Thread: Thief series

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thief series

I know I posted threads about "personas famosas" here which nobody knew. However, I expected it in the most cases. But some people surely know the Thief games (Thief: The Dark Project, Thief: The Metal Age, Thief: Deadly Shadows). These games feature a very deep atmosphere and interesting characters. I'd like to hear your guesses about their types.

If you don't know about the games I'd highly recommend you take a look at it. Of course, the first two are old and the graphics won't bring your hardware to the limit, but it's (probably) one of the best games ever!

Okay, these are the most important characters (and groups) with my own guesses:

Garrett: SLI - quite sure about him, he's a loner, sarcastic, egoistic sensory due to his 'business', doesn't show much emotion (but is secretly interested in Victoria = hidden agenda), does well if plans suddenly change, adaptable

Victoria: maybe IEE (for dualizing reasons regarding Garrett) but she could also be EIE. NF seems right because she's one of the Pagans.

Artemus: sounds somewhat Delta, EII is my guess and I think it could wok.

The Trickster: Not sure about him, just a badass villain. LSE?

Karras: ILE - mad scientist type, brings advancement to the unprogressive Hammerites, also clearly extroverted

The Builder: - invisible god type, too little is know to type him, but I'd still like to hear guesses

Gamall: LII - had a masterplan which actually almost worked, cold and calculating, fools everyone (even the the Keepers! ) not really sure, though

The Hammerites: LSI, E1 (they smite people who not agree with them with hammers...)

The Pagans: IEE, E7 (Surprise surprise! The conflictors of the Hammerites... it would be a good answer but sometimes they appear to be sensors.)

The Keepers: LII, with a chance of ILI because of the , I guess I'm mixing up mbti and Socionics again, E5 (knowledge seeking, very organized, observers, book worms, 'invisible'

There are more characters, you can add them if you have an idea of their type or if you want them to be discussed.
    Last edited by Pa3s; 08-17-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody knows the games? Seriously, what are you playing all day long? Counter Strike, Call of Duty, WOW??
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I've heard of these games, and I think I wanted to play The Dark Project when I first heard of it, but I never got around to it.

Counter-Strike 1.5 was fun until everyone accused me of hacking.

Call of Duty fucking rules.

Never played WoW, probably never will.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    I've heard of these games, and I think I wanted to play The Dark Project when I first heard of it, but I never got around to it.
    I don't know if you are a gamer who doesn't care about the graphics, but if you are, you should try it.

Counter-Strike 1.5 was fun until everyone accused me of hacking.
    I played CSS, and I hated it. Too much dying and no fun.

Call of Duty fucking rules.
    Never played WoW, probably never will.
    Call of Duty 1, United Offensive and CoD 2 were great. But I didn't play everything after it due to major indifference. I hate to pay for the game and for the time played, (it's like a double loss) so it was Guild Wars for me.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    I don't know if you are a gamer who doesn't care about the graphics, but if you are, you should try it.
    Nah, I mean graphics are nice but not necessary. Shit, I bought a fully upgraded computer only to find out I bought it solely to play Microsoft Flight Sim X on full graphics. Everything else I really enjoyed playing was 5 to 15 years old! I downloaded SCUMMVM so I could play old LucasArts adventure games on a $2400 desktop!

I played CSS, and I hated it. Too much dying and no fun.
    TFC was way more fun. But I eventually got myself banned from my favorite 2fort-only server because they decided I was too good of a sniper and so I must be hacking.

Whatever, I have way more fun as a defensive engineer. . . mess with the bull, you get the motherfucking spanner across your busted ass face!

Call of Duty 1, United Offensive and CoD 2 were great. But I didn't play everything after it due to major indifference. I hate to pay for the game and for the time played, (it's like a double loss) so it was Guild Wars for me.
    I don't pay for games lol

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything else I really enjoyed playing was 5 to 15 years old!
    Haha, I know that! Dungeon Keeper 2, Thief, GTA 2, Diablo... really good games never get old.

I don't pay for games lol
    But that's... COMMUNISM!
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Haha, I know that! Dungeon Keeper 2, Thief, GTA 2, Diablo... really good games never get old.
    Fo' serious.

But that's... COMMUNISM!
    Psh. It's the furthest thing from. Intellectual property is the real thief.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the series. Played through 1 and 2 and I'm playing deadly shadows atm =D. I'm at the orphanage and I think it's the scariest shit ever!

Yes garret seems like a type to care little for authority, SLI is fine.
    The keepers are probably Alpha/Beta. Beta too because of the conflicts between Garret and the higher ups.

Hammerites: LSI guards with EIE or IEI priests.

DAMN! That sound of hammers in the cutscenes gives off an epic atmosphere.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psh. It's the furthest thing from. Intellectual property is the real thief.
    I know this idea, but I can't agree with it. It's a main issue the Pirate Parties deal with. I just say, thinking is work, too. And if nobody get's paid for thinking nobody will think again. But this discussion is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaris View Post
    I love the series. Played through 1 and 2 and I'm playing deadly shadows atm =D. I'm at the orphanage and I think it's the scariest shit ever!
    Yeah, it's really frightening. But because everyone said that, I was somewhat prepared and it wasn't so bad at the end. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Quaris View Post
    Yes garret seems like a type to care little for authority, SLI is fine.
    The keepers are probably Alpha/Beta. Beta too because of the conflicts between Garret and the higher ups.

Hammerites: LSI guards with EIE or IEI priests.

DAMN! That sound of hammers in the cutscenes gives off an epic atmosphere.
    I'd say EIE is a good guess for the priests. A rational type for them is more likely in my opinion, but they also appear intuitive.

Haha, I saved all the videos separately because they have such a high level of epicness.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    I tried to play 2 and 3 I think they were. But got bored, dunno, it was like I didn't catch the thread or something.
    In the same genre - let's say - I like Dark Messiah, Splinter Cell (forgot which version), Vampire 2, some older Delta Force.
    Well, it's not a mainstream game. You have to like the story and the setting to find it interesting and to be motivated to play it. Dark Messiah is nice, you can basically find your own style through the game. As Rogue, Mage or Warrior (or something in between).

My favorites, besides the ones above: Heroes 2 & 3, Diablo 2 LOD, Myth 2, Mount & Blade, Max Payne 1 & 2, Gothic 1 & 2, Morrowind.
    These last ones + Vampire 2 are special to me.
    If you mean Heroes of Might & Magic 2 and 3 I totally agree, these are my favourites of the series. Diablo 2 LOD and Max Payne are also brilliant. I didn't play Morrowind, but Oblivion instead, for countless hours.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely agree that Garrett is ISTp. Wasn't aware there were any other typable characters in the series.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I definitely agree that Garrett is ISTp. Wasn't aware there were any other typable characters in the series.
    I actually think this is one of the games in which you have many hints on the personalities of the characters and factions, even the NPCs. You can get much out of the cutscenes and the scrolls/books which can be found throughout the game.

Ah, Oblivion is more commercial, or something, I could not end the game, but I played it for some time. It feels too linear and predictable, alhtough the graphics are cool...
    Of course, but that was my first game of the Elder Scrolls series. I had nothing to compare. But you can be right. They probably made it more accessible and easier to understand for the players in order to sell more copies. I hope they don't do the same with Thief 4, that would probably waste the atmosphere and the game itself.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer