Thread: Different attitudes in meeting people

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I didn't realize he'd left?

I'm not really back though, seeing as how I never left. Just had stuff going on. And will continue to do have as much if not more stuff going on in the very near future (seeing as how my color has returned and I'm not feeling nauseated anymore).
    I don't think he left. He posted that great Star Trek trailer just the other day.

How did the move go? Are you feeling relatively settled in?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    wait, are you serious? Your old boyfriend is now dating your sister? Is that weird?
    My old husband, actually. I'm fine with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't think he left. He posted that great Star Trek trailer just the other day.

How did the move go? Are you feeling relatively settled in?
    Moving is always sorta stressful, but yes, we're pretty much settled in now. Just about everything that needed doing is done. Thanks for asking. (:
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think those descriptions are really good. I definitely act polite and reserved when meeting new people and usually do some sort of formal introduction. I try to act friendly but I just am not very good at dealing with new people so I end up being quiet. I am also repulsed by the alpha way lol. When people act like we are really good friends when we are not I find it extremely intrusive and creepy. I notice that ESFjs tend to do this a lot.

When I lose contact with a friend and then have contact with them again I kind of test to see if the friendship is still the same and if it is I pick up right where we left off. If not I revert back to polite and reserved.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy89 View Post
    I think those descriptions are really good. I definitely act polite and reserved when meeting new people and usually do some sort of formal introduction. I try to act friendly but I just am not very good at dealing with new people so I end up being quiet. I am also repulsed by the alpha way lol. When people act like we are really good friends when we are not I find it extremely intrusive and creepy. I notice that ESFjs tend to do this a lot.

When I lose contact with a friend and then have contact with them again I kind of test to see if the friendship is still the same and if it is I pick up right where we left off. If not I revert back to polite and reserved.
    yes they do! and I actually think it's really nice To each his own.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy89 View Post

I'm friends with this ESI/EIE couple ... and for a while, I thought the ESI had some sort of problem with me. There was such a stark difference btwn the way the EIE was sort of "all in" once he'd accepted me, and the reserve of the ESI. :-p But she seems to deepen our relationship all the time in a systematic way - like she's following a friendship manual. :-P I sort of feel like I've raced ahead, taking the shortcut ... and I'm standing here, watching her painstakingly take the correct path ... and I'm wondering why the steps are necessary when she'll eventually end up at the same spot as me anyway. Can't we just agree to pretend we followed the rules?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I'm friends with this ESI/EIE couple ... and for a while, I thought the ESI had some sort of problem with me. There was such a stark difference btwn the way the EIE was sort of "all in" once he'd accepted me, and the reserve of the ESI. :-p But she seems to deepen our relationship all the time in a systematic way - like she's following a friendship manual. :-P I sort of feel like I've raced ahead, taking the shortcut ... and I'm standing here, watching her painstakingly take the correct path ... and I'm wondering why the steps are necessary when she'll eventually end up at the same spot as me anyway. Can't we just agree to pretend we followed the rules?
    HA. I always take the shortcut with people I really like. that's funny.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ESI's I've known did, too.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they aren't ESIs.

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...