View Poll Results: what type is JK Rowling?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

6 15.38%
  • LII (INTj)

1 2.56%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

4 10.26%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 2.56%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 5.13%
  • LIE (ENTj)

5 12.82%
  • ESI (ISFj)

2 5.13%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 2.56%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 2.56%
  • EII (INFj)

18 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JK Rowling

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, untypeable goddess

I think she is ESE-Si Sp/So 9w1

She has a lot of Alpha values

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JK Rowling - INFJ - Dostoyevsky

Last edited by khcs; 05-26-2020 at 07:06 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She idealizes Alpha values. Most of the Weasleys are Alpha, and the one who isn’t (Percy, who is Delta) isn’t represented great. Vernon and Aunt Marge are also ESTj and poorly represented. She also has three-four ILEs who are very well represented (Mr Weasley, Fred and George; Sirius and James are also most likely ILE/SLE and, although show as somewhat arrogant when they are younger, are portrayed positively). She also has Luna, who is LII and well represented, and Neville, who is SEI and well represented. Voldemort is Gamma NT, conflicting JK Rowling is she is an Alpha-SF. I also feel Lily, who is a huge beacon of how the main theme of love is expressed, is ESE. Furthermore, I don’t think JK Rowling is Ne-ego. I think she is Si-ego/Ne-seeking. I would have to go and find quotes/moments to back this up. I know there are a few moments she talks about aesthetics (in terms of clothing) and dressing well, and she seems very confident in making these observations.

Maybe she is EII, but to me she epitomizes Alpha more than Delta Quadra in terms of her values. I don’t think she is Ne-ego or intuitive at all. Her writing is fairly straight forward. Also, in terms of Fe-Ti, I remember one interview she gave where she expressed annoyance at Alfonzo putting in magic just to put in magic, saying that in her world there is always a logic underpinning the magic. She has made a few comments along these lines (her magic and world making sense logically), which seems more Ti-seeking than Ti-role.

I also find the way she writes about holidays, food, etc. to be very Si. Although there is a good chunk of Ne in HP (Quidditch (which she also noted she though of because every culture in history had had a sport, and therefore hers should too, which seems a Ti way of thinking), the bulk of her creativity surrounds Si-related things, notably food and the way she describes environments/decorations). Compare her writing to Neil Gaiman, who is EII and the Si>Ne becomes apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    She is typeable. - Dostoyevsky

Last edited by mightylizard; 08-30-2019 at 02:30 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^I'd call her SEI from that picture above, and politically conservative.

I also tried to read her first Harry Potter book, and got to page 3 and gave up. Absolutely gave up. Her stuff is unreadable.

-Voldemort.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ^I'd call her SEI from that picture above, and politically conservative.

I also tried to read her first Harry Potter book, and got to page 3 and gave up. Absolutely gave up. Her stuff is unreadable.

-Voldemort.
    Lol. I liked the books when a kid, but they’re not the kind of children’s work that’s enjoyable, I think, past a certain degree of maturity. I think there’s something infantile about adults who are great fans of them.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

All over the place! EII looks most common and doesn't seem bad. Si polr seems off, with the level of immersion in her books.

I'll forever identify her books with spending time with my son <3 I tried reading the first one myself but couldn't get into it, but I found them enjoyable to read aloud to an interested party. He learned to read before the last in the series and impatiently finished it himself, aw

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with @mightylizard’s typing. She isn’t Fi/Te valuing. Certainly not an Fi dominant. Her writing isn’t emotionally introspective at all. Neither are her characters. Barely an attempt is made at it. Fi’s in the id-block.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at ENTJ. She is soft as shit and her Si is spilling out all over the place.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I agree with @mightylizard’s typing. She isn’t Fi/Te valuing. Certainly not an Fi dominant. Her writing isn’t emotionally introspective at all. Neither are her characters. Barely an attempt is made at it. Fi’s in the id-block.
    Her characters are retrospective. Trying to grandfather in personality traits which fit with the pop culture group think of the time. Hermoine was black, other people are gay. lol.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This shit is funny.

Self-typing is a joke if we can't actually agree on this woman being an EII.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

im gonna go with IEI-Ni.

Harry Potter reeks of beta values. Gryffindor is basically beta.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    Teacher at my school looks and acts really similar to her. ESE-Si is my vote.
    Gonna have to agree dude. Didn't really notice why I disliked her work on a fundamental level at the time I read it. Why Harry never thought of just punching out that douche of a stepbrother for instance is beyond me. Same goes with chancing it in the wilderness after some prep time instead of putting up with the amount of abuse his step family heaped upon him before some outside faction told him he's the fucking "chosen one" and all. Steel knife, ferrocerium rod, a basic understanding of how to build a fire from kindling, a good quality pre-fab tent, it ain't hard to get the basics going folks and if you're being rasied by people who clearly hate your guts the incentives to learn this shit are pretty friggin' compelling.

Throw the ability to use "magic" into that mix and boy oh boy did you make the sale. Fuck em'! I'ma grok it innawoods! Later bitches !

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    EII
    Nah I’m a realists and my thoughts are on real human or human like situations for people and their relationships like Dostoevsky.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JK Rowling - INFJ - Dostoevsky

George R.R. Martin - INTJ - Robespierre

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Nah I’m a realists and my thoughts are on real human or human like situations for people and their relationships like Dostoevsky.
    She is LIE. Just look at her cringe posts and retcons.. 0% idea how people actually see what she is doing or how they relate to it. She has terrible Fi and even worse Fe. One cringe bumbling tweet after another..

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    She is LIE. Just look at her cringe posts and retcons.. 0% idea how people actually see what she is doing or how they relate to it. She has terrible Fi and even worse Fe. One cringe bumbling tweet after another..
    LIE is plausible, but any type can be socially oblivious. Plus, not foreseeing reactions could just as easily be attributable to Ni-POLR (and doing the same thing over and over again without realizing that it is likely to produce the same effect most definitely is).

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    JK Rowling - INFJ - Dostoevsky

George R.R. Martin - INTJ - Robespierre

GRRM ILI Balzac

https://images.app.goo.gl/hz9r1mMjras4CVW56

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never got into her series much even tho its part of a genre I stereotypically enjoy. I find something about her really untrustworthy.... like how she outed Dumbledore as gay but then refuses to make him actually do anything gay in the books or movies, because that would be gay. It's like all she wanted was social justice brownie points but is secretly homophobic herself. She probably likes Gryffindor because bravery is something she wishes she had in herself but can never find. (I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but ugh, I just don't like her on a deep level) What she does with the SJW stuff is flat out manipulative and gross, and seems like something even Umbridge wouldn't do.

I kinda like it better when a redneck trailer trash guy says 'lol a fag' and treats me like crap because at least it's more honest than that manipulative BS.

It's not really about offending people or even provoking them, I mean a perfect example of how to be a cool person is Kylie Minogue. She feels like a better person, because her higher ups at first didn't want the gay stuff in her 'All the Lovers' video but she refused until they changed their minds. But I mean, that song technically has 'homosexuality' but it's tastefully done in a very generic vanilla-y way. She could have done something like that if she was worried what soccer mom Sally would think. As it would be a good compromise. I'm not saying I wanted Dumbledore and the other guy fisting each other on screen, but she doesn't even try. *sigh*

Idk her type tho. She kinda VIs as EII to me. That enlarged, very clear picture of her- her head shape is really Ij-ish?
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 05-30-2020 at 01:22 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Novel wasn't about Dumbledore. Never understood why people were so upset that Dumbledore wasn't made clearly gay in the book when he is an old man who actually gets very little character insight until the last novel. I suppose she could have emphasized the relationship between him and that other wizard more, or people contemplating his sexuality in the final book, but I think that would have come across as more "social justice-y for the sake of social justice" than what she did in the end. Apparently she told producers/movie writers that Dumbledore was gay years before she told the public, so, meh. Even then I think what originally happened was someone asked if Dumbledore was ever married to a woman or something and she just said, "no, he's gay."

Once she dies it'll go back to, "Harry Potter had a fundamental impact on children's literature; J.K. Rowling was a creative genius whose imagination defined an entire generation." It's just "cool" to dislike her in the current zeitgeist. I mean, I don't care if people dislike her, but, like I said, once she dies she will be revered.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her recent comments about gender are disappointing. I'm not sure she really said anything particularly transphobic, but she did seem a whole lot more interested in validating the idea that "sex is real," an idea that hardly needs defense since most people agree with it while the ones who don't aren't harming anyone, than she did in validating transgender people, who are often sorely in need of acceptance. The worst part of it is that if she really isn't transphobic and her comments were just clumsy, she has almost completely failed to explain the fact. I don't follow her Twitter page, but as far as I can tell, she has mostly responded to her fans' outrage with silence, which does as much to make her look transphobic as her original comments did.

Anyway, I think she is probably an EII. The little controversy I mentioned in the above paragraph seems to be a classic case of Fi > Fe. She's far more attentive to defending a personal conviction of hers than she is in considering how her comments are affecting other people and the general emotional atmosphere. And I think the Harry Potter books are very Ne. She cobbled together a great many external myths and put a wacky spin on them, and her presentation in the books has much more breadth than depth.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blunder could have been either Ti or Fi: it was "this is my opinion and I will hold stubbornly by it." To me it seemed more detached (Ti) rather than a personal conviction in the Fi sense. The main "issue" with the incident was that 1) she expressed her opinion very poorly, and 2) she didn't fully grasp how other people would perceive her opinion (slash she just blatantly didn't care).

Just read her full statement (on her website) about the incident. Seems very Ti > Fi (i.e., I am "expressive" in how I present my opinions, but "detached" in my analysis)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII seems perfect for her, I think.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/j...gender-issues/

heh

Edit: she is not delta, she is probably alpha SF, again.
    I agree. Lack of Ni is apparent in the sense that she should have be able to foresee how her opinion would come across when she presented it the way that she did on Twitter. An ILE or LII would say, "I can see where you're coming from (Ne/Ti ego - not outright giving their own opinion, but rather trying to understand the other's opinion), and there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion (Ti), but maybe if you want to express your point you should write a full article so that no one can misunderstand you (Ni demonstrative/ignoring - foreseeing how the tweet would be perceived by others and actively taking measures to minimize future problems).

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't know what her explanation was and all the details of this but my impression of terf philosophy is encompassing of worries that like, sex-based discrimination will become legal if there is no sex. And I would think that it's in everybody's best interest to say that, for example, firing someone for getting pregnant should be frowned on regardless of the pregnant person's gender. My shallow impression (without a deep dive) of the jkr situation is that her stuff about women being the people who menstruate was for that reason and not some 2nd grade science thing, lol.

JK: will future generations get fired for being pregnant since their sex based protections are in danger if they can be arbitrary?

Option 1 response: your concern is relevant and let's work together to make bad things illegal irregardless of gender.

Option 2 response: YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT? DIE BITCH

If this post is evil I hope it's because of misunderstanding and not irreconcilable differences.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I don't know what her explanation was and all the details of this but my impression of terf philosophy is encompassing of worries that like, sex-based discrimination will become legal if there is no sex. And I would think that it's in everybody's best interest to say that, for example, firing someone for getting pregnant should be frowned on regardless of the pregnant person's gender. My shallow impression (without a deep dive) of the jkr situation is that her stuff about women being the people who menstruate was for that reason and not some 2nd grade science thing, lol.

JK: will future generations get fired for being pregnant since their sex based protections are in danger if they can be arbitrary?

Option 1 response: your concern is relevant and let's work together to make bad things illegal irregardless of gender.

Option 2 response: YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT? DIE BITCH

If this post is evil I hope it's because of misunderstanding and not irreconcilable differences.
    I only briefed through her explanation, but my general sense is that her main issue seems to be more with fears of not being able to engage openly in dialogue about gender dysphoria/being transgendered, and that you get shot down if you hold a "politically incorrect" view, or even if you question key tenets held by transgender activists (note, on a side: this is Ti/Fe, not Fi/Te). Her tweet was a very poor way of expressing this view. I think the view itself has merit: there is the tendency to "label and then dismiss" even questions about transgender individuals, despite the fact that it is a very complicated phenomenon, and one that we understand on a very surface level. (e.g., the general implicit argument people make against her is: P1) JK Rowling is a TERF, P2) All TERFs are bad/evil C) Therefore, J.K. Rowling is evil). The implicit argument being made is tempting, as it has a valid structure. The soundness of it I would question. Regardless, I think that it is this "implicit" argument that pops up so commonly is actually what she is trying to articulate that she is against. Unfortunately she needs someone who can sift through her general argument to pick up what she is truly trying to argue (Ne) and then help her articulate it appropriately (Ti)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I think she should have apologized and not ranted so much about it as it seems like overly emotional. It was a bit too 'I'm sorry and I love trans people but'

I hate when people do that. Like 'I don't mean to hurt your feelings but-' (says something horribly offensive)

Just say the offensive thing or be nice but stop sugar coating the Mean Girl-ness in order to get away with it because you Machevillian-ishy know that people value niceness. It's very Umbridge of her. No wonder she wrote her so well eh?

I have lessened my own anger about it, I was tempted to call her names about it but it didn't seem helpful. As my SEE bestie would say 'JK Rowlings has feelings too' and well, that is true. Even if she is being a Condescending Corrorsive Cunt about this issue. Oh, oops. Heh.

I don't know why more people can't just simply say 'I'm sorry if I hurt anybody' and leave it at that. That short and sweet and simple. Even though technically yes that's probably just as 'manipulative' to me it makes her sound much better. If they don't forgive you after that it would seem like then they would be the grudge-holding assholes. In the end, the GLBT community should forgive her because this is so god awfully petty and we have much bigger enemies to worry about. She's spoiled and priveleged, and likes to troll ppl too much by her dumb eyes but in the end there is much bigger fish to fry.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I too used to think that trans people were possibly just gay males who couldn't withstand the social pressures of being a gay male so they had to be women instead.

But this doesn't make any sense, because I'm a gay cis male and never felt like I was in the wrong body so it's obviously different.

It might be true for a few trans people though but it doesn't seem very honest to apply that with a broad brush stroke.

I guess she should spend more time in the real world defending real minorities instead of sticking up for 'Werewolves' and Stoopid Magical Kreatures in her overrated book series?

I mean we're only so hard on her because she is trying to be some SJW for all discriminated against people. But maybe she should stick to fighting for cishet female rights.

There are parts of her book that felt so pretentious to me as well, like when she was describing the 'Mirror of Erised.' It's like her core is more pretentious even though she uses dumb cutsey phrases like that. The Fe is like a mask. And mainstream Illuminati schools probably liked it because of how pretentious it was, a good tool to control the masses while pretending that you are sticking up for the Magical Ones.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 06-11-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck is TERF

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    What the fuck is TERF
    It stands for Trans-Exclusive Radical Feminist, but more aptly it is just a term people throw around to justify 'canceling' someone without fully engaging in their views. There are lots of feminists who believe, "trans women are not real women," but most people other people call 'TERFs' have nuanced views about these sorts of topics. It's like when people call liberals 'libtards.' It's silly.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just plain wrong to think non middle-class feminism is more real and thus more accepting and that women like JKR are just blind. At least with this issue and where I live.

Back in the day when I was part of an organization that dealt with prostitutes and prostituted women, the anti trans feeling was everywhere in there since poor prostitutes where chased away by bigger and stronger trans women from affluent zone with better customers and trans 'stars' that transitioned later in life would declare prostitution was harmless since they did it as a hobby and to fulfill their porn-induced fantasies.

All this backlash to JKR is rather closed-minded and backwards. Look, if you have to walk on eggshells around concepts like 'female nature' or 'gendered uprbringing', you might as well schedule an appointment for your anal-bleaching session and learn to look pretty and be looked at so that your looks match your colonized mindset.
    Last edited by Rusal; 06-12-2020 at 01:00 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Her recent comments about gender are disappointing. I'm not sure she really said anything particularly transphobic, but she did seem a whole lot more interested in validating the idea that "sex is real," an idea that hardly needs defense since most people agree with it while the ones who don't aren't harming anyone, than she did in validating transgender people, who are often sorely in need of acceptance. The worst part of it is that if she really isn't transphobic and her comments were just clumsy, she has almost completely failed to explain the fact. I don't follow her Twitter page, but as far as I can tell, she has mostly responded to her fans' outrage with silence, which does as much to make her look transphobic as her original comments did.

Anyway, I think she is probably an EII. The little controversy I mentioned in the above paragraph seems to be a classic case of Fi > Fe. She's far more attentive to defending a personal conviction of hers than she is in considering how her comments are affecting other people and the general emotional atmosphere. And I think the Harry Potter books are very Ne. She cobbled together a great many external myths and put a wacky spin on them, and her presentation in the books has much more breadth than depth.
    Why or how are they "sorely" in need of acceptance and emotional validation? Why make things so personal?

People in minorities do need to be accepted in terms of equal and fair treatment, but they cannot demand emotional validation and other personal attitudes in public. They need to handle their own feelings like everyone else does it too.

It is completely crazy to me, the idea that I should keep paying attention to the feelings of people I don't even know up close personally. And that I should talk with consideration of their imaginary feelings.

Again, even if they were not imaginary, it is still not my business and not my problem as to what they are feeling. Just because trans people are in the minority, I don't need to handle their feelings with more care than other people's. If I knew a trans person personally then fine I'm glad to pay attention to their emotions if I'm on good enough and close enough terms with them, but if I don't even know them then no, it's not my responsibility or my business whatsoever.

They can just stop taking everything so personally, the ones that get upset over imagined slights.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81
    Why or how are they "sorely" in need of acceptance and emotional validation? Why make things so personal?
    They're sorely in need of it in the sense that it's what many of them deeply desire and fail to get. Whether they're entitled to such validation is a different question. In my opinion, no one is really entitled to validation. But it is good-natured, not to mention wise, to be well-disposed toward people who haven't done you any harm. And transgender people have never harmed me, at least not on account of their being transgender. If anything, they've been more accepting of me than a lot people. So I return the favor.

Just because trans people are in the minority, I don't need to handle their feelings with more care than other people's.
    I'm not suggesting that people in the minority require special treatment. What I'm suggesting, or trying to suggest, is that they should be treated like anyone else. My use of the word "validate" is to point out what J.K. Rowling might have done to make it clear that she isn't biased against transgender people. I didn't use it with the intention of suggesting that people are responsible for other's feelings. The only one responsible for your feelings is you.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    They're sorely in need of it in the sense that it's what many of them deeply desire and fail to get. Whether they're entitled to such validation is a different question. In my opinion, no one is really entitled to validation. But it is good-natured, not to mention wise, to be well-disposed toward people who haven't done you any harm. And transgender people have never harmed me, at least not on account of their being transgender. If anything, they've been more accepting of me than a lot people. So I return the favor.

I'm not suggesting that people in the minority require special treatment. What I'm suggesting, or trying to suggest, is that they should be treated like anyone else. My use of the word "validate" is to point out what J.K. Rowling might have done to make it clear that she isn't biased against transgender people. I didn't use it with the intention of suggesting that people are responsible for other's feelings. The only one responsible for your feelings is you.
    You know, entitlement is a great word for all that crap.

Also, even if I was trans (I'm not) I don't see why I should care if someone else says something that, if viewed in a negative enough light stemming from existing psychological-emotional issues of the viewer, can be seen as bias against transgender people.

No, I don't see why I would care to take it personally even if I was trans, since I don't even know the person.

And expecting a person to fix their wording "correctly" and in the "proper" way just because the person who "sounds like" they MIGHT have bias, sounds that way because the offended person has issues (and by "issues" I don't mean them being trans but just generic psychological-emotional issues)......no that is not about trying to get treated equally like anyone else. No, it's the offended person pushing their own issues on the other person who "seemed" to have the "bias".

I'm sick of this whole new fashion of needing to "validate" people's every single little feeling. The word "validation" is complete bullshit there. You are responsible for giving yourself validation first and foremost, no one else can be expected to give it to you. Anyone else giving you validation is just a bonus and doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things eventually.

So your first sentence - bolded by me, my answer to it is this exactly. Validate yourself first, don't expect others to do it for you just because you "sorely" "need" it. Then when you are no longer "sorely in need of it", you can enjoy it from other people too as a bonus. Until then nah. Until then it's just crappy entitlement and even if you get the "validation", your issues will not get fixed from it so you will constantly "need" more "validation" and get to feel more and more entitled to it. No, it can only be a bonus, not a need. End of story.

Addition:

But it is good-natured, not to mention wise, to be well-disposed toward people who haven't done you any harm.
    Sure, but my and other people's idea of well-disposed behaviour is different from such entitled people's idea on what it should be. So, this is where the devil's in the details even tho your line may sound reasonable at first sight/first read/on the surface.

It'd be an incredibly intrusive boundary violation to expect me to walk on eggshells and change my wordings of stuff and suppress my own self and my own expression/way of being just so entitled people can be satisfied.

I googled it again. I remembered, that she first talked about Dumbledored sexuality when asked by fans at a fan meeting (backstories, backstories, backstories :D). Later on she talked about his relationship with Gellert Grindelwald and the feelings Dumbledore had for him at that time (oooooh Dumbledores has lived and has been young too :o). I can only assume, that she didn't wanted to go down the Dumbledore is *+~°~+°gay°+~°~+° road. (speculation follows) I assume she wanted to be like Harry likes Ginny, Dumbledore liked Grindelwald. Harry straight and Dumbledore gay (so what). It's a relationship, that they had at one point in time towards someone (realtionships :D). Unfortunately Dumbledores uhm ended unhappy. I think that was her focus. From what I gathered on tumblr she starts to... lets say swim, when it comes to the sexual sense. Hach yah... in a perfect world.... Maybe I understood it from - Harry Potter the book about an orphan that lived under a staircase and one day suddenly realizes he has magic powers (ya a wizard Harry - sorry I had to) fighting the bad people (take that how you want).

(McGonagall had a sad backstory, too you know) :(
    (for all the emotional masochists)

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good natured and wise to not piss off people who have done you no harm, but it is also not good natured and unwise to "infer" peoples' opinions from vague statements and then make serious accusations against them (e.g., they are racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc.). That is my issue with the J.K. Rowling situation: people are demanding she respect them/transgendered individuals, but don't have the respect themselves to not infer her opinions of transgenderism as a topic from a vague tweet, and then, as punishment for holding an opinion she has never actually stated, she is "canceled" and pretty serious accusations are made against her (e.g., she is transphobic) or she is told she's a c-word, bitch, to go kill herself etc. And the people doing this actually feel justified and that they are doing the right thing, but then get confused as to why someone may not respect every demand them make of them to "validate" and "respect" them

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my mind I think that she is IEI now

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't seem Ne/Si valuer imo, more Se/Ni and Fe ego. So most likely EIE.

I doubt she is IEI as she doesn't seems as spontaneous/ optimistic/open as IEIs and she has an Exxj vibe.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still see her as EII.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast