Thread: Your opinion on my type

Creepy-male

Default Your opinion on my type

OOPS I know this should belong in (find your type... oh well)

Hello I am new to this forum and was interested on what you all thought my type was, I guess I'll list certain traits I identify with each of certain types and let you all interpret it, I have my own theories but want a nice neutral opinion. I may be off on some of these but I am getting it from keirsey.com for each of the types which have the same 4 letter meanings and such so I figure its pretty much apples to apples, didn't have time to look up on each of the 16 on this site. Anyways without further explanation...

INTP -- I have been told by numerous people I am very analytical and I have a tendancy to rationalize out principles to the extreme and debate furiously when I fell that I am right. Not to mention in debates I can make strikely true points and rationales. I am also an engineering major and enjoy solving problems and figuring out the mechanics behind things. I am not extremely absent minded but have a tendancy to be forgetfull when my mind is going on and on. I am also always attempting to percieve the use or function of a certain thing in an intuitive manner as if the parts of a machine.

INTJ -- same reasons for the INTP really except I tend to be very organized if I wish and plan out things well. I am also pretty judgemental about things when I fell that I am right, I don't leave much room for tolerance unless I can see why it is so.

Both of these are good also because I have introverted tendancies and have been told I am shy meeting new people I am unsure about, but I do well with known people or in a group I am comfortable with, plus I prefer a small group of close friends over random strangers. However I prefer to do things out and with a companion (with the exception of work, unless the person is helping and not hurting) as opposed to alone.

ENTP -- I love to debate simply, I always rush into new ideas of designed and making new projects once I can visualize the path to make it. Also I don't mind expressing my rationales to other people and debating it out.

ENTJ -- prolly not cause I hate bossy and directive people and I could not stand myself if I was one. I think more INTJ than ENTJ

INFP -- I am predisposed to daydreaming a bit and like to imagine and visualize things. I am pretty good at empathy and sympathy, unless I regard the person as attacking me in which I go into debate or fight mode. I view myself as ethical and concerned doing what is right, but have a hard time outwardly expressing my emotions cause I am afraid of seeming dramatic about things.

ENFP -- Same as INFP, only thing in support I love to tell stories about ethical encounters, only thing against is I am more introverted than extroverted with feeling.

INFJ -- I like to help guide people along their path and help them to success, I feel like I am nice and helpful, but a bit reluctant to offer my help unless I feel that the person is dedicated to their cause and not just wanting me to solve their problem for them. I tend to be judgmental about ethical issues, trying to order and reason out the ethics behind something.

ENFJ -- moreso INFJ because not good at organizing activities to help people along their paths and help them realize their potential, I wish to help just not to brainstorm activites.

all NF types are fitting also because I take criticism in some cases as trying to make me feel as though I did something wrong, this can lead to a furious debate if I feel as though I did nothing wrong and feel as though I am being prosecuted.

ISFP -- I compose music, play jazz, and enjoy art, I also view myself as sensitive to subtle changes in aesthic or sensations and feel as though I have a developed ability to grasp sensation from all types of music, even those I particularly am not fond of and arts of other types.

ISTP -- I am a pilot and enjoy working on things with my hands. I like to interact with my environment and can be fidgety, I don't like to have my hand doing nothing it makes me feel uncomfortable, I have them in my pockets usually or am using them to do something. I enjoy playing around with my environment and doing action oriented things.

ESTP -- prolly not because I use things more than people and am not into the business of promoting myself or activites to others, in fact I'd rather just do the activity and ask them to join and leave it there.

ESFP -- prolly not because I consider performing to be more about expression and less about living in the moment and thriving of the thrills of performance, as a matter of fact to me its a bit of a challenge to calm my nerves in a performance situation, rather than thriving off of my nerves.

SJ types don't fit balantly because I am not a rule person if the rule is not rationale and percieve by my analysis as ethical. Also I am more to judge on theory and intuition and empathy than simply on protocal...

I know that was lengthy but I am at odds of what fits best... many see me as a NT type which I'd agree on, but I feel I have NF qualities too, let me know what you think... all feedback is appreciated

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah! MBTI influence~ sucking the life out of me ... gak!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out the links in rmcnew's sig, and/or similarminds.com, I guess.

There's a little bit of every personality type in all of us.

You need to take more tests, it seems...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-male

hmm whats so bad about MBTI lol, I haven't done extensive research on this all or anything -- I am on checking on those link though, maybe I need to be speaking the same language here to get you alls feedback.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    hmm whats so bad about MBTI lol, I haven't done extensive research on this all or anything -- I am on checking on those link though, maybe I need to be speaking the same language here to get you alls feedback.
    Socionics is not MBTI is why I said what I did ...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    It's not that bad actually, it's just that some people here have trouble with believing in more than one theory at a time.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-male

cool well I am looking up on all of this, I'll post in a revision soon so if your still browsing the forums then I'd appreciate some feedback

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck with that.....
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you do anything else, take McNew's test:

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi?loc=test
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

too much too long -- I will need to post in a seperate topic this will take a while...