View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself to be more physically attractive than the average person?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honestly, yes.

25 37.88%
  • No, I consider myself to be average (or, maybe a tad higher or lower).

28 42.42%
  • I am below average.

13 19.70%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider yourself to be more physically attractive than the average person?

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Oh I think you are! I remember the pics of you in the other thread

Tall is probably 5'9 and up or something. I'm 5'10" and I consider myself tall but I know it's not THAT tall. I have a female cousin who's 6'2".
    Haha, thanks. I think I read somewhere that the average height of American women was around 5'4,'' and that always made me feel taller (I'm 5'8'').

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I objectively am more attractive than the average person.
    Proof required. Post pictures. I want to see what you look like.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this board must be Lake Wobegon or something... where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pair of heels that puts me at about 6'1..ha..that's a little too much for me though. I don't like when I'm taller than my bf or when i feel like i'm towering over someone.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I have a pair of heels that puts me at about 6'1..ha..that's a little too much for me though. I don't like when I'm taller than my bf or when i feel like i'm towering over someone.
    But I do kind of like it when I'm wearing heels at a party and talking to the very tallest people there, eye to eye.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider myself average, maybe a little bit below.

I'm not sure I'm good at objectively judging these things, though. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "handsome is as handsome does" etc.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Hm, how tall is tall?
    I really, really wish I was taller. I'm only 5'3" or 5'4" (I haven't checked in like a year or so) and I hate it. Taller seems more graceful and attractive to me. Even though I'm short, I always date guys way taller than me. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    I get a lot of compliments on my looks by older people (and by older, I guess I only mean one generation or so and up), and every guy I've ever "liked" has "liked" me back, but I honestly don't consider myself to be above average.
    Yeah, I find that I get more compliments from people older than me as well, but that may be because everyone always thinks I'm older—despite my height. I'm seventeen but I get treated like I'm in my twenties. Heh. One of my father's coworkers told me, "You've really grown up, but you look older than you should."

Egh. I wish I looked my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

I'm not sure I'm good at objectively judging these things, though. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "handsome is as handsome does" etc.
    I've only seen one picture of you, but I'd definitely say you're above average. Not that that really means everything—complimenting based on the average, that is. I just mean that you are very good-looking, as far as I remember.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

are you SURE you're not my mother? Because everything you say sounds exactly like her. (I love her, you know--she's great, so that's not a put-down in any way whatsoever)

When I was like 7 years old I had one of those autograph books and I would go around trying to get friends and family to write in it. So my mom wrote a page of course, and what did she write? "Remember, pretty is as pretty does."
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the more compliments from older people thing? I think that's because older people give more compliments. They admire the beauty of youth and are confident enough to hand them out without making themselves feel lesser.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to sticky the picture thread and put everyone's picture on the front page because i really can't remember what most people look like.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acually, I think most of this forum is above average. It surprised me, to tell you the truth! This is the only forum that I am involved with online, so I had no idea what all of you would end up looking like. Then I started seeing pics of different members and thought "wow, they are all so attractive!" heehee

ENFp as of today...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to sticky the picture thread and put everyone's picture on the front page because i really can't remember what most people look like.
    Yeah, I wish we had something like that. I forget what most people look like.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever type I am, I thought it was important that this forum know what I look like, so I have a picture of myself on my avatar all the time. I was confused why more members didn't do this at first, but then I realized just how differently others types function.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...who want's to start the official OFFICIAL picture thread?

Am I dreaming this or did we have an official one that was stickied at one time?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you're very pretty, macysmama!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Yeah, I wish we had something like that. I forget what most people look like.
    i can easily picture everyone in my head, from seeing their picture one time.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not me. I forget what people look like if i haven't seen them in a few weeks....well, i can remember but it's very hard and i have to strain.... a lot.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica129
    lol

I think I'm about average. I've been feeling kinda ugly lately though.
    lol, no jessica, you're hot

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Seems like we have a somewhat similar mindset.
    cool

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    It's not like girls look for pretty guys or anything, so what does it matter?
    Spoken like a true loser!

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    I think this is true. I feel much much better about myself when I'm the best I can be and I know I'm trying than when I let myself go, even though I might not be ugly compared to the rest of the population even when I'm fatter and doing nothing to help my appearance or posture, etc.
    +100

Putting in work builds much more self-esteem than just basking in natural traits.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    ...that it makes women more attractive? I put heels on and I get numbers, that's all I know.
    You can have mine

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    this board must be Lake Wobegon or something... where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average.
    LOL!!! You should have seen the old thread on this. Christ, everyone was a fucking supermodel.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    From the one pic I saw of you, I disagree, objectively speaking

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do, and have generally carried myself with that in mind, particularly when wearing nice clothes and suits and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Yes, I do. I've had this reaffirmed throughout my life by attractive females (the compliments of "handsomeness" from older women were odd at times). Thus I have always had standards which I arrogantly maintained.
    Same with the handsomeness compliments. I also developed high standards but in perhaps a different way than you. I tried to maintain more of that sleek, sharp, polished look as opposed to intense weight training as you've done. I work out some, but usually just for some tone. My ideal self image of attractiveness has been more of a look of sharpness, keenness, that I think mirrors the way I see myself ideally psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    I think the way one carries one's self is a result of knowing (not thinking) they are attractive. And this certainty of their attractiveness is not merely a concept, but a consistent reflection of themselves in the eyes of others -- specifically the opposite sex.
    I think this also has something to do with what kind of women (or opposite sex) a person thinks they can get, which reflects how you see yourself.

It's interesting though, in times where I was lacking self confidence in other areas, when I'd look in the mirror I'd seem less attractive than usual, and even end up wearing clothes that didn't bring out the ideal vibe as much. Also I've seen plenty of women who are facially symmetrical, have well proportioned bodies, but lacking in personality and intelligence that I haven't been attracted to at all.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...who want's to start the official OFFICIAL picture thread?
    Like posting the pictures at the front so its not 200+ pages long again?

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i can easily picture everyone in my head, from seeing their picture one time.
    I haven't seen most people's pictures. I just remember the people who were on camera in Stickam, or various people's from the Post Your Pics '08 Thread.

Most people know what I look like from my web cam, since I rarely post photos.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks strrrng

Like posting the pictures at the front so its not 200+ pages long again?
    yeah, and just keep updating the first page because really, that thread is just too painful to sift thru just to see a picture of someone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have rough memories of people's pics but I do think that this forum is above average on average heh.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, and just keep updating the first page because really, that thread is just too painful to sift thru just to see a picture of someone.
    http://the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22647

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really wish I was taller. I'm only 5'3" or 5'4" (I haven't checked in like a year or so) and I hate it. Taller seems more graceful and attractive to me. Even though I'm short, I always date guys way taller than me. Haha

Yeah, I find that I get more compliments from people older than me as well, but that may be because everyone always thinks I'm older—despite my height. I'm seventeen but I get treated like I'm in my twenties. Heh. One of my father's coworkers told me, "You've really grown up, but you look older than you should."

Egh. I wish I looked my age.
    I don't think that tallness = grace/attractiveness. There are lots of celebrities that I think are extremely attractive that are relatively short (e.g. Rachel Bilson).

Everyone thinks I'm older as well because I, too, look older than my age. I kind of like appearing older though, haha. Also, I spend my days with people in their 30-50s, so...

I only remember what a handful of people look like... people who post pictures often like bee or luis or jessica129.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Same with the handsomeness compliments. I also developed high standards but in perhaps a different way than you. I tried to maintain more of that sleek, sharp, polished look as opposed to intense weight training as you've done. I work out some, but usually just for some tone. My ideal self image of attractiveness has been more of a look of sharpness, keenness, that I think mirrors the way I see myself ideally psychology.
    I don't know about all the "sleek, polished" stuff. I wasn't trying to look like a body builder. I don't really put on mass, just get more lean. The "image" thing was more about perfection.

It's interesting though, in times where I was lacking self confidence in other areas, when I'd look in the mirror I'd seem less attractive than usual, and even end up wearing clothes that didn't bring out the ideal vibe as much. Also I've seen plenty of women who are facially symmetrical, have well proportioned bodies, but lacking in personality and intelligence that I haven't been attracted to at all.
    Yeah, I know what kind of girls you're talking about. They made up 90% of the popular crowd at my school lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no. I sometimes think i look more interesting than most of the people around me but that is because i go to university with a lot of farm boys who grew up on ranches and all of them kind of look the same, no offense to them. this is despite the fact that i am in no way an exotic looking person.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am content in the non-hideousness of my appearance. I dislike feeling like people are attracted to me merely due to my appearance, even though I don't want to be unapproachable.
    Once I'm infatuated on a person, I want *that* person to find me attractive, but otherwise my attitude is that I ain't tryin' to fuck everyone in the room, so why worry about looks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    I am content in the non-hideousness of my appearance. I dislike feeling like people are attracted to me merely due to my appearance, even though I don't want to be unapproachable.
    Once I'm infatuated on a person, I want *that* person to find me attractive, but otherwise my attitude is that I ain't tryin' to fuck everyone in the room, so why worry about looks?
    give your seed a chance.
    asd

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we did the photos again, I would only use it IF it was just photos and your name and your type. No comments, no 100's of pages of sifting just to find one added photo, etc. I would actually use it all the time and love it!

ENFp as of today...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    If we did the photos again, I would only use it IF it was just photos and your name and your type. No comments, no 100's of pages of sifting just to find one added photo, etc. I would actually use it all the time and love it!

ENFp as of today...
    I made a thread. I'll edit the photos, type, name, etc. into the first post and the rest of the thread can be just be comments or whatever.

http://the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22647

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    When I put the heels on, I get looks, but not numbers. I guess it probably depends on the person.
    When I put on heels, I get looks and numbers. It also depends on the person.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    When I put on heels, I get looks and numbers. It also depends on the person.

Note: Leslie has run for mayor of Austin on multiple occasions.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoken like a true loser!
    I think you are projecting here.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only seen one picture of you, but I'd definitely say you're above average. Not that that really means everything—complimenting based on the average, that is. I just mean that you are very good-looking, as far as I remember.
    From the one pic I saw of you, I disagree, objectively speaking
    Thanks, that's kind of you two to say.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    are you SURE you're not my mother? Because everything you say sounds exactly like her. (I love her, you know--she's great, so that's not a put-down in any way whatsoever)

When I was like 7 years old I had one of those autograph books and I would go around trying to get friends and family to write in it. So my mom wrote a page of course, and what did she write? "Remember, pretty is as pretty does."
    From what you've described of her, she seems like an overall nice person. So I don't mind the comparison.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-

Most days, I think I'm about average or maybe a little above. At the moment I am feeling a bit drab, though... winter blues, I guess. I care about my appearance and try to take care of myself, but I definitely think there are many more-important things to worry about.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I think you are projecting here.
    Facile accusations of projection is the best you can do, lol?

I said what I said because I thought it was funny how you were downplaying looks in the name of "charm and wit." Seemed like a copout.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-

Facile accusations of projection is the best you can do, lol?

I said what I said because I thought it was funny how you were downplaying looks in the name of "charm and wit." Seemed like a copout.
    Nah, LV doesn't need a copout

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm ok as far as looks go. I'm not always confident, and I can have low self self image, but sometimes I can be overly narcissistic, which isn't really good either...
    pffft... you are very pretty.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is some kind of masturbation

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, it's errr......great?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast