Quote Originally Posted by FDG
Quote Originally Posted by Joy
Quote Originally Posted by FDG
I don't know though, have you ever read the autobiographical novel "Martin Eden" from Jack London himself, the stereotype of ENTj? There's a very clear underlying disgust for everything you associate to Se.
I have not.

Did he express it similarly to the way Bill Hicks is expressing it, or was it an expression of disgust for people who spend their lives trying to gain power and prestige? To me, the stereotypical upper middle class mindset and people who care about money more than people are disgusting. Things that involve making lots of money by selling your soul to a corporation, politics, or organized crime are disgusting. Basically, Fe + Se is disgusting. When societal roles come into play, that's when I start getting irritated and expressing "a very clear underlying disgust for everything 'you' associate to Se".
Sure, Fe+Se. Just think about the movie Fight Club, which is the most Beta movie ever, that deals with exactly the opposite of everything you said here. Please, please, please do not spread false informations.
grrr I wasn't saying that only people who are like that are Beta or only Betas are like that

we can go into defining Fe and Se right here, or we could start another thread about it, or we could mutually agree that neither of us is trying to describe ALL that is alpha, beta, gamma, Se, Fe, etc.

But never mind. His disagreement was in regard to both sides of the issue. Btw, you should really read the novel. I know no writer easier and faster to read than Martin Eden: I very rarely read fiction, but his is always welcomed.
I'll keep that in mind. I have a rather long reading list atm though, so it'll be a while before I read any fiction

No, I don't think money is more important than people and I do think that people who care about prestige and looking wealthy are disgusting... but the specific way Bill Hicks talks about marketing is a totally different idea fthan the type of thing I can't stand.
Uhm I think I get what you mean, he kind of "demonizes" it more than it's actually necessary.
[/quote]

Yeah, sort of. It's the aspects of it that he's criticizing and the way he's criticizing them.