Thread: Heredity/Transformations

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Heredity/Transformations

I've been wondering on how much people's personalities change when they age. Is your personality something that slowly builds up on when your a child or is it something that has been pre-determined before birth. Are there any converts that were once an ENTP and changed into an ENTJ, etc....?
    Are you born an ESTJ? Or are you born an XXXX and turn slowly turn into one over time? Are you possibly born as an INTP that changes into ISTJ to fit into society? It would be great if people could formulate their own original opinions on this matter.

Another matter, do you inherity your type from a family member? Are you more likely to be intuitive if your parents are or it really has no effect? Is there a link between your DNA and personality type?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

heh, noone seems to care or even acknowledge how people's personalities change over time and if they are inherited or just randomly selected. Quite sad.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-pokeball

DNA changes over time. What exactly are you looking for from us? =)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say you're born with it. Even if you don't agree with that BrainTyping stuff, and push it aside, socionic relationship theory pretty much shoots the "type is formed by your enviorment" thing in the foot. If your enviorment determined your type, and you weren't born with one, then things like conflict relationships with parents (which I have) would not come up. The kid would naturally be molded to fit the Quadra values of at least one of the parents. Unless the parents were confllicts with each other.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I say you're born with it. Even if you don't agree with that BrainTyping stuff, and push it aside, socionic relationship theory pretty much shoots the "type is formed by your enviorment" thing in the foot. If your enviorment determined your type, and you weren't born with one, then things like conflict relationships with parents (which I have) would not come up. The kid would naturally be molded to fit the Quadra values of at least one of the parents. Unless the parents were confllicts with each other.
    Yeah makes sense my dad is an ENTJ and my mom is an ESFJ and me and my brothers are all perceivers so it drives our parents nuts. They always say to be reponsible and mature, but none of us really adapted to their needs. So maybe it is pre-determined, though the environment has an impact, but I think you'll have to want to change in order to adapt. I could of become a judger when I was younger, but only if I wanted to, but I never wanted to and refused and that is why I remained a perceiver.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    Does anyone not have conflicting relationships with their parents (at least as long as they live in the same house as you)?

I think typing your parents using socionics relationship theory is a bad idea. Then both my parents would be ISFj.
    Having conflicts =/= Conflicting relationship.

And my point was, if you were shaped by your enviorment, there WOULDN'T be all those conflicts with parents, because of all that nurturng and blah blah blah from Mommies would turn you into a product of your mother's nurting, so, in socionics theory, you'd probably be the dual of your mother or something like that. At least with single parents, almost every kid would be in the same Quadra.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Rocky 100% right.

It's not like you have to have conflicting relationships with your parents, even though the parent-child relationship introduces conflicts.

My father was my conflictor - an ISFp - and my mother's an ESFj, and that fits the kind of relationship we have. But my brother, an ENTp, got better along with my father than with my mother. An ENFj friend of mine gets much better along with his ENTj father and ISFj mother than I ever did with my parents.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I used to think that when I mistyped myself... they make complete sense now, though.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ILENTp

Then you're probably an "evil genius" cross-type who has conflicting relationships with everybody. :wink:
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    Yes, I'm probably EXXX and psychotic as well.
    LOL, well, an Exxx only has conflicting relations with introverts, and then only when they choose to. The conflicting relation is only one aspect of a very large mix.

I suspect that most extroverts imagine Christ as an Exxx. Introverts imagine him as Ixxx. (for the record, he was probably an Ixxx, simply because he refused to judge others. My Ixxx friend refuses to do that. Ever.)

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

One thing you need to try very hard not to do is get on the bad side of either an Ixxx or an Exxx. I've been on the bad side of an Exxx before, and the united assault by extroverts was withering.... We're talking "throw him out of the tribe and let him starve" here! I'd say introverts would withdraw completely from anyone who dissed an Ixxx.

But if your relations really don't seem to be following the socion rules, then maybe you are a crosstype. Try taking the test at http://www.similarmind.com/jung.html . If you score with 60%-40% on a trait, then you may be crossed at that trait. You can affirm this by phrasing your relationships with normal type people in terms of the cross-relations chart.