Thread: Ni Dominance

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni Dominance

I figure if we do all the functions like this, we can get a perspective on all the functions that will allow someone to write detailed descriptions that would potentially apply to everyone (at least in terms of dominant functions; maybe next we can do something similar for secondaries).

Just write a few sentences or paragraphs on how you perceive Ni as a dominant function.

I'd kick this one off too, but I'm not Ni dominant so let's see what you INxPs can do for us.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Theres been a thread like this. I could type something up, but it would take me a while, and Id rather finish all the work I have for school first.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of everything you fight against, gilligan, then try and see how your own values differ from those you fight against. That is Ni.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Think of everything you fight against, gilligan, then try and see how your own values differ from those you fight against. That is Ni.
    Woah! That is a good way to put it ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    I thought that would be ISFj, that's the way I feel.
    That's also true. But if I may make my point more precise, Contrary partners are running towards the same point, but from completely opposite directions. Conflicting partners are just in completely different worlds, not necessarily fighting against one another.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

Wow, that's good. How do you do that? Its so concise.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    The reason it sounds concise is because that is how the 1st and 7th functions manifest themselves together. You can say almost virtually the same thing for all introverted 1st functions with just a little rewording.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    The reason it sounds concise is because that is how the 1st and 7th functions manifest themselves together. You can say almost virtually the same thing for all introverted 1st functions with just a little rewording.
    I meant in terms of language manipulation, it just astounded me. I can't write

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    I thought that would be ISFj, that's the way I feel.
    That's also true. But if I may make my point more precise, Contrary partners are running towards the same point, but from completely opposite directions. Conflicting partners are just in completely different worlds, not necessarily fighting against one another.
    that makes sense about the contrary and conflicting relations. I think so as well that the contrary relations are actually more conflicting than the conflicting relations itself, because of constant clashing of the functions of opposite "colour", for example INTj + and ENTj + The conflicting relations are conflicting because they practically have no business with one another (totally different values), for example

EDIT oops I've just contradicted myself , but I do believe contrary sucks

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with ILENTp on this one. When I think this way, I see myself being against conformity and the willingness to blend in. The values of those who are FOR those things would be hard work (as opposed to raw ability) and the use of a value system that forces them to submit to mediocrity (as opposed to autonomous thought). I can see a value for belief systems in Ni, but I don't necessarily see submission (outside of the stereotypical INFp masochism, but I don't think that rings true for all Ni types...).

Is Ni really just about forming a system of belief and sticking to it? If so, I DEFINITELY find myself opposed to that. I don't like signing on to ANYTHING that limits my thoughts or tries to hold me back, whether it be restraining my intellectual, influential, or cognitive capabilities.

I can see Ni definitely being tied strongly to a value system. EVERY other person in my immediate family (Mother: ENTj; Father: INFp; Sister: ENFj; Brother-in-law: INTp) has Ni as their dominant perceiving function, and they all tie themselves to one belief system or another, whereas I find myself constantly moving from one to the next, always switching around the pieces and mixing things up.

However, what I'm looking for is more along the lines of how Ni works as a cognitive process; for example, how it takes in and processes information. I can't imagine that every aspect of Ni can be attributed to a value system (regardless of it's tendency to adhere to one).

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not good at it, but I can use it a bit. is predictions and mysticism. It really is. types get predictions in sleep or they just show it self in their mind- INP is somwhere and it gets the hunch. They feel something toward the future. ''I'm afraid, my body is afraid, something bad will happen. '' Or:'' I'm feeling my self happy. Something good is happening with me tonight.'' Also the feeling of vaiting:'' Something is happening. I don't know whot it is, but I'm going with my life into somewhere and it will surprise me well.'' Those examples are how I can use my . It's not much. also helps to read all sort of signs, like dreams, but I might be wrong though I'm very sure that INPs like mystical and unexplained phenomenon.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the socionical niche is in the realm of psychic predictions.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male21
    I'm not good at it, but I can use it a bit. is predictions and mysticism. It really is. types get predictions in sleep or they just show it self in their mind- INP is somwhere and it gets the hunch. They feel something toward the future. ''I'm afraid, my body is afraid, something bad will happen. '' Or:'' I'm feeling my self happy. Something good is happening with me tonight.'' Also the feeling of vaiting:'' Something is happening. I don't know whot it is, but I'm going with my life into somewhere and it will surprise me well.'' Those examples are how I can use my . It's not much. also helps to read all sort of signs, like dreams, but I might be wrong though I'm very sure that INPs like mystical and unexplained phenomenon.
    I think Miss Cleo is INTp.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this I have a strong because I can also sense when it will happen. I can sense there will be something strong in the afternoon. And I'm never wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case you missed what I wrote before because it wasn't big enough,

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I don't think the socionical niche is in the realm of psychic predictions.
    Shheeeaasshhh... you people can't be serious. Having "psychic intuitions" is not the same thing as having "Intuition" in socionics terms.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky wouldn't notice sarcasm if it fucked him in the ass with a four foot penis.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if he were actually responding to your post.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but according to what I saw, there were only two people that posted between his initial message and the reaffirmation of his obvious statement. By using plural you people, he was referring to at least two people. Seeing as there were only two people to refer to, and I'm one of them, I assumed he was replying to me.

Fair enough, smartass?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also male21.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hooray for CLOSE READING. Look again.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are three people that he could be referencing to, because three people stated something to do with "psychic predictions". I don't see where he directly implied that he was responding to specifically you and snegledmaca.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, but the only people who replied after he made his original post about Ni not being psychic were sneg and I. Therefore, if he's repeating it, he's not going to be referring to someone who hasn't restated their opinion contrary to his, now is he? That would be called redundancy. Either way, Rocky is a tool.

And how about we stop hijacking this thread.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been here for almost a year, so I guess I picked up on the right stuff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. It's all correct.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-

Perhaps types are sometimes drawn to mysticism but hunches and predictions aren't Ni...

follows the passing of time, but not the time you are physically in. If you predict the future it's because your mind has explored the future. You live in two time frames at once - the one you are physically in and the one you are thinking in.

When I get home my mind isn't at my front door - it's in my room or in the bathroom or on the computer, it inhabits the space that's ahead of where I am.

Alternatively my mind might still be on the bus, or sitting in my last lecture.

Sometimes I get a "hunch", but my hunches tend to be very specific because I've been there, not because it came to me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps types are sometimes drawn to mysticism but hunches and predictions aren't Ni...

follows the passing of time, but not the time you are physically in. If you predict the future it's because your mind has explored the future. You live in two time frames at once - the one you are physically in and the one you are thinking in.

When I get home my mind isn't at my front door - it's in my room or in the bathroom or on the computer, it inhabits the space that's ahead of where I am.

Alternatively my mind might still be on the bus, or sitting in my last lecture.

Sometimes I get a "hunch", but my hunches tend to be very specific because I've been there, not because it came to me.
    This helps a lot, actually. I like this view of it; I can see this in myself as a strong point that I don't really use consciously.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

Perhaps I should add that my thinking ahead or behind myself is the reason that I'm disconnected with everybody else's time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm sort of thrilled that this is correct.

then why the hell do people keep talking about these awesome longterm relationships they've had with contraries?
    Either:

1) They have their types wrong.
    2) There is a lack of a certain environment required for the activation of the contrariness of the Contrary relation, like how my sister and her boyfriend are Conflicting types, yet they get along extremely well, because the environment cannot support their true motives.
    3) According to my new theory, certain Contrary relations are actually of Duality caliber. For example, it is theorized that the dual to an INFp is actually ENFp and not ESTp.

Creepy-

According to my new theory, certain Contrary relations are actually of Duality caliber. For example, it is theorized that the dual to an INFp is actually ENFp and not ESTp.
    I can relate and testify to that fact, Cone. Please, continue with your theory as to why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think of as "directed" in this way per se. can you elaborate?

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had the decisive breakthrough last night, so it may be a while before I have something to write up. But for now, forget everything you've ever known about Socionics, except for Jung's objective/subjective bias. Basically, this theory describes the manipulation of these biases to make a goal-directed decision in a completely ambiguous environment (where one is free to make any decision possible.) I call it "Sociotics" (I know, bad rip-off) because it encompasses the theories of social interaction and information metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i don't think of as "directed" in this way per se. can you elaborate?
    Who exactly said that?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm sort of thrilled that this is correct.

then why the hell do people keep talking about these awesome longterm relationships they've had with contraries?
    Either:

1) They have their types wrong.
    2) There is a lack of a certain environment required for the activation of the contrariness of the Contrary relation, like how my sister and her boyfriend are Conflicting types, yet they get along extremely well, because the environment cannot support their true motives.
    3) According to my new theory, certain Contrary relations are actually of Duality caliber. For example, it is theorized that the dual to an INFp is actually ENFp and not ESTp.
    This seems problematic. Are you sure of your sister and her bf's types?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sdf
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grand Old Man

I just had the decisive breakthrough last night, so it may be a while before I have something to write up. But for now, forget everything you've ever known about Socionics, except for Jung's objective/subjective bias. Basically, this theory describes the manipulation of these biases to make a goal-directed decision in a completely ambiguous environment (where one is free to make any decision possible.) I call it "Sociotics" (I know, bad rip-off) because it encompasses the theories of social interaction and information metabolism.

Bump

@ Cone
    Have you made any progress?

I think there is something to this theory. There are aspects to ENFJs I greatly appreciate. The incomparable manipulative skills combined with a certain submissive streak, for starters.

In any case, contrary and conflicting are not nearly as bad as standard socionics claims - after all I even thought ESTP could be my dual.

PS I want Caudillag back!
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast