Thread: ENTp emotions

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTp emotions

I think that for me, amusement is the mask that many other emotions hide behind. Do any of you notice this as well?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know you well enough to say, Joy, but I certainly know other people who are like that. Passive aggressive SOBs, some of them...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, though I guess that could be true for alot of people ...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think this relates most strongly to those with weak

and I do not believe I am passive aggressive anymore
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if I understand you correctly, I'd have say no, I don't feel that way.

I've never actually been passive aggressive. I have too many in my family like it and was taught by their example how NOT to be. I am fairly assertive though...just not aggressive unless the situation requires it. Its not my choice though.

As for the amusement, there are all kinds of reasons I find things amusing and I'm sure other people probably feel the same way. I actually have a pretty good sense of humour...always laughing or smiling unless its ..ahem..that time. I enjoy most when I'm with someone who we can play back and forth with amusing comments. Probably the only thing I really detest rather than find amusing is when someone is making jokes at other's expense. Even if it is funny, its not nice and usually these people can't take their own medicine back.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, this thread has NOTHING to do with passive aggressiveness!!!

That said, I think for me I find irony or amusement in things that stand out to me, and I don't recognize that I'm sad or angry or scared or whatever. I often laugh or smile and no one has any idea why because it seems so random.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Passive Agressive Behaviour

I think I become passive aggressive when I strongly disagree, but don't feel like I have an option to bail out on something I've committed to publicly. I usually do some sarcasitic humor kind of show, but I don't know that people pick up that I'm angry. I'm trying to recognize when I do that and either just bail out regardless of commitment, or shut up and follow-through. The whole saracasm thing doesn't play too well in the team environment.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT BEING PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE! I DON'T CARE WHO'S TOO MUCH OF A LOSER TO SAY WHAT'S ON THEIR MIND AND HANDLE THEIR PROBLEMS. LOSERS OF ANY TYPE DO THAT.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've found myself laughing and acting all excited once at the deathbed of my former teacher and once in the funeral of a minister. no, my actions were not appropriate, but i think i wasn't quite sure how to act and at the same time, trying not to feel any thing i guess. i HATE death.

my extreme examples of your topic - hiding emotions behind amusement.

and yeah, i think many people tend to use amusement to hide emotions, but they're not as extreme as i.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

i notice it

all the time

all day everyday

constantly

but i dont do it i dont think, unless im in a detached mood

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT BEING PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE! I DON'T CARE WHO'S TOO MUCH OF A LOSER TO SAY WHAT'S ON THEIR MIND AND HANDLE THEIR PROBLEMS. LOSERS OF ANY TYPE DO THAT.
    Control issue??
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Control issue??
    I've been there, if it's a subject I want to talk about comes along, and then someone derails it, or is just so conceited that they influence it too much.

I've been on both sides of it, obviously.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People do what they're gonna do. Like it or not.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nervous laughter..there is amusement that horrifies me when it happens.

OK, well there is one person who can start me laughing uncontrollably with just the right look and that's my ENFJ sister. When I was getting married I glanced at her and she had that 'look'. That look of she is doing all she can to contain herself from laughing.

Well then I was no good. I could barely get my vows out I was laughiing so hard. I kept apologizing to the minister and the groom. I felt horrible but I couldn't stop. I was laughing so hard my back was shaking and tears were rolling down my cheeks. Most people thought I was crying and thought it was sweet thank goodness.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to get myself into a state where my only emotions are happiness, arousal and jealousy that makes me want to succeed.

And don't tell me arousal is not an emotion.
    ENTP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We measure yourself against others?
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full House
    I'm trying to get myself into a state where my only emotions are happiness, arousal and jealousy that makes me want to succeed.

And don't tell me arousal is not an emotion.

aren't there pills for those nowadays?

sorry, couldn't resist. wonder what's got into me today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    aren't there pills for those nowadays?
    Not for the last one, I suppose. Ambition pills? I could see that happening in America, though.

Anyways, it would be cool not to have any negative/inefficient emotions. A person who just reacts efficiently and lightheartedly to every situation.
    ENTP

I find my self laughing at random all the time. People think I'm crazy sometimes. They ask what I am laughing at, and I usually respond with "do you really want to know?" Usually something little will remind of something funny that I experienced, and obscure. Sometimes I find myself finding the humor in things that are to be taken seriously. I usually have to explain why find it humorous, so people do not think there is something wrong with me.

I dunno. I have a habit of pointing out the humor in everything, and looking at the brighter side. People that know me apperciate this quality in me as so they say.
    ILE