Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta ST Humor (ISTj & ESTp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahah the way to make me laugh...tell me about a story that one time you saw a fattie slip fall and roll down two or more sets of stairs
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FML!!! You HAVE TO hear this one out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite "Alone In The Universe"

But still cute:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAHAHA:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha most of them made me laugh out loud.... gotta love the estp spiritz

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotype humor in general is Beta ST.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

George Carlin - LSI sp-5w6

Brad Upton - LSI soc-3w2

Bert Kreischer - SLE-Ti sp-6w7

Louis SK - SLE-Se sp-7w6

Last edited by silke; 07-25-2020 at 06:11 PM. Reason: updated

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ;432650
    ... and what do you loathe? I ask because my dad, an LSI, does not get a lot of the same types of humor my mom, brother, and I [all Deltas] love... this is to be expected, I guess, but it has piqued my curiosity.

So, Beta STs [especially LSIs], what do you think of shows/movies like:
    - The Office*
    - Seinfeld
    - SNL
    - Family Guy
    - The Royal Tenenbaums*

*Especially these two
    The Office is what makes me laugh (the most) out of all of these. Havent seen The Royal Tenenbaums. SNL the least probably.
    Some Friends episodes are funny af. Anthony Jeselnik is funny.
    Last edited by maniac; 05-09-2016 at 09:43 AM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

god what lame shit.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I find The Office unfunny. Except maybe the character Shrutt. Its actually boring. Awkward'ness' situational humour is the trend right now.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seinfeld is very alpha. It is probably bit too homebody and for lack of better word no meaning or struggle but in general OK for beta taste. I would like to hear gamma perspective on that particular masterpiece.

How about supernatural stuff?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have tons of beta humor. I will post when I get home
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark clever layered jokes.

Tosh > Gaffigan
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hey, I started this thread *memories*

To answer my own question, almost 8 years later, Betas I know like dark humor, and things like Tosh.O. There was also one comedian in particular an SLE I know likes, but I can't recall the name at the moment.

I don't hang out w many Betas these days, though, so I guess I may be pretty out of touch... the ones I do keep up w are usually talking about their big life plans and ambitions, hardcore fitness routines, etc. rather than comedy preferences.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why were the two nuns hanging out?

To make sure one gets NONE.

HAHA!

ok bye.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love: Louis CK, Bill Burr, George Carlin, Sam Kinison, Dave Chapelle. Shows I watch are Silicon Valley, Family Guy, F is For Family
    Hate: Jeff Dunham, Dane Cook, Tosh, Melissa Mcarthy, the redneck comedians
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    Love: Louis CK, Bill Burr, George Carlin, Sam Kinison, Dave Chapelle. Shows I watch are Silicon Valley, Family Guy, F is For Family
    Interesting. I actually like guys from both your Love and Hate list: Louis CK and George Carlin, but also Dane Cook.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dane Cook is the worst . Even worse then Adam Sandler and that says a lot.

I enjoy different kinds of humour, anything from Always Sunny to some cutesy Ne/Si things. What I don't like is old-school British humour (too affected, hyperbolic and goofy), toilet humour, anything trailer trash or ghetto, unless it's satire. Dark, sarcastic and mean is my fave.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    What I don't like is old-school British humour (too affected, hyperbolic and goofy), toilet humour, anything trailer trash or ghetto, unless it's satire. Dark, sarcastic and mean is my fave.
    The things you listed that you don't like are my favourite, I think. My own sense of humour is either really dry or really absurd or just well-timed roasting of people which can be interpreted as bitchy.

Ratchet things get me in a good mood quickly. Not a comedian per se but I like Jeffree Star's comments lol he's IEI

[Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    The things you listed that you don't like are my favourite, I think. My own sense of humour is either really dry or really absurd or just well-timed roasting of people which can be interpreted as bitchy.

Ratchet things get me in a good mood quickly. Not a comedian per se but I like Jeffree Star's comments lol he's IEI
    But....I like him. That's not what I had in mind when I said white trash/ghetto. I meant as in humour aimed at dumb rednecks or for example Tyler Perry movies. I don't mind trashiness in itself at all.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

not IEI lol

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    not IEI lol
    Is too!
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

not IEI lol
    I don't see it either. This person seems ep or maybe ej. I found some interesting information on how to determine temperaments here:

http://personalitycafe.com/socionics...mperament.html
    Ej - Taking Action (Affecting a situation or things)
    Ip - Observing Effects
    Ep - Engaging Things
    Ij - Establishing Order
    Ip - The world around us drifts in a sort of ebb and flow. I observe the ripples that things cause, watching all of the little tiny interactions as well as all of the major, dominating interactions that affect everything around them. Actions spark reactions. There is a certain fluidity to the way the world slowly slides forward, a cascading stream of events leading into more events, and thus slowly changing the environment around them, evolving to the effect produced by those events and actions. I am the one who watches these ripples where others simply pass them by. I can see everything, yet through this observation I lend myself short on participating to create ripples myself. No, I am content and satisfied to merely watch and enjoy the show unfolding before me, so that I may always be taking note of everything happening before me.

Sub-Categories:

Si - The world around us resonates with energy. Objects affect each other and those observing them; they speak their nature to us. A painting, for instance, can resonate with a certain melancholy from its deep, blackened shades of blue, and create a feeling of wishful reflection upon its viewers. There is an experience to be captured from all things, something that activates a deeper feeling from its qualities, whether it be the crisp air in dark, forested pines, or the scorching hot sands on an equatorial beach. The world around us gives us impressions that convey a deeper experience. People affect each other as well. Some people simply annoy us, others cause us anxiety just by making their presence known, and still others even make our heartbeats elevate joyfully from the mere thought of them. Everything leaves something with every other thing, an impression upon the very soul of an object or person, that can stay with them forever.

Ni - The world around is mysterious and all-connected. Every action has an almost invisible, intangible effect to a situation that could turn the tides of an expected outcome. A butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil, displacing seemingly unimportant water molecules, can cause a monsoon in India without even being aware of the land's existence, nor a world outside of which it has personally traveled. I can focus in on the rhythms of things, the invisible mechanisms on which things operate, their tendencies. I can establish a baseline for how something acts, and envision how it will act in response to a certain stimulus that it, perhaps, has never interacted with before. I can place things in situations and be able to derive what will happen merely because I am able to easily perceive how things affect each other. People, too, have their rhythms as well. I can understand a person from their reactions to certain things, understanding how they think and how they feel based on how they act in situations they are either familiar with or are unfamiliar with. I see the grander scale. I see the world develop before me, and I orient myself passively to slide into the more favorable course in the streaming river of cascading events.
    Temperament in helping to type oneself:

The Life-Rhythms or Styles of the Temperaments, Part 1: Extroverted Temperaments -

Ej - I must be affecting something. I must be participating in something, actively striving to mold it into what it needs to be. I am the one who will influence how the situation is going. I must be making a direct difference all the time. I am the sum of my deeds and accomplishments.

Sub-Categories:

Fe - I must be influencing people all the time. I am a bad person if I am not affecting people in some way, and I am good at doing so. I must be involved with the people around me, actively taking an interest in the things they do (regardless of whether or not I myself would be personally interested), and tracking their emotional state so that I may help them in the area of emotions if they so need it. I am the sum of the people I help, associate with, and are friends with.

Te - I must be affecting the way things are run all the time. I am a bad person if I am not making things run smoother and more efficient than they already are. I must be creating change in the way we do business and the way we run things. There is always more work to be done that can propel perhaps me and even maybe my associates to a higher level or higher standard of influence in the world. I am the sum of my accomplishments, the things I've changed for the better, and the work I produce.
    Ep - I must be engaging everything around me, allowing things to reach their maximum power or potential. I deal in excesses and strict jumps from one position to the next in a sort of hurried frenzy. I must act on whatever shows the most promise at the time, as not doing so will ruin an opportunity. Opportunities are very important to me, as who knows what interesting, intricate paths they'll lead me to? A wasted opportunity is wasted experience, and without taking chances and risks for those opportunities, society as a whole will simply stagnate and remain motionless, with no activity.

Sub-Categories:

Se - I must always be engaged in the physical world around me. Alert. Ready. Tense enough to react to whatever information will come at me next. I am quick to pounce on any opportunity in the immediate environment, and can sense weakness and strength well enough to know when to strike. What I want, I take (More -Se), and what I can't have and yet still want, I will fight for. I will not back down from a challenge; I will rise up to the occasion and perform to the best of my abilities, regardless of the sheer physical or psychological pain that attempt to sideline me. Whatever looks best in the moment is the route I take.

Ne - I must always be ready to realize the potential in everything around me to become something more than it already is. People are always too focused on the material, but what they don't realize is the power in ideas. Ideas reign over the land, and those with the most ideas is the one with the most power and potential. I look and see the people around me, either achieving their inner potential to perform and create, or wasting themselves away when they could be tapping into that raw, unbridled potential that lurks deep within them. I will not let myself waste away, I will always remain focused on my own potential to achieve whatever I want, and it will not be low if I cannot help it. And if I can, I will seek to help others realize their own potential so that they, too, can do whatever it is they want in life. What I want, I will achieve, out of sheer mental power and drive.

[Note, the impulsiveness of the Ep temperament leads them to muster the power to achieve what they want, but not what they necessarily must do. If they do not find it interesting, or do not find it challenging, it is not worth their time or effort.]

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Is too!
    It's okay. SLE and IEI dont like eachother anyway. http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ypes_by_Tsypin

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's okay. SLE and IEI dont like eachother anyway. http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ypes_by_Tsypin
    I have seen this before.

My own experience contradicts several points of this article. I always like IEIs when I meet them.

It's alright. We can agree to disagree on a typing.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Married with children?

I think it is Beta rational humour.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lickity lickity

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll post here when I get home
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find this humorous:

Also whenever I've taken the 3 Variable Funny Test on Okcupid, I get the Idiot Savant as my result.

the Idiot Savant

your humor style:
    VULGAR | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

You like things silly, immediate, and, above all, outrageous. Ixne on the subtle word play, more testicles on fire, please. People like you are the most likely to RECEIVE internet forwards--and also the most likely to save them in a special folder entitled 'HOLY SHIT'.

Because it's so easily appreciated, and often wacky and physical, your sense of humor never ceases to amuse your friends. Most realize that there's a sly intelligence and a knowing wink to your tastes. Your sense of humor could be called 'anti-pretentious'--but paradoxically enough, that indicates you're smarter than most.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Johnny Knoxville - Jimmy Kimmel

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    I had to google Jeff Dunham. That is the worst standup I've ever seen.

Comedians

Hate Tosh.0, Jeff Dunham

People find this funny?
    Dane Cook, David Spade, Amy Schumer, " identity/stereotype comedians" (Redneck/Black/Mexican/Asian/Indian/Jew/Woman/Gay/Old/Fat) ie Carlos Mencia, Sarah Silverman, Jeff Foxworthy, Steve Harvey etc. That shit is interesting once, and then its just painfully boring.

Meh
    John Mulaney, Aziz Ansari, Maria Bamford, Eric Andre, Joe Rogan

McDonalds of Comedy
    Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Kevin Hart

Hilarious
    Robin Williams, Jim Carey, Jamie Foxx, Donald Glover, Tig Notaro, Hannibal Buress

My Sides Hurt
    George Carlin, Doug Stanhope, Charlie Murphy, Louis C. K.

I Can't Breathe
    Patrice O'Neal, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Eddie Izzard, Bill Burr

Shows

Hate Jackass, Tom Green, Sasha Baron Cohen, Tosh.0
    Weak SNL, nearly all late night TV, nearly all sitcoms
    Safe Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, Seinfeld
    Clever but eh Comedy Central (Stewart, Colbert, Noah), John Oliver, The Office, Parks & Rec, Monty Python, Rick & Morty, South Park, Bojack Horseman, Archer, The Venture Bros.
    Highs but inconsistent Community, Key & Peele, Mad TV, In Living Color
    Stand-Up Level Funny Chappelle Show

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao I remember the one time an IEE thought to entertain me by putting on Jeff Dunham. Didn't take even 5 minutes for me to close the TV in rage.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What type is Jeff Dunham? I know a guy who is a lot like him. He's a nice guy, but we are not close.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What type is Jeff Dunham? I know a guy who is a lot like him. He's a nice guy, but we are not close.
    He's either ILE or SEE. I'm unsure because I believe he has microexpressions of both.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louis C.K. and Chappelle are certainly my favorites. Bill Burr is up there, too as someone I get.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't sit through him enough to type. He's even like that in candid videos. I really tried to answer this for you, but the repulsion is visceral. I can't narrow it down beyond Alpha/Delta extrovert.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Russell Peters - SLE-Se soc-7w8

Joe Rogan - SLE-Se soc-9w1

Henry Rollins - SLE-Se soc-6w5

Hal Sparks - SLE-Se soc-6

Last edited by silke; 07-25-2020 at 06:11 PM. Reason: updated

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESE with SLI subtype. This humor is way out there in the Si/Ne realm. He's obviously got a talent, but his exaggerated goofiness carries virtually no Se/Ni appeal.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure of my type and I don't watch much TV, but I'm very fond of Sarah Silverman, Howard Stern, Chris Rock, and Dave Chapelle; they all tend to warm my heart, especially Sarah Silverman. George Carlin was pretty good. The Cable Guy is one of my favorite movies (some visual aspects of it look pretty bad but overall it's a great movie). I often enjoy dark humor. I love sexual and toilet (fart, shit, ass, dick, other bodily fluid and other private parts) humor when it's done elegantly (visual and verbal styles look and sound good, they don't look terrible) and especially when a female is doing it elegantly. I enjoy "racist" humor when it's done well; Chris Rock seemed to do a good job with it in his black people vs ******.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually enjoy over the top crass humor and biting satire that makes fun of the status quo and the culture of descent we have getting into over the last two decades. To me it is more impressionable a guy making fun of Taylor Swift Billie elish of the worlds and questioning mainstream political beliefs than a clown in a late night show.

I also enjoy cringe humor and stuff like very awkward settings in where you are not supposed to laugh like that Louis Theroux documentary about autism

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast