Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ni Dominance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone: According to my new theory, certain Contrary relations are actually of Duality caliber. For example, it is theorized that the dual to an INFp is actually ENFp and not ESTp.
    Could you explain further? Many different ideas of what types go well with each other exist. However, saying that two types might do well together isn't the same thing as the more specific concept in Socionics of "duality."

[EDIT...oops...the rest of this post was based on thinking that you said "conflicting," not "contrary." Anyhow, in my experience, contrary relationships are often very good ones....I'll just delete the rest for now so it doesn't confuse the discussion.]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question

@ Cone
    Why is it that INFJs and ENFJs can get along pretty well, but when you put an INTP and an ENTP together you have a surefire recipe for disaster - or so it seems to me... Or more generally perhaps the NF and ST contrary relations may work better than NT and SF contraries. Why is this the case, please explain. :wink:
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Creepy-

Default Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    @ Cone
    Why is it that INFJs and ENFJs can get along pretty well, but when you put an INTP and an ENTP together you have a surefire recipe for disaster - or so it seems to me... Or more generally perhaps the NF and ST contrary relations may work better than NT and SF contraries. Why is this the case, please explain. :wink:
    Because NFs are nice people!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but when you put an INTP and an ENTP together you have a surefire recipe for disaster
    Could you elaborate?

A lot of people think from the way I talk, look, and describe myself, that I'm INTp. And I seem to get along well with people I think are ENTp.

I'd certainly be interested if you could describe a meeting of an INTp and ENTp. Stories...that's something very lacking in most Socionics sites...just something to describe what it would look like. What sort of interaction do you see taking place...not theoretically, but an example?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(And please don't cite the interaction between me and Transigent as your example...something from your own experience, if you would. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Cone
    Hmm. I knew two people who were INTP and ENTP who were very good friends. Maybe it just depends on the people involved...?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Cone
    I'm INTp, and one of my closest friends is an ENTp. (I'm sure of our types.) I agree with kopernikus that it probably just depends on the people involved.
    NiTe | Socionix

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sorry:(

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Could you elaborate?

A lot of people think from the way I talk, look, and describe myself, that I'm INTp. And I seem to get along well with people I think are ENTp.

I'd certainly be interested if you could describe a meeting of an INTp and ENTp. Stories...that's something very lacking in most Socionics sites...just something to describe what it would look like. What sort of interaction do you see taking place...not theoretically, but an example?
    Sorry, I was mainly hoping to see if there are patterns beyond the anecdotal evidence I seem to have observed... There are always people who get along and others who do not, and partly the stories would hit too close home, so I will not give you any juicy tales. Of course it could be that you are INTj Jonathan, but sometimes it is better to stop this typeguessing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    (And please don't cite the interaction between me and Transigent as your example...something from your own experience, if you would. )
    No, I never refer to online interaction. I cannot know if you have typed yourself correctly, much of the intertype dynamic could possibly not happen online and people's perceptions and opinions of every type influence the interaction too heavily anyway. If you divide people into types, quadras etc. of course you are going to see them emerge. The "Gamma Lesbians" is not an example of the quadra dynamics in action. :wink: And as for Transigent - I still have a hard time seeing him as an ENTp...
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12