View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself to be more physically attractive than the average person?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honestly, yes.

25 37.88%
  • No, I consider myself to be average (or, maybe a tad higher or lower).

28 42.42%
  • I am below average.

13 19.70%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do you consider yourself to be more physically attractive than the average person?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Doesn't contradict anything I said. She isn't attracted to him in a meaningful way and likely gets her needs met outside of her wholly pragmatic relationship
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-01-2017 at 03:37 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Generally speaking, I think I am average looking. I can look above or below average depending on how well I take care of myself and a woman's personal taste.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cassandra I know what you mean when you say these things and I think in some specific cases I would agree with you, but these are heavy stereotypes and most people in reality just don't work the cliché way. If a guy is fugly for me, I would never consider dating him.
    Like I definitely could see myself dating someone whom I wasn't suuuper attracted to in the beginning but with whom I had a good chemistry and everything else being pretty much good. But there are still many cases where I would never date someone, because they turn me off by their way of being or their looks. No matter if they are rich or not.
    Last edited by dot; 02-17-2020 at 01:31 PM.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The disadvantage of having lived in many different countries is that now i'm aware of attractiveness standards in all of these countries so i have to get an amalgamate so it would appear overall it takes a hit on my self-confidence on the other hand i can pick the ones that also reward my personality so the two can go together; all in all pretty darn average.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen the various "Average Faces" compilations? Physical attractiveness seems to mean being as close to average as possible, and in that case absolutely no one can be more physically attractive than hypothetical Mr. and Miss Average, only equal at best.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pop science magazine
    Most of us think that we are better than we actually are — not just physically, but in every way.
    That's because you kind of have to start out by believing that you're better in order to actually become better. That, or you have to be oblivious to where you are now, but that's nearly impossible in this day and age. It's fake-it-til-you-make-it really. Like if someone is an awful singer, and everyone tells them that they're awful, but they think they're good and they go take lessons from a professional instructor because that's what you ought to do if you're good, they could go on to be a Broadway singer or an opera singer or something. Or not, but if they never deluded themself at all, they'd have no chance of becoming any good.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Strictly speaking, you can both accept that you're not currently good at something AND believe that you can improve at that thing. That seems best to me.
    Reason is a whore.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. And honestly, I am a lot more comfortable that way- I don't want to be seen as attractive since that would make it all the more likely to have all the "crush" and "dating" mess (even the idea of someone finding me sexually attractive makes my stomach churn) and also, country I live in really isn't safe for attractive women by now.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 05-02-2017 at 06:12 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    LIE-ESI (I know you think she is SEE tho )
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay-Z isn't ugly... he ain't pretty but he isn't ugly.

As for me, I've been called "pretty" "cute" and "ugly" so average?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post
    I used the example of Jay-Z and Beyoncé because she is clearly much more physically attractive than he is, but she's still very much into him.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post

As for me, I've been called "pretty" "cute" and "ugly" so average?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm also pretty sure people largely define beauty based on themselves and that explains the poll results. I mean people tend to prefer their own race, cultural group, etc. barring other factors (such as being a weeaboo. Weeaboos are as old as time). So most people are probably above average by their own standards, but not when you combine the whole world's standards together.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beauty is so subjective... I dislike and do everything that is in my power to not be a beauty stereotype and I've never felt attracted to stereotypically good looking people. I think of myself as an above avarage, but never really good enough.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are things about me I would tweak, but I think I'm mostly average, possibly above average with some things but it's also dependent on someone else's (and my own) subjectivity. I think my personality is the biggest winner.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think behavior/demeanor/lifestyle matters much when it comes to attracting women. If you're hot, even the most pretentious Stacey will accept an invitation to watch harem anime with you in your parents' basement just for the opportunity to jump your bones.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Guy A is above average in looks. Has no "game", is incredibly boring, shy, submissive/doormat, has nothing worthwhile to say.
    Guy B is below average in looks. Is incredibly witty, driven, confident, passionate, smooth, has great "game".
    Guy C is average.

Now guess which guy will do the best with straight women.

It actually depends on how hot the woman is and whether she is looking for something short term or long term.

Guy A will make the best first impression, for as long as he doesn't open his mouth and doesn't have poor body language. Girls who are "cute" will flock to him like crazy (at first). Girls who are average or below will have sex with him without a second thought, especially if they meet him in a club environment or similar. No woman will be happy with him in a serious long-term relationship (unless she's significantly below average). The only kind of woman who'd date him long-term is gonna be rather dominant, she'll "wear the pants"; often times this kind of woman wants a guy to fit her image of a good-looking, successful couple – that's the kind of couple where the female is Internet-famous and posing with her hot bf everywhere on social media, but in private resents him and is annoyed by him constantly. The woman who dates this guy long-term or marries him can be hot or actually below average; either way, she'll have sort of masculinized personality traits and be more dominant than average.

Guy B will make the worst first impression, but once he opens his mouth and engages people he will be the most attractive in interactions. Girls who are "cute" or "hot" will overlook or ignore him at first. Girls who are below average will be attracted to him, but become insecure once it becomes apparent how confident and dominant he is. Girls who are "hot" will be confused and then intrigued by the fact their beauty doesn't faze him at all. This guy is the best long-term relationship material of those three guys. This guy is the one who will be dating very attractive women, and people ask themselves "What does she see in him?". The women are usually very devoted to this guy.

Guy C will have no set first impression; it will primarily depend on his outfit or mood that day. He'll attract below average, average, and some "cute" girls regularly; girls who are "hot" may be interested once in a while and "give him a chance", but they'll quickly discover that he's just average and not particularly interesting. He can more or less easily have sex with below average women; with average women it would maybe take a drink or two; with "cute" girls he'd have to put in some more work, like go on a date or more. Unless he works on his personality and/or status or finances, the "hot" chick will elude him.

All in all, the answer reveals that personality matters more when it comes to truly attracting and satisfying a "hot" straight woman for the long-term.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 05-05-2017 at 02:36 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't care about LTRs - I'm sx-last and extremely autistic/introverted so I have no desire for companionship. Those girls are with them for their money and withhold sex from them whenever they can. guy A hands down get the best, most enthusiastic sex out of women in their prime
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-05-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I agree with aspects of this. Tbh, I actually think that this kind of mindset is rather healthy if it's not overtly extreme. It's a good thing to view yourself highly (like appearance & intelligence) and helps with personal self worth and self-esteem, as opposed to being far on the opposite side of the spectrum like those who suffer from body dysmorphia.
    The guy with "body dysmorphia" is more likely to get life-improving plastic surgery
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-05-2017 at 07:35 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

he's a philistine who didn't do enough research

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

All those guys with body dysmorphia try to look like a Ken doll...

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly I hope looks do matter a lot then "game" because I am pretty much unable to get personal and seal deals in most circumstances because of how weird and unnatural it feels to me for whatever reason. It least with looks I feel like I can take a more straight-forward path towards improving them then I can with game and personality, plus my 6'5 height is a huge built-in perk when it comes to looks.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, most people (both men and women) would look healthy and attractive enough if they just took care of themselves. You reaaally don't need to look like a plastic doll to get laid.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kind of legit for women, who have the benefit of make-up and the whole "butterface" phenomenon, but not for men. Male physical attractiveness is mainly based on traits that you have to go under the knife to achieve if your genetics weren't kind to you. The typical cute girl is a bloated potato compared to the average good looking guy.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    eh, most people (both men and women) would look healthy and attractive enough if they just took care of themselves. You reaaally don't need to look like a plastic doll to get laid.
    ^ This.
    Haha.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you're average-looking/ugly, you should avoid looking like you put more than a perfunctory effort into your appearance. There's nothing more embarrassing than being dressed like a poor imitation of someone out of a GQ spread just to be upstaged by a handsome guy in a roomy patriots jersey and sweat pants
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-06-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

**Pays zero attention to it**

I prefer not to be part of it. I actually did my best as teenager to be as repulsive as I could without major trouble (people 'd point it out).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

suedehead, wide noses actually turn me on tho. you can do piggy and animalistic things with them.

jay Z is actually pretty hot to me. he looks animalistic and intimidating and barbaric and that's gonna obviously turn a lot of women/gay guys on. pure non feeling animalism to counter balance their emotionality. i mean im not crazy about him or anything in the slightest... but it's not hard at all to see what she'd see in him.

pure modelling looks are okay but there's so much more to it. it's just more of this forward 'i'm gonna spit on this right now because it's mine' attitude.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
    suedehead, wide noses actually turn me on tho. you can do piggy and animalistic things with them.

jay Z is actually pretty hot to me. he looks animalistic and intimidating and barbaric and that's gonna obviously turn a lot of women/gay guys on. pure non feeling animalism to counter balance their emotionality. i mean im not crazy about him or anything in the slightest... but it's not hard at all to see what she'd see in him.

pure modelling looks are okay but there's so much more to it. it's just more of this forward 'i'm gonna spit on this right now because it's mine' attitude.
    Yup, jay z actually is pretty hot. He shouldn't be in theory, but he is.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay-z looks like a claymation character.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've been told I'm average looking by my best guy friends before and my experiences seem to match up too. I think I've only gotten a "handsome" compliment twice before and both times were from male friends as well lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I've never had an issue with women as far as looks go, but I'm a dude so its also not considered as important.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Most people are at least a 7 out of 10, especially myself.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Most people are at least a 7 out of 10, especially myself.
    Got to the end of that last line. Wasn't what I expected.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum, I think my face is like a 7. I look a lot more tame / innocent than I actually am, and my voice is pretty soft. However there's a fire to my gaze. I guess my height and well defined muscle tone gives me some advantage if I am on the prowl for some tail.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider myself average personally. I think I am attractive in my own unique way. Well…no full stop I do think I’m attractive but not in a main stream way or objective view way. I think I’m attractive cause I’m me.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shedding light on the human figure is more of a task for artists than philosophers. Braving tempests and diverting blizzards is volt tackle soda pop pressing the stick of dizzy copies to run the table.

Basically, chaos control is how the shadow is sexy.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I’m too skinny and have weird facial proportions
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-09-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345