View Poll Results: What personality am I?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

6 85.71%
  • ISFP

1 14.29%
  • INFP

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%

Thread: What am I? Where am I from? Am I from Earth?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default What am I? Where am I from? Am I from Earth?

Removed.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you be infp? Have you read that description?
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or INFJ?

Have you already read some descriptions of the functions? In case you haven't, Hugo has some here. It might be helpful if you find out whether Ne or Ni / Fe or Fi rings true for you.

A useful description of extraversion and introversion is this one. It's much more comprehensive than other descriptions, so perhaps it's of help.

If you've managed to narrow it down to two types, then a thing that could help you determine what type you are is this: read the descriptions of the different relationships between types. I'm rather reserved as well, and I've wondered whether I'm an INFj or ENFp, but my relationships to others are that of an ENFp. My ISFp husband is my semi-dual, no doubt about that.

My own take on things is that I'm not very extraverted, just enough so I qualify as an ENFp. When it comes to my first two functions, they're definitely Ne and Fi. So I've got to be either NeFi (=ENFp) or FiNe (=INFj). But my preference isn't really all that strong; so it's not like I totally prefer Ne and have a comparatively weak Fi (those who do are the whackier and more sociable ENFps). With me, it's more of a balance between Ne and Fi, but again, with just enough preference for Ne to tilt the scales towards ENFp.

Gosh, sorry for being so wordy... I've got to tackle a tricky translation, and I'm procrastinating.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you mean the typelogic ENFP profile?

If so, you may well be an INFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-

Have you taken the Socionics Type Assistant? Have you read through all the (Socionics) type descriptions? Even if you're still unsure about your type, your reactions to other types might give you a clue.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Removed.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like INFp, but that's just an impression.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Sounds like INFp, but that's just an impression.
    Yeah, I've always had a problem with seeing myself as extraverted because I've always been shy my entire life. I tend to act like an ENFP sometimes, though in public I am very much to myself and I feel comfortable like this. I love doing introverted activities just as much as extraverted activities. I can open up at parties, but only after a while when I get comfortable and then I'm not longer shy. It's like I have an introverted/extraverted switch, it's pretty confusing, maybe I'm balanced with both. When I do turn on the extraverted switch, people seem to like me a lot depending on whether I'm self-conscious or not at the time or then I look and feel like a very strange individual if I don't feel confident due to that.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp I says.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y&C its common for young people (teens, early 20s) to go through periods of self-consciousness, akwardness, and even low self esteem. What were you like when you were 7 or 8? When I was a teenager I could be described in many ways by different people. In my Jr high school year book some refered to me as a nice, quiet, shy, guy. Others said I was a "wild and crazy guy, a blast from outerspace, soooooo CRAZY!!!" Ahem, *puts glasses back on* Its not uncommon to have different feelings about yourself and for others to see you differently too.
    Spending time alone can be a good thing if used productively. Time spent reading and relfecting or in hobbies makes you a more interesting person to be around. You have something to share when you are with others.

Finally, male NFs just dont have it easy in our society Enfp males do not behave in stereotypical male ways and that may cause some raised eyebrows or even provoke some to try to change you. To compound the problem, enfps are HYPER aware of negative feed back and that may cause you to want to go inward away from others to protect yourself. But thats no fun. Theres no getting around it, accept yourself for who you are. Others will too. Soon you will realize that what you think about yourself is alot more important than what someone else may think of you. All men are not the same. From this forum you can see it takes all kinds of people with all kinds of qualities to make the world go round. Your positve qualities lie in the areas where some are weak and insecure. Also, you will get lots of exersize for you weak qualities cause thats whats expected in our society anyway. Your potential may frighten you but embrace it. So, get dressed, put on a smile and get out there! Its good to be an enfp!
    Hows that for a pep talk

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Creepy-

Not INFp

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well, all I know is that my type definitely has as one of the two main functions because all the theories and ideas I come up with deal with the outside world and are usually "what if scenarios". I'm also confident that is one of the two main functions because of that "gut feeling" always comes over me in order to do a good deed or if I'm nervous.

If I do use it in very rare occasions but is used powerfully in a similar fashion to my when my has thought of an idea that requires it. I also love writing creatively in stories that go deep into how the world functions. I also have very vivid dreams that involve things that could happen and others that couldn't happen in real life. They are so twisted and usually involve things that I have never thought of during the day, except for a few dreams though. I also go through periods at night where I am half sleeping and my subconscious mind seems to thinking like crazy and making up stories, it's so bizarre!

This limits my type to either ENFp or INFj in socionics Or ENFP or INFP in MBTI.

Rocky, I don't think I'm ISFP for the reason that I hate tuning into details and when I do, I get bogged down by it and get very irritated. I also hate repetition with a passion and try to avoid it as much as I can. Also, I'm seen as weird to other people especially ESFPs and ESTPs. I can also see the big picture most of the time and it helps me understand people better and theoretical topics. I also love to discuss abstract topics with others that are intuitive.

Herzblut, I'm a guy not a girl ! , damn I didn't know I was so feminine in the way I acted.

Thanks for the advice Topaz and I can relate to a lot of what you said.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Well, all I know is that my type definitely has as one of the two main functions because all the theories and ideas I come up with deal with the outside world and are usually "what if scenarios".
    So?

I'm also confident that is one of the two main functions because of that "gut feeling" always comes over me in order to do a good deed or if I'm nervous.
    ... I think that's more Perception than Fi. Fi has to do with interpersonal relations with people.

If I do use it in very rare occasions but is used powerfully in a similar fashion to my when my has thought of an idea that requires it. I also love writing creatively in stories that go deep into how the world functions. I also have very vivid dreams that involve things that could happen and others that couldn't happen in real life. They are so twisted and usually involve things that I have never thought of during the day, except for a few dreams though. I also go through periods at night where I am half sleeping and my subconscious mind seems to thinking like crazy and making up stories, it's so bizarre!
    !!!!!

Si!

This limits my type to either ENFp or INFj in socionics Or ENFP or INFP in MBTI.
    ... well, you're not an INFj...

Rocky, I don't think I'm ISFP for the reason that I hate tuning into details and when I do, I get bogged down by it and get very irritated.
    I often see the more detail oriented people as the heavier judgers. Sensing is a bit different... people say it's "detail", but not in the same way...

I also hate repetition with a passion and try to avoid it as much as I can.
    I hate repetition, too. I don't know anyone who likes it. It's just too boring. I think what you are refering to here is more along the lines of being a human being than being any specific type, lol.

Also, I'm seen as weird to other people especially ESFPs and ESTPs.
    ... and ESxps see us as weird because we are detached Introverts...

I can also see the big picture most of the time and it helps me understand people better and theoretical topics. I also love to discuss abstract topics with others that are intuitive.
    ... this is subjective. What's considered abstract? What's considered "big picture"?!? This is why I don't like those silly little short-list stereotypes...

I think we should have a new rule. From now on, before anyone can comment on what Si types are, or what it's like to be one, or whether they are one or not, they should be forced to read Jung's description of it three times over. It's things like this that made me think I was an Intuitive under the MBTI system...

http://socionics.com/prof/isfp.htm

??
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well Rocky, you could pass as an intuitive just as much as a sensor. If I am a sensor than there is something seriously wrong with Jung's theory. The main reason I think I'm intuitive is that I can pick out patterns and connections with ease. I also am very different from my ESFP friend and I lack the ability to have style like him and we usually disagree with eachother a lot of the time on almost everything except for personal relationship issues. I am abstract because I don't see the world for what it is, but rather on how it could be. I always see possiblities everywhere and that is very like. I also use metaphors frequently when I'm trying to discuss a topic.

I agree with you on the fact that detail tasks seems more like a judging trait then a sensing trait, though I'm not sure it can go either way. I know intuitive judgers that like dealing with details to an extent of course. I see the big picture because for example when I read a story instead of memorizing exactly what happened, I remember the morals of the story and what the message is behind it. When I deal with people, I realize that they act that way because that's how their personality is and not because they meant to. I think that is probably .

I have a value system like an ENFp because my ethics are not influenced from the outside world and have to do with what I believe is correct.
    When I write multiple-choice tests, I have the problem of looking at all the possibilites and can decide, which one to circle. Also, I may look like another type when I use my other weaker functions like . This applies to everyone that appear as other types when they use the functions they hardly use. Anways, what do I do that looks very ISFP like?

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Rocky, you could pass as an intuitive just as much as a sensor. If I am a sensor than there is something seriously wrong with Jung's theory.
    I wouldn't say that there is anything wrong Jung's theory... probably Myers' theory, though. If you read Jung's "Psychological Types", then you might relate to what he said about the Introverted Sensing type...

(a lot of what you wrote in the middle here just sounds like a misunderstranding of the functions based off of what you've learned in the MBTI system. Pretty much all perceivers do what you were talking about here, not specifically Ne types.)

Anways, what do I do that looks very ISFP like?
    Good question. Ever since you got here, it seemed a bit "odd" that you were an ENFp. There was a bit of Te-Fe tension (IMO) between the two of us... don't take this personally... but you just didn't "feel" like my dual. There generally aren't those misunderstandings between me and ENFps. When I replied to your posts, I felt almost like a jerk, the way Fe types make me feel. Then you posted that thread in Delta about the ENFp "silly switch". The way you talked about trying to evoke a reaction out of people and "annoy" them sounded like something the IxFp types (Fe) do. Then you made this thread and said that the socionics description of the ENFp made you feel sick, or something like that. Then you start talking about how you felt more like an Introvert. Then you wrote things along the lines of, "I do think of the future quite often and worry about it, though I tend to perform my actions due to the moment," which is something the Si dominant types seem to say.

That's just some of it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Well Rocky, you could pass as an intuitive just as much as a sensor. If I am a sensor than there is something seriously wrong with Jung's theory.
    I wouldn't say that there is anything wrong Jung's theory... probably Myers' theory, though. If you read Jung's "Psychological Types", then you might relate to what he said about the Introverted Sensing type...

(a lot of what you wrote in the middle here just sounds like a misunderstranding of the functions based off of what you've learned in the MBTI system. Pretty much all perceivers do what you were talking about here, not specifically Ne types.)

Anways, what do I do that looks very ISFP like?
    Good question. Ever since you got here, it seemed a bit "odd" that you were an ENFp. There was a bit of Te-Fe tension (IMO) between the two of us... don't take this personally... but you just didn't "feel" like my dual. There generally aren't those misunderstandings between me and ENFps. When I replied to your posts, I felt almost like a jerk, the way Fe types make me feel. Then you posted that thread in Delta about the ENFp "silly switch". The way you talked about trying to evoke a reaction out of people and "annoy" them sounded like something the IxFp types (Fe) do. Then you made this thread and said that the socionics description of the ENFp made you feel sick, or something like that. Then you start talking about how you felt more like an Introvert. Then you wrote things along the lines of, "I do think of the future quite often and worry about it, though I tend to perform my actions due to the moment," which is something the Si dominant types seem to say.

That's just some of it.
    Well, even though the socionics one made me feel sick, I still agreed with some things like the way an ENFp behaves and the language it uses. I heard ENFps are the shyest of all extraverts and Topaz explained it well saying that ENFps close themselves off to the world because of the responses of the way they act. Well as for the last sentence about time, I think you misinterpreted it a bit. I have ideal goals for the future that I set up for myself, and when I perform actions they are somtimes impulsive and not really for the moment.

Plus, I know someone else who is an ENFp and we get along great. As for you not seeing a connection to me I think that has to do with people not liking their duals immediately. I also get concentrated into something that interests me so much that I lose track of time. Also, thinking myself as an ISFP actually gives me a worse sick feeling and makes me sad, which is odd. My friends says that the ENFp description of typelogic fits me like a glove and I think it doesn't change for socionics. I will read the ISFp socionics description and the ENFp socionics description again to see if I can relate to it.

Also, remember how you reacted when Tethered_soul first posted in the ENTP.org, because that was me. Maybe, that's why you had a weird reaction around unless your talking about that site. Keep in mind that with the MBTI theory, a clash of and might not make us compatible.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I read both ISFP and the ENFP description.

When I read the ISFP description, I didn't really get any feeling or connection, I didn't feel sick, but it felt like I was just reading another person. A few of the stuff seemed like me, but most of the things I couldn't relate to. As for the ENFp description, I didn't feel sick this this time, but this one thing startled me last time because it didn't fit me at all.

4. "Modest". As a rule, he is not ambitious, because he can enjoy the circle of his friends and the anticipation of something interesting. Unlike The Politician, who likes to be an obvious ruler of the situation, he prefers to be its covert ruler. And his influence is directed first of all towards making other people reveal their skills and talents.
    Well the second part is a lot like me because I do like to figure out people and reveal what their good and try to motivate them to develop their skills and talents. However, the first part about me being happy with only friends and not being ambitious didn't really sound like me at all, since friends are important, but a lot of other things matter for me. I am modest about the clothes I wear and what I do, but not my goals. I have very ambitious goals, so maybe that's what caused the sick feeling in my stomach.

Also, the part in the silly switch where I was talking silly was me trying to seek attention and trying to turn the silly switch into words, which I might of failed in. My brother who I think is an ISTP also gets annoyed when I act silly. Though, we do get along when he wants advice or discuss something that interests us both. Okay, I think I've said enough.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely ENFp.

Really. You sound just like my ENFp friend

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another ENFp....
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.