Default hey its my first post

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my observations

First let me say that I am without a doubt an INTP, and I've been studying socionics for a while...

Ni for me is not so much empty imaginings as it is comprehension of the whole. When I have an idea or have to solve a problem, I generally have a mental image or impression of every variable involved, as well as how they can or do fit together, and then I "follow logic," to pinpoint exactly what will work best. Ni is immeasurably hard to describe if you don't already use it because its just there, its just something that happens to you. I have visions, but its more than that, it applies to sounds and feelings and ideas as well, it all sort of bubbles up. I guess every type experiences its unshakable foundation this way. The auxilliary function is something that comes naturally, but it's sort of like a talent that can be honed. To any INTPs reading this I would strongly recommend developing your Te as much as possible... the Ni can't really be developed, though with the improvement of the Te it can certainly be explored very deeply.

Anyway, INTPs can be as practical in the real world as any type, because the real world is as much a logical system with rules and patterns as anything else. It's mind over matter.

Someone else noted how extraverted sensors are capable of viewing their body as a tool, which they are outside of.. Introverted intuitives are capable of "stepping outside" not just their bodies, but their minds, thoughts, and emotions as well, a sort of "god-trick." Usually we're described as inefectual dreamers, but with the help of the auxilliary function Ni can be a useful tool indeed...
    Its all about KNOWING who you are, what you're doing, and what you're capable of if you really set your mind to it.

Can anyone describe their functions as they experience them? This would be of great interest to me, and I have a lot more I could share just about my own observations of my mind and others'....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, welcome to the board, ayoforjager! It should be interesting having another INTp in here.

But for all intents and purposes, Transigent is actually an ENTp.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)