Thread: Difficulty understanding Quasi-Identical in writing

Hybrid View

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Ne subtypes are the hardest for me to read. The organization present in Fi and Ti subtype Ne-egos makes them much easier for me to follow. But, Ne subtypes like imo mune or tereg or jriddy or some others aren't easy for me to read. Heavy Ni subtypes can have that same effect actually. Like reyn can take some effort to understand, it feels less. . . anchored to anything I guess. I never have that issue with SEIs.
    That's very interesting to hear, because mune's, tereg's & jriddy's posts are some of the most enjoyable for me to read. I do have to make some effort to understand reyn's like you do, but I also find it worth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I can be rather long-winded.

Understatement of the year.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now as far as ENFj's go, I don't particularly have a problem understanding them with regards to written or spoken language. They are rather forthright and succinct in what they say which leaves little room for misinterpretation.

I suppose the misunderstanding is on a more... human level. I understand what it is that they do, maybe even why they do it. But I don't feel like I can connect with them in those regards. There's a human disconnect that seems to happen that I can't quite explain. So, I feel like I'm talking a different "language", that I can palpably sense when I'm not being understood (maybe with my motivations as an example) or that I'm not quite understanding them and their motivations.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on the INTp.. I think the Ni ones are harder for me to understand. I actually have trouble paying attention for a long period of time, and tend to skim posts from many people of many types. But in general, i think what hinders understanding for me is feeling that the climate of the conversation is not welcoming.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    That's very interesting to hear, because mune's, tereg's & jriddy's posts are some of the most enjoyable for me to read. I do have to make some effort to understand reyn's like you do, but I also find it worth the effort.
    i could have claimed ESL, but it's a little late for that. fwiw, in communication with others, i actually make an effort to use simple analogies to represent concepts. the idea is that, overall, the gist of the idea, no matter how complicated, will come across. if nothing else, what is important about expressing an idea is that the general relationships which are at work underneath the surface are brought to light. this way, it seems that whatever is universally able to be experienced can be grasped by each person and used as a tool for understanding something different. perhaps this style of communication and understanding is Ni, i don't know. i think the use of analogies confuses some people's thinking, whereas it clarifies my own. nonetheless, it may be better left inside.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    i could have claimed ESL, but it's a little late for that. fwiw, in communication with others, i actually make an effort to use simple analogies to represent concepts. the idea is that, overall, the gist of the idea, no matter how complicated, will come across. if nothing else, what is important about expressing an idea is that the general relationships which are at work underneath the surface are brought to light. this way, it seems that whatever is universally able to be experienced can be grasped by each person and used as a tool for understanding something different. perhaps this style of communication and understanding is Ni, i don't know. i think the use of analogies confuses some people's thinking, whereas it clarifies my own. nonetheless, it may be better left inside.
    Um, don't miss the part where I said it's worth the effort . Maybe I just haven't yet grown used to your writing style.
    I certainly don't want to discourage you from expressing your ideas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    Um, don't miss the part where I said it's worth the effort . Maybe I just haven't yet grown used to your writing style.
    I certainly don't want to discourage you from expressing your ideas!
    no need to encourage. i was not upset.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee