Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quadra colors

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra colors ...

Ganin mentioned briefly that there were certain color combinations that types in various quadras tended towards, what are your favorite color combinations?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Green, purple, red, deep blue. Where did Ganin say that by the way?
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

minimal lines, bold clean colors, i love those black/white/red type stuff.

best picture i ever had was of a woman dressed in 20's style hat/outfit, in black with a reddish/purplish background...short smoking hand gun, and a heart shaped bullet hole right through the glass protecting the picture. Damn it was gorgeous!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like neutral tones (black and white especially, greys) and red. Silvery/metalic things are cool, too. Green.... earth tones.

I like all colors

I like pink a lot, but like it on other people (I'm being serious). I don't have anything pink that i'd wear.

I do not like blues very much, to be honest. Unless it's a natural, ocean scene or sky scene, or something.

If I had to choose 3 it would be red, white, and black.
    I'm going to post a picture of my watch, because it's awesome, and I keep banging it so I know it won't last.......

remind me to do that tomorrow, when I can do such a thing.

I like more traditionally girly colors on girls - brighter colours, light blues and pinks, greens, flowery, but I could never realyl wear them myself. I really don't care what other people wear, though I appreciate style.

PS: I don't really like to wear bright colors, save for red and white. IN general, I wear darker tones.

PPS: green is my natural color........... long, long stories............. ....... emeraldish......
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, i guess i shoulda mentioned that other than really really hating realistic stuff, almost no matter what the colors, if it looks like there is a good story being told, I'm on it.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have an opinion. I used to not be able to articulate what I liked. Now I make websites, so my "self" has evolved accordingly.

Dark, sharp colors. Light blues. STRONG greens. black. yellow = No!

etc..
    thing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like very bright colors.

I like combos of bright yellow and black, especially. Or black/white.

Or red/yellow/shining blue.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my favorite color combinations include bright red, brown, beige, orange, etc. i like white and dark grey, too. no black. despite almost all my clothes have a tone of red in them.

in terms of color i like, i think deep blue is beautiful. i HATE green.

Creepy-pokeball

Green. Blue. Black. Earth tones. And steel blue which is grey/blue combo.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strong, vivid colours. Green, deep blue, a cold red. Yellow and orange, but not too much of it. Black.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stuff like that

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Green. Blue. Black. Earth tones. And steel blue which is grey/blue combo.
    The same as Jadae.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

I'm not that fond of colors. I really hate loud colors. Fucking vile they are,

Creepy-pokeball

Im either really tired or those colors are moving...

Well, yes if you look at them in center it will apear as if they are moving.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like neutrals and blue. I have had people tell me that I wear a lot of blue.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like bright and vivid colors and color combinations. Light Blue and Green are my favorite. I also like pure yellow, black and white. I ussually prefer precise colors over shady & unclear ones. I dislike many red and grey undertones(like the ones posted by Pedro-the-Lion) and pale colors.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big fan of anything blue (especially eyes :wink: ). I wear blue, grey, and dark green more than anything. My room is all decorated with blue, green, and sorta beige/earth tone-y tapestries. There's one that's mainly a color that I like to call "dirty blue," which is probably my favorite color. I like the "under water" sorta feel it gives.

Not a huge fan of bright colors, but I wear them just for kicks. And attention. Duh.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Strong, vivid colours
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I like bright and vivid colors and color combinations. Light Blue and Green are my favorite.
    I really love vivid colours, I can see a delta pattern coming on
    Purple is a nice colour, and light blue and green is an amazing combination. I also like purple and black as a combination, or red and purple, or indeed red and black is very good aswell. Light pink and light green or light blue also go together very well.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Creepy-

I like black. I wear black all the time.

Silver is good, too. And purple.

I don't like white. Or orange. Or yellow. Or red (unless it's blood-red, I like blood-red).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    I used to be one of those girls who wore black and smoked cigarettes and listened to the Cure and the Smiths and Siouxie and the Banshees. :wink:
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    Green, purple, red, deep blue. Where did Ganin say that by the way?
    http://www.socionics.com/ubb/ultimat...opic/3/12.html

About the paintings....well, maybe you have or maybe you haven't realised this, but the colour palette is as important as the composition since different quadrables tend to express their values a lot through the colour they pick. For example Alpha members may choose quite light and bright colours for let's say decoration, whether Beta would go for dark often black colour (well black is not technically a colour). The supposedly sensing paintings on the test contain many Delta colours. I find it hard to imagine an ISFp or ESFj (particularly fussy about colours) would choose those.

The two on the top I initially made Alpha/Gamma and the ones on the bottom I made Beta/Delta.

But, it turns out that Alpha/Beta types are more likely to choose the top two as a set and Gamma/Delta types are more likely to choose the bottom two as a set.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red, green, a strong blue
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

The two on the top I initially made Alpha/Gamma and the ones on the bottom I made Beta/Delta.

But, it turns out that Alpha/Beta types are more likely to choose the top two as a set and Gamma/Delta types are more likely to choose the bottom two as a set.
    I chose the top two and I am very certain. The other two are even a little repulsive to me. Plus, most Deltas here said they prefer strong and vivid colors which are dominant in the first two paintings.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Winterpark"]

I chose the top two and I am very certain. The other two are even a little repulsive to me. Plus, most Deltas here said they prefer strong and vivid colors which are dominant in the first two paintings.
    I realized that, ENFps also seem to be picking the top set. The only gamma and delta types I have found to strongly choose the bottom set were mostly INTps, some ISTps and ESTjs.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    I used to be one of those girls who wore black and smoked cigarettes and listened to the Cure and the Smiths and Siouxie and the Banshees. :wink:
    Out of those I only do the black thing

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, the bottom set kinda...repulses me. I don't like it at all.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Thanks for saying that, I felt the same but I don't want to inadvertently insult anyone's taste. They made me feel all melancholy and like all joy is killed away. If I had to look at that everyday of my life, I'd have to mentally make that shit look pretty in order to not get depressed. I'd tell myself that her boobs are swollen because she's providing nutrition to her child. And in the case of the other one, I'd tell myself that the fruit gathered in the bowl will decompose and return back to the earth...where it will get out of that f'ugly painting. I realllllllly loved the butterfly painting. The colors match the color palate in my room. The frida kalo painting simply makes me think of my ISFp friend, who loves her work.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Yeah, definitely top set, for me.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-pokeball

Top left corner is the only one I remotely like. I do not think the selections are fair, though. Theyre all freakin' ugly lol. But beyond that, colors often are associated with values in culture and gender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark

Id have to agree with winterpark. I dont like the colors of the bottom paintings. Too dreary. I love bright and deep colors. Frida is interesting in her color combinations, but she's a little dark in her subject matters .

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the combination of blue, green (but can't be too dark), pink and purple. I don't like colors such as tan, gold, peach, nor white very much. Black ok if it with another color but I don't like it by it self same with white.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love all colors. it just depends on my mood to choose which ones i like better. but i wear every color possible...a lot of hot pink which i know is repulsive for a lot of people, but cheers me up when i wear it.

as for the paintings, i like the top two better, but the top left one the best. the Frida painting is a little depresseing in theme but the colors are amazing. one of the favorite painters in Rene Magritte. love his stuff! all the colors are so bold and vibrant that they really draw my attention. too bad any representation in a book or magazine comes nothing to what it's like in real life (i saw an exhibition of his in Vienna, Austria).
    *ENFp*
    Play with me!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Bright colors are repulsive.

attractive to me.

Besides, ladies in red, and who can look good in red, well.... that's just awesome no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like blues and greens, generally, because they remind me of the ocean (and trees, sky, etc., but mainly the ocean).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by fever; 03-19-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    chilling out (and getting chilly) in the penalty box.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're just hungry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast