i might do that too but it all depends on who is offering. If that happened I would scan the basket without them looking if I could and see the value of the stuff to myself and politely refuse or accept. Frankly I often refuse because they will insist and when its just the right level of insistence thats when you take it.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Frankly I often refuse because they will insist and when its just the right level of insistence thats when you take it.
    I've always hated that. Seems totally fake and pointless. From both sides. Well, unless the one who insists really wants you to have what they are offering/giving you, and its not just pretense or fake politeness.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

actually, i can identify with some of those things myself.

i must be istp then

like meeting someone new, and not saying anything if i don't think they're going to be interesting. or ignoring people in a group. i suppose it depends on the type of Fe atmosphere. some are just pointless and pathetic.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to those examples you shared, and I'm dominant, go figure.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to see PoLR just watch family guy

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...olr-fe-fi.html

Peter Griffin: ILE with a huge Fi polr!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...olr-fe-fi.html

good call; I have been seeing ENTps everywhere lately, they can really get on your nerves; I tend to like subs more (no offense, you seem like an sub to me), but ISFps have a way of making me totally sick after a while...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    good call; I have been seeing ENTps everywhere lately, they can really get on your nerves; I tend to like subs more (no offense, you seem like an sub to me), but ISFps have a way of making me totally sick after a while...
    ILEs drive people mad, that's for sure!
    I find it really funny that, whereas people tend to strongly dislike ILEs, most TV series with ILE characters have massive audiences (with watchers from all quadras).
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks sort of like napoleon dynamite.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    actually, i can identify with some of those things myself.

i must be istp then

like meeting someone new, and not saying anything if i don't think they're going to be interesting. or ignoring people in a group. i suppose it depends on the type of Fe atmosphere. some are just pointless and pathetic.
    Well ime you're doing right now what I've seen a lot of xLEs do..they kind of make these objective broad social rules, for lack of a better descriptor. It reminds me of that SLE matchmaker that Starfall posted about..I saw a few of her episodes the other day..and she was always about saying general guidelines for relationships and what things meant. She had objective criteria but would explain things in a larger context.

xLIs are like jewels described, they're like the unintentioned hitch at the party because they have no way to guage Fe. So it can be really hit or miss, and become a sour note to the atmosphere. Or when they get it right it can be like a funny accident. Because you know most of them don't intend to be the big hit when they stumble into some comment. They are very aware of how they feel on a personal level, and will put more priority on that. So it's better to put them in an environment that has links to their interests, where people will be considerate and adapt to them. They're like cute oblivious turtles. Keep in mind that they're also Ips, so they look more subdued overall in relation to their environment than the Fi polr Eps.

xLEs are more aware of their overall effect on an atmosphere, all the while being unable to realize how how their decisions and behavior personally affect both themselves and others. This often manifests as unforseen emotional consequences and fallout later, for example, at parties they're often the loud or clever ones trying to get noticed by their antics and dialogue, working their way into a position of power/esteem by their commentary/behavior, but they're not good at seeing they personally offended someone or accidentally trampled on a bond. It reminds me of the way Silverchris described Fi in that thread. Fi says stuff like "You can't do that to a human" but xLEs don't have much concept of that especially when in group mode. They're obnoxious in a different way than xLIs because get any kind of Fe atmosphere going and they become distructive/oblivious about personal relationships. Not the things you make objective rules about..but the things that you just know intuitively would hurt another person, so you don't act that way. Like the xLEs I've known have been good at making objective statements categorizing some sort of social ettiquete/behavior. The way they deal with their Fi polr is to justify everything they do into neat categories.

I've seen my ILE friend get into huge fights with people because she started out clowning around making funny, crowd pleasing statements that were subjectively hurtful to the people involved. She would just keep going and pushing and didn't know when to back off, and then when people retaliated, she would act surprised and confused and hurt, like "they are saying bad things about me. they aren't allowed to say those things. defend me" when really it was like she had been goading them the whole time. And it was hard to explain to her that she had an equal effect on the people she had been pissing off, because she didn't define objectively what she was doing as hurtful. In her mind she was just catering to the Fe atmosphere, and they attacked her for no reason. One on one she used her objective rules very often but you could tell they had less weight and at times she was largely helpless against subjective personal evaluations.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Fo shizzle. Family Guy is so Alpha, it makes me want to vomit. :not a fan:
    Yeah i'm not a fan of the show myself. I think it's ridiculously stupid.

Jay Leno, on the other hand, love him! He's ILE isn't he?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

Jay Leno, on the other hand, love him! He's ILE isn't he?
    I prefer Conan.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Well ime you're doing right now what I've seen a lot of xLEs do..they kind of make these objective broad social rules, for lack of a better descriptor. It reminds me of that SLE matchmaker that Starfall posted about..I saw a few of her episodes the other day..and she was always about saying general guidelines for relationships and what things meant. She had objective criteria but would explain things in a larger context.

xLIs are like jewels described, they're like the unintentioned hitch at the party because they have no way to guage Fe. So it can be really hit or miss, and become a sour note to the atmosphere. Or when they get it right it can be like a funny accident. Because you know most of them don't intend to be the big hit when they stumble into some comment. They are very aware of how they feel on a personal level, and will put more priority on that. So it's better to put them in an environment that has links to their interests, where people will be considerate and adapt to them. They're like cute oblivious turtles. Keep in mind that they're also Ips, so they look more subdued overall in relation to their environment than the Fi polr Eps.

xLEs are more aware of their overall effect on an atmosphere, all the while being unable to realize how how their decisions and behavior personally affect both themselves and others. This often manifests as unforseen emotional consequences and fallout later, for example, at parties they're often the loud or clever ones trying to get noticed by their antics and dialogue, working their way into a position of power/esteem by their commentary/behavior, but they're not good at seeing they personally offended someone or accidentally trampled on a bond. It reminds me of the way Silverchris described Fi in that thread. Fi says stuff like "You can't do that to a human" but xLEs don't have much concept of that especially when in group mode. They're obnoxious in a different way than xLIs because get any kind of Fe atmosphere going and they become distructive/oblivious about personal relationships. Not the things you make objective rules about..but the things that you just know intuitively would hurt another person, so you don't act that way. Like the xLEs I've known have been good at making objective statements categorizing some sort of social ettiquete/behavior. The way they deal with their Fi polr is to justify everything they do into neat categories.

I've seen my ILE friend get into huge fights with people because she started out clowning around making funny, crowd pleasing statements that were subjectively hurtful to the people involved. She would just keep going and pushing and didn't know when to back off, and then when people retaliated, she would act surprised and confused and hurt, like "they are saying bad things about me. they aren't allowed to say those things. defend me" when really it was like she had been goading them the whole time. And it was hard to explain to her that she had an equal effect on the people she had been pissing off, because she didn't define objectively what she was doing as hurtful. In her mind she was just catering to the Fe atmosphere, and they attacked her for no reason. One on one she used her objective rules very often but you could tell they had less weight and at times she was largely helpless against subjective personal evaluations.
    that was very insightful; sometimes when I get attention now I lose control like an PoLR, but I guess it's more due to my constant military training and the people I see on a regular basis...we are taught to filter ideas with a Beta-ish IM because there is so much information to process...a serious IP would never make it in all the
    Last edited by Nexus; 04-07-2010 at 07:54 AM.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why dont you flesh that out hubitch, as I have a hunch you dont know what the fuck your talking about
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    if you want to see PoLR just watch family guy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Fo shizzle. Family Guy is so Alpha, it makes me want to vomit. :not a fan:
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Amen to that!

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family Guy is Alpha-Beta rational. Maybe just Beta rational. It's okay, but doesn't do much for me.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually hate that show, except for certain parts with Stewy and Brian but even those are overrated. It's annoying. Not great like King of the Hill or older Simpsons... *sigh*
    True words.

None of the ENTps here on the forum, or any that I know in real life are anything like Peter Griffin. I much prefer to call him ESFp.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the ESFps on this forum
    Like which? There aren't any on the forum. When I use the argument in regard to ENTps people can instantly pick up on it. Where these Peter Griffin like ENTps? I don't see them around here.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Griffin is a doofus and untypeable.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Godamn Fe polrs.

The usual Warning; This is a mini rant on Fe polrs and any weak Fe type really and though true, is subjective will probably be offensive to them and is essentially shit talking.

Typical Fe polr or even role:
    They act butthurt and think I'm a wierdo if I add any dramatic effect, pepper in jokes, embellishments etc. If I say anything thats not literally true (even with FUCKING OBVIOUS voice tone or modulation for effect) they just fucking don't get it. Fe roles will give a tiny bit of acknoledegment but totally fucking distort the essence and make a shitty fucking joke. Again they act paranoid around any Fe they haven't seen or expirienced. A fe creative could be trolling the polr and they would just take you literally. ILI's seem to not understand personal emotions as being as a complex physical, emotional dynamic mechanism.
    Seriously you may be Fe polr but don't act like a fucking moron and think Fe types are wierd MMK? Thank you, don't come again, fuckoff.
    Simple example that non Fe types will still manage to criticize and not understand:
    Me: What can I marinate portabello mushroms in?
    ILI: (in slow measured, low key speech): You could use soy sauce
    Me interjecting quickly: Ugh I can't handle soy sauce right now. (*Wretch*)
    Him: What? Cue irrelevant body of NiTe information to try and convice me that theres no logical reason to wretch from soy sauce.
    Me: your a fucking idiot.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say things that are not literally true for dramatic effect sometimes. Am I Fe PoLR? Yes. Do I like soy sauce? I sure as fuck do.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Why are you so mad?

EDIT: Also, why couldn't you handle soy sauce?
    Last edited by nil; 04-20-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    Why are you so mad?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corrected:

Me: In what can I marinate portabello mushrooms?
    ILI, in slow, measured, low-key speech: You could use soy sauce.
    Me, interjecting quickly: Ugh I can't handle soy sauce right now. (*retch*)
    Him: What? [Cue irrelevant body of NiTe information to try convincing me that there's no logical reason to retch from soy sauce.]
    Me: You're a fucking idiot.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elings

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes feelings.
    i think i finally had a breakthrough with ashton.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe polrs have an agenda for what they want to talk about, and it seems unaffected by whether you care or even need to hear it. Also they will selectively acknowledge what you say to them.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fe creative could be trolling the polr and they would just take you literally.
    Lol I was trolling you about prostates and you took it literally.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    Fe polrs have an agenda for what they want to talk about, and it seems unaffected by whether you care or even need to hear it. Also they will selectively acknowledge what you say to them.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    EDIT: Also, why couldn't you handle soy sauce?
    lol

Fe polr is awesome.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe polr is taking everything literally? I missed that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Fe polr is taking everything literally?
    yes.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is that true or am I just taking you too literally?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was fucking with you. lol now i feel bad. sorry

i think taking things too literally can be one manifestation of Fe polr but not what Fe polr IS.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast