View Poll Results: what type is JK Rowling?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 10.00%
  • LII (INTj)

1 5.00%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 5.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 10.00%
  • LIE (ENTj)

4 20.00%
  • ESI (ISFj)

2 10.00%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 5.00%
  • EII (INFj)

9 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JK Rowling

TIM
    H-EII Sx/Sp E9w1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma NT

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, untypeable goddess

I think she is ESE-Si Sp/So 9w1

She has a lot of Alpha values

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is typeable. - Dostoyevsky

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She idealizes Alpha values. Most of the Weasleys are Alpha, and the one who isn’t (Percy, who is Delta) isn’t represented great. Vernon and Aunt Marge are also ESTj and poorly represented. She also has three-four ILEs who are very well represented (Mr Weasley, Fred and George; Sirius and James are also most likely ILE/SLE and, although show as somewhat arrogant when they are younger, are portrayed positively). She also has Luna, who is LII and well represented, and Neville, who is SEI and well represented. Voldemort is Gamma NT, conflicting JK Rowling is she is an Alpha-SF. I also feel Lily, who is a huge beacon of how the main theme of love is expressed, is ESE. Furthermore, I don’t think JK Rowling is Ne-ego. I think she is Si-ego/Ne-seeking. I would have to go and find quotes/moments to back this up. I know there are a few moments she talks about aesthetics (in terms of clothing) and dressing well, and she seems very confident in making these observations.

Maybe she is EII, but to me she epitomizes Alpha more than Delta Quadra in terms of her values. I don’t think she is Ne-ego or intuitive at all. Her writing is fairly straight forward. Also, in terms of Fe-Ti, I remember one interview she gave where she expressed annoyance at Alfonzo putting in magic just to put in magic, saying that in her world there is always a logic underpinning the magic. She has made a few comments along these lines (her magic and world making sense logically), which seems more Ti-seeking than Ti-role.

I also find the way she writes about holidays, food, etc. to be very Si. Although there is a good chunk of Ne in HP (Quidditch (which she also noted she though of because every culture in history had had a sport, and therefore hers should too, which seems a Ti way of thinking), the bulk of her creativity surrounds Si-related things, notably food and the way she describes environments/decorations). Compare her writing to Neil Gaiman, who is EII and the Si>Ne becomes apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    She is typeable. - Dostoyevsky

Last edited by mightylizard; 08-30-2019 at 03:30 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^I'd call her SEI from that picture above, and politically conservative.

I also tried to read her first Harry Potter book, and got to page 3 and gave up. Absolutely gave up. Her stuff is unreadable.

-Voldemort.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ^I'd call her SEI from that picture above, and politically conservative.

I also tried to read her first Harry Potter book, and got to page 3 and gave up. Absolutely gave up. Her stuff is unreadable.

-Voldemort.
    Lol. I liked the books when a kid, but they’re not the kind of children’s work that’s enjoyable, I think, past a certain degree of maturity. I think there’s something infantile about adults who are great fans of them.
    As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

All over the place! EII looks most common and doesn't seem bad. Si polr seems off, with the level of immersion in her books.

I'll forever identify her books with spending time with my son <3 I tried reading the first one myself but couldn't get into it, but I found them enjoyable to read aloud to an interested party. He learned to read before the last in the series and impatiently finished it himself, aw

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with @mightylizard’s typing. She isn’t Fi/Te valuing. Certainly not an Fi dominant. Her writing isn’t emotionally introspective at all. Neither are her characters. Barely an attempt is made at it. Fi’s in the id-block.
    As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at ENTJ. She is soft as shit and her Si is spilling out all over the place.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I agree with @mightylizard’s typing. She isn’t Fi/Te valuing. Certainly not an Fi dominant. Her writing isn’t emotionally introspective at all. Neither are her characters. Barely an attempt is made at it. Fi’s in the id-block.
    Her characters are retrospective. Trying to grandfather in personality traits which fit with the pop culture group think of the time. Hermoine was black, other people are gay. lol.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This shit is funny.

Self-typing is a joke if we can't actually agree on this woman being an EII.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

im gonna go with IEI-Ni.

Harry Potter reeks of beta values. Gryffindor is basically beta.

TIM
    EII-I-H 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teacher at my school looks and acts really similar to her. ESE-Si is my vote.

EII-2Ne
    | Harmonic > Dominant | INFJ | The Researcher | 4w5-1w9-5w4 | sp/sx
    "Everything comes and goes, pleasure moves on too early and trouble leaves too slow."

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    Teacher at my school looks and acts really similar to her. ESE-Si is my vote.
    Gonna have to agree dude. Didn't really notice why I disliked her work on a fundamental level at the time I read it. Why Harry never thought of just punching out that douche of a stepbrother for instance is beyond me. Same goes with chancing it in the wilderness after some prep time instead of putting up with the amount of abuse his step family heaped upon him before some outside faction told him he's the fucking "chosen one" and all. Steel knife, ferrocerium rod, a basic understanding of how to build a fire from kindling, a good quality pre-fab tent, it ain't hard to get the basics going folks and if you're being rasied by people who clearly hate your guts the incentives to learn this shit are pretty friggin' compelling.

Throw the ability to use "magic" into that mix and boy oh boy did you make the sale. Fuck em'! I'ma grok it innawoods! Later bitches !

TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII
    my gallery of types:

http://soziotypen.de/bekannte-persoenlichkeiten/

https://rateyourmusic.com/~soundofconfusion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12