Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTp description an socion.info

link: http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi?loc=desc&type=1

The Inventive ENTp

By Reuben McNew [ENTp]

ENTps are methodically very abstract and though driven, constantly seeking the pure potentialities of the unseen. They naturally see the big picture as others see it, while activelly comparing their own beliefs without bias and consideration to their own personal belief. It is not uncommon for an ENTp to think is his mind 'A man believes this, another believes that ... I see the potentialities of them both, so what is the real deal?' Often an ENTp may logically qualify these abstractions to make personal solutions to problems, though they activelly avoid solving logical problems the same as others do. Since they avoid deriving known conclusions, their ideas maintain a unique and personal origionality that other may not have considered. ENTps have little loyalty to personal belief and tend abandon old inferior beliefs for newer ones with better potentialities.

Since they are creative and pensive people, ENTps can not function well in enviroments that demand their attention to strict schedules or have heavy expectations placed upon them. Structured enviroments frustrate them and routein demotivates them, causing them to break down from the stress and pressure. However, ENTps function well in enviroments by which they have been given a 'creative license' to move freely and to exercise their abilities to rationalize, appearing to procrastinate until the last moment to finish tasks. An ENTp does the best work in an unstructured free enviroment with few prohibitions or restrictions.

ENTps can have little understanding of the limits of public, personal, and private space, and can irritate others with the way they habitually manage common everyday matters. They can have limited ability to comprehend the amount of time to complete task, and can be generally irresponsible or late on occasion. They can also be very messy, and have a hard time taking care of themselves. They can become so distracted with every day matters, that they lose track of their health. An ENTp may appear to be in a hurry when he or she is not.

Even though the are extroverts, ENTps may demonstrate a subtle tendency towards reservation. Those who have had problems establishing friendships may manifest a quiet nature and a lack of general outgoingness, one day appearing social and friendly only to be indiffrent or avoidant the next. Over a period of time specific social patterns may develop, appearing unfriendly and reserved to some and friendly and open to others. With their sporatic nature, they may unwittingly convince others of a general dislike and social discontentment, even though it is not their intention. Because of this, ENTps feel a need to receive positive emotions more than any other type, and often use their intuitive logic to concoct clever social schemes to gain required social attention; ENTps crave great emotional attention from others.

ENTps do not readily follow social norms. They do not like to have their independence threatened by unnecessary rules, and they can appear expedient and out-of-place in a society that values any various forms of unnecessary subjugation. While ENTps may have a healthy respect for rules when they are necessary as a guideline or are necessary and good for the well being of people, they do not readily tolerate intentional subjugation to any type of rule or method that they consider to be out-dated or harmful to the well-being of individuals. ENTps tend to look down on people who do so, considering them to be childish and lacking of confidence.

ENTps are the intuitive protectors of society. They do not want to see people being exploited out of ignorance or to see the unmerciful destruction of individuals for the gain of a chosen few. ENTps want everyone to be strong, independent, and able to stand on their own. They can use their intuitive understanding of situations and their ability to see the internal workings beyond smoke and mirrors, and to warn of danger. However, they can at times see danger where none really exist, which often causes people to not take them seriously. But, ENTps really want the best for others, even in a world that does not really understand them or really cares to for that matter.

ENTps thrive not in any society that places high value upon any form of systematic consistency, and could be perceived with suspecion. Because of their accute absentmindedness, an ENTp may unintentionally forget what he or she has done throughout the day or mistakingly leave tools and other items where he or she has worked. This forgetting can happen anywhere from a matter of seconds to minutes. When confronted, an ENTp may deny he or she has done something, even a few moments later and when there are witnesses to testify against this fact; generally, most people lack the empathy and insight to understand how anyone can humanly manage under such inconsistent and odd behaviour. However, those who have developed a good understanding of ENTps can testify to their faulty memory and forgive and accept them. An ENTp is best left to live in a society that values their greater strengths over their lower flaws.

Another cause of strife could result by the way in which an ENTp naturally realizes and relays information. If an ENTp fails to absorb all necessary hints and clues about his or her surroundings during a signifigantly potential or important event, his or her mind could unintentionally distort that information, causing the ENTp to perceive and relay information to others that may not have a complete bearing on reality. However, this is totally natural for an ENTp; their minds can play connect the dots. If a dot is missing, their subconscious fills it for them without telling. However, they tend to often be right more than they are wrong. Regardless of this, the casual observer may discern their own inborn divergent thinking abilities as blatently dishonest and unreliable reasoning. Although, societies that are more accepting of ENTps tend to be more amazed with the ability than uncertain and condemning. But, this view is meerly a matter of perception; honesty and dishonesty has nothing to do with a person's personality type. As people, ENTps can be just as honest or dishonest as any other person of any other type, just so long as they avoid misunderstanding societies upon which can do them any harm.

ENTps are actually pretty positive people, who enjoy life greatly. Unless circumstances prove it necessary, they rarely find reason to think negatively about people. They seek to accept and to understand people for who they are inside. They do not like to condemn people for their personhood, and they can often be sought out by others for matter of practical solutions to common every day problems. People typically have respect for the intuitive understanding of ENTps towards them and appreciate their loyalty in personal matters. It is not like an ENTp to betray a friend in need.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rewrote the first part of the description to be less wordy, so hopefully the first few paragraphs will apply more to ENTps who are not quite as influenced by the hidden agenda as I am.

Comments?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are a few typos (like thought), but what it says is good
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about an INTj one? just kidding. I don't know, I'm not an ENTp, so I can't really say.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    How about an INTj one? just kidding. I don't know, I'm not an ENTp, so I can't really say.
    Yeah, the INTj one is found here ...

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi?loc=desc&type=10

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very good - I updated my signature via that one
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really good description. I pasted it at ENTP.ORG, to replace the old. Don't worry gave you full credit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh, that's cool ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RC, I was doing a little clean up on the description, but was unsure what you mean by
    They naturally see the big picture as others see it, while actively comparing their own beliefs without bias and consideration to their own personal belief.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he means that we can logically balance our own opinions with those of others without giving a bias to our own. Make sense?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...while actively comparing their own beliefs, without bias and consideration to their own personal belief."

... and I don't particularly agree with the whole description...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor do I. I actually identify quite a bit with his INTp description; perhaps this is because McNew is an ENTp, and as such doesn't exactly have an objective perspective on what it really means to be one. Someone else should write one, maybe an INTj.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    RC, I was doing a little clean up on the description, but was unsure what you mean by
    They naturally see the big picture as others see it, while actively comparing their own beliefs without bias and consideration to their own personal belief.
    What that means is that ENTps can look out over the horizon, see each individual person and their individual beliefs exactly as they believe them. Chart them out in their own mind in a way similar to looking at stars in the sky, and consider them all as possible without personal bias.

And what Gilligan said was correct ...

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    I think he means that we can logically balance our own opinions with those of others without giving a bias to our own. Make sense?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor do I. I actually identify quite a bit with his INTp description; perhaps this is because McNew is an ENTp, and as such doesn't exactly have an objective perspective on what it really means to be one. Someone else should write one, maybe an INTj.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    "...while actively comparing their own beliefs, without bias and consideration to their own personal belief."

Why do you disagree?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    LOL that would be like:
    ENTps are those loudmouths that have oppinions about everything and never pay any attention.
    That is actually true from a diffrent perspective ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identified with the description. I don't think it covered each and every aspect of being entp, but that's kind of impossible anyways. It would be interesting to hear what others thought it lacked.
    ENTP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too, which is why I asked ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that I listed ENTps as "divergent learners" and that I talked about some of the things that ENTps care about ethically, even though ENTps have problems in that area.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

Why do you disagree?
    Becuase a lot of the stuff that you talk about I don't see really related to any type. It seemed like a lot of going back and forth being boasting and complaining.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is why I had to rewrite the first part of the description, to make it more clear that the rest of it was to be interpreted within the basis of the first few paragraphs, which are actually function descriptions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    "...while actively comparing their own beliefs, without bias and consideration to their own personal belief."... and I don't particularly agree with the whole description...
    Why do you disagree?
    Becuase a lot of the stuff that you talk about I don't see really related to any type. It seemed like a lot of going back and forth being boasting and complaining.
    Rocky, McNew's description before fit me well, his rewrite fits me even better. Maybe you hit it on the head for ENTps, the angst of high/low, happy/sad, etc. Attempting to find that internal balance is excrutiating and we are always evolving. I for one, find the waxing and waning that you allude to, quite embarassing when around more stable types.