Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ISFp jobs/careers/occupations: what do SEIs do for a living?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like the stereotypes about SEI make it less likely for people to type themselves as SEI. It's like you should enjoy cooking things, hiking in nature, massaging people, feeding people, being the goddess of the hearth or something. And of course you are deeply aware of your physical states even though lots of SEIs are 9s and lots of 9s are so dissociated they can't feel their bodies.

I was about to say I think creative professions may be best for SEI. But there are plenty of SEIs who seem to enjoy their work in non-creative professions, like as admin assistant.

I think one needs a high IQ for programming and a working memory for details. SEI as a human type will have those among it with high IQs and good memories for details.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I feel like the stereotypes about SEI make it less likely for people to type themselves as SEI. It's like you should enjoy cooking things, hiking in nature, massaging people, feeding people, being the goddess of the hearth or something. And of course you are deeply aware of your physical states even though lots of SEIs are 9s and lots of 9s are so dissociated they can't feel their bodies.

I was about to say I think creative professions may be best for SEI. But there are plenty of SEIs who seem to enjoy their work in non-creative professions, like as admin assistant.

I think one needs a high IQ for programming and a working memory for details. SEI as a human type will have those among it with high IQs and good memories for details.
    I think that SEI's come in two subtypes (SEI-Si and SEI-Fe) and three enneatypes (e6, e2, and e9). So the way an SEI might manifest depends a lot on which one of these variants they fall in.

For example, an SEI-Si might also likely be an e6 and be extremely security-conscious and loyal to their families. These would be the ones you find cooking and being the goddesses of the hearth and chasing little kids around the house.

An SEI-Fe might likely be e2 and work as a very social helper in an office, or as a teacher in a public school, or as a nurse or doctor in the medical field.

The SEI e9's, I imagine, are good at reducing tension in their environments. This might mean making people comfortable through harmonious interior design, clothing design, or possibly working as guidance counselors to help other people find their best path. They might be active in their church.

Of course, an individual's level of intelligence will affect exactly where they insert themselves in the workforce, but these general descriptions seem reasonable to me. I should point out, though, I'm not an Alpha and therefore have a pretty poor understanding of motives.

I only know three SEI's, with one being an SEI-Si (a mother, her one and only goal), another an SEI-Fe (office manager), and a third whose subtype I couldn't determine. The third one worked in the auto industry as a programmer and designer, so perhaps she was an e6 SEI-Si. She hated the sexist environment that she found in the Detroit car companies and was smarter than any other woman I've ever met, but she still had a relatively low-level job. She seemed determined to fight the system.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-22-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think that SEI's come in two subtypes (SEI-Si and SEI-Fe) and three enneatypes (e6, e2, and e9). So the way an SEI might manifest depends a lot on which one of these variants they fall in.

For example, an SEI-Si might also likely be an e6 and be extremely security-conscious and loyal to their families. These would be the ones you find cooking and being the goddesses of the hearth and chasing little kids around the house.

An SEI-Fe might likely be e2 and work as a very social helper in an office, or as a teacher in a public school, or as a nurse or doctor in the medical field.

The SEI e9's, I imagine, are good at reducing tension in their environments. This might mean making people comfortable through harmonious interior design, clothing design, or possibly working as guidance counselors to help other people find their best path. They might be active in their church.

Of course, an individual's level of intelligence will affect exactly where they insert themselves in the workforce, but these general descriptions seem reasonable to me. I should point out, though, I'm not an Alpha and therefore have a pretty poor understanding of motives.

I only know three SEI's, with one being an SEI-Si (a mother, her one and only goal), another an SEI-Fe (office manager), and a third whose subtype I couldn't determine. The third one worked in the auto industry as a programmer and designer, so perhaps she was an e6 SEI-Si. She hated the sexist environment that she found in the Detroit car companies and was smarter than any other woman I've ever met, but she still had a relatively low-level job. She seemed determined to fight the system.
    I think this kind of reads as all the stereotypes to me. I don't have a large database of SEIs. But there are those I type as SEI who match these things, it's more that I don't think it is limited to these sorts of things. I think SEIs can be found in most professions, like atmospheric scientist, videographer, architect, and yes, programmer (though I suspect most programmers are thinking types). I just think too many factors are behind what leads people in different job directions for there to be a strict type rubric.

TIM
    all of them
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known an ISFp who got a PhD in an advanced analytical logic subject... seemed kind of stressed out in that state, though, as if constantly needing to prove she belonged to be there. Ti-HA combined with impostor syndrome I suppose. I have no idea what she does these days.
    forsitan mea potentia increvit nimis

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEIs seem to be commonly drawn to creative fields and the humanities. Could see sports I suppose, but not if it's too strenuous (Si>Se).

As for me, no idea. Maybe some creative field; that would mean less stability but more freedom.
    ◯▙ SEI, 8w9 sp/so, FVLE

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a young early 20s SEI, probably Fe subtype, who is an executive in the Sea Organization. It's a very Gamma Te/Se environment so unsurprisingly she's frequently stressed and tensed but is a very bubbly and cheerful person otherwise and seems to enjoy herself a lot when getting to interact with people.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFps from my observations can be found in all kind of professions and are generally the peace-keepers/people that keep things pleasant within an organization.

If there was a creaky door that needed to be greased, ISFp/SEI represents the WD-40, the grease that lubricates the rough edges and smoothen things out

My ISFp manager radiates warmth, and makes sure the environment is light, cracks jokes, and shares a ton of fun-stories to "humanize" the workforce and put people in a generally good mood He'll make sure the environment is running smoothly, little things are taken care of, and that we are also well fed lol

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My uncle’s SEI-Si. His LSE mother wished he was a successful businessman like my LSE dad, they consider him a failure. He and his friend started a stock investment project together. His mom pressured him into taking the stock out because it was too risky and he caved and gave up for a while. A few months later he secretly put a shit ton of money into another investment project, without telling his mom. After a while, about a year, he gets scared and takes it out again to invest it into another project. He does not make much money this way. On the other hand he has a dead end BS paperpushing job as a government clerk. His LSI dad used to be a powerful regional deputy mayor and still has some sway, which was how he landed the job. He and his wife’s salaries put together can barely feed their family, he makes 4000 yuan or $600 a month. He borrows money from his parents. He also has a gambling addiction. People give him crap for lacking ambition and being too soft and lazy, Te PoLR’s a bitch.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 12-08-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cybel, can I ask you what your mom's master's degrees are in? Out of curiosity.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    @Cybel, can I ask you what your mom's master's degrees are in? Out of curiosity.
    Sure. She’s insanely hardworking and has an above average IQ though. Sometimes I forget. 100% SEI. Acts like a little kid, wants hugs all the time, obsessed with food and nature walks. She hates talks of money. Sometimes gets sucked into conspiracy theories.

Peking University Bachelor of Science Major: Electronics
    Masters of Accounting Science
    Masters of Business Administration

I think the difference between my mom and uncle is that my mom has had a marginally harder childhood. He lived in the city, not pampered but still relatively comfortable. My mom lived in a rural area and grew up with no air conditioning, refrigerators, highly-skilled doctors, and experienced famines. A good job in the city was the only ticket out. They also hung out in different social groups as kids, he was a shy guy with “shady” friends who slacked off and played games all the time, she was popular and well regarded by most teachers, they still remember her.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you arrive at the conclusion that you're SEI? You cognition is somewhat different from others self-typed SEI Ive seen
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    How did you arrive at the conclusion that you're SEI? You cognition is somewhat different from others self-typed SEI Ive seen
    Why do you say that?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Hey.

I came to the conclusion based on past interactions. Merry and democratic were obvious.

But I’l expand, in case a lurker is reading and considering SEI for themselves. I knew at first I was one of the feelers. But I had trouble deciding: there’s a bit of each in you, you think. Trouble describing oneself. Well there lies to tell tale sign of Si, what Jung called the ‘ancient consciousness’ point of view the Si leads seem to have. Situations and objects that define a person’s personality in the sense we commonly understand it seem generally unimportant for a person the type. An observational stance. I think SEIs as children can be inclined to copy the behaviour of their friends, put on a personality today, another one tomorrow. Not just copy one thing they saw in their personality: they channel the observable traits in others until they get bored and decide to vampirize someone else. I think all this lies at the core of The Mediator figure: understanding people as you remain distant to that which motivates them, as well as feeling a gravitational pull to your own peaceful centre.
    Last edited by Rusal; 12-09-2020 at 03:17 AM.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ILE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In college for computer science, sort of aiming for a job in cyber security....or IT last case scenario. But my hobbies are more artistic, I like painting/digital art/and writing. I dreamed of being an artist when I was younger but wasn't confident about it financially. CS is more income friendly

TIM
    ILE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey.

I came to the conclusion based on past interactions. Merry and democratic were obvious.

But I’l expand, in case a lurker is reading and considering SEI for themselves. I knew at first I was one of the feelers. But I had trouble deciding: there’s a bit of each in you, you think. Trouble describing oneself. Well there lies to tell tale sign of Si, what Jung called the ‘ancient consciousness’ point of view the Si leads seem to have. Situations and objects that define a person’s personality in the sense we commonly understand it seem generally unimportant for a person the type. An observational stance. I think SEIs as children can be inclined to copy the behaviour of their friends, put on a personality today, another one tomorrow. Not just copy one thing they saw in their personality: they channel the observable traits in others until they get bored and decide to vampirize someone else. I think all this lies at the core of The Mediator figure: understanding people as you remain distant to that which motivates them, as well as feeling a gravitational pull to your own peaceful centre.
    This sounds a lot like enneatype 9 trait, in that they will merge with (or you call it, 'vampirize') the qualities of those around them. It's sometimes hard to feel a solid identity with this. I mention this because it appears SEIs tend to be 9s

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of SEIs I know are often pregnant and on maternity leave.
    A specific SEI I know has one hell of a nose, she'd be an excellent perfume tester or wine tester. Her ability to pick up on tastes and smell is nuts.
    She worked as a secretary where I work, used to puff essential oils into the office lol. Always in some light and airy colorful comfy clothing. Used to say "There is nothing that red lipstick can't fix!" Very health conscious and good with that sort of stuff. Chill and fun, liked to involve everyone in group activity.

Very pleasant, I can see why she got pregnant again Xd.. very good mom material.

too bad she was married, I would have asked her out.. fuq.. 100% my type. Such is lyf, plenty of SEI out there hehe.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-22-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234