Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: ENTps: what is Ne to you?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,859
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ENTps: what is Ne to you?

    Please be as descriptive as possible.

  2. #2
    Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's MADNESS : (
    I will not aim for the head.

  3. #3
    Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    It's MADNESS : (
    Absolutely right .... at a very real level you go around thinking there are so many ways things could be you just wonder why people are so fixed to hum drum routine and aren't spending more time exploring their options to find the "better/best/more exciting" ones ... all the while ignoring that if people spent major time on options they'd have precious little time for real work or progress!
    ILE

  4. #4
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any other ILEs want to take a crack at this? I feel like I can't describe it at all.

    I usually have a lot of things I need to remember to do/new things I'd like to try (both realistic and unrealistic) flying around in my mind at once and have a hard time prioritizing/motivating myself to actually do one of them. I'm much more interested in considering/planning/analyzing activities than actually doing them, however. Usually I try to handle those annoying outstanding commitments and "accomplish" a few things as fast as I can each day so I can be "free" to relax and think about whatever I want to.

    Does this sound similar to the rest of you? I'm still not convinced I'm Ne lead.
    ILE - Ti.

  5. #5
    Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well the thing about being more interested in considering/planning/analyzing an activity then doing it I don't agree with wery well. When I am considering/planning it is often an activity which outcome I will gain from. That may be money, girls or just the experience of doing the activity.

    It is also true that I often stop an "activity" at the considering/planning stage. Maybe because realizing that it was not realistic or because I got bored of doing it.. or finishing this post now because my mind wandered off elsewhere.. : ( uuh where am I?

    Yeah an acitivity, I often choose to do things that will be enjoyable to do and also having some kind of reward later.

    Take working out, you work out. That is fun, sweaty and breathing you puff and pant and then afterwards after doing several workouts you get the reward of being more fit and healthy. Or reading a book on math, it is fun when you learn something and can start of see math in real life and then the reward of showing off later. Hah!

    Does this sound similar to the rest of you? I'm still not convinced I'm Ne lead.

    diljs I like to accomplish things. I want to save the world and I want to climb mount everest. I'd rather be a secret agent then a philosopher walking around with a blanket wrapped around myself. How bout you? When I put it like that
    I will not aim for the head.

  6. #6
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    well the thing about being more interested in considering/planning/analyzing an activity then doing it I don't agree with wery well. When I am considering/planning it is often an activity which outcome I will gain from. That may be money, girls or just the experience of doing the activity.
    I guess my challenge is that I only want to do the things that are interesting, fun, or I see value in. The problem is there are times when I just don't see value in any activity, but I still get frustrated with myself when I'm not "doing anything worthwhile".

    On the other hand I do a lot of things that are "have tos" and other ENTps seem to do a lot more "want tos". That is, I'm a very "responsible" person at monitoring most things and making sure my life doesn't fall apart, which can be a drag at times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    It is also true that I often stop an "activity" at the considering/planning stage. Maybe because realizing that it was not realistic or because I got bored of doing it.. or finishing this post now because my mind wandered off elsewhere.. : ( uuh where am I?
    lol, yeah I do that. Mind starts rolling on something else before completing the plan for making a post. I stopped several times to make breakfast and look at other stuff while typing this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Yeah an acitivity, I often choose to do things that will be enjoyable to do and also having some kind of reward later.
    A lot of focus on long term reward there, I have a hard time with those.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Take working out, you work out. That is fun, sweaty and breathing you puff and pant and then afterwards after doing several workouts you get the reward of being more fit and healthy. Or reading a book on math, it is fun when you learn something and can start of see math in real life and then the reward of showing off later. Hah!
    Hmmm yes, I enjoy both of those activities. Motivating myself to start the activity is a lot harder than lying on the couch thinking about it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Does this sound similar to the rest of you? I'm still not convinced I'm Ne lead.

    diljs I like to accomplish things. I want to save the world and I want to climb mount everest. I'd rather be a secret agent then a philosopher walking around with a blanket wrapped around myself. How bout you? When I put it like that
    I definitely have a burning desire to have a lasting impact on the world.

    Secret agent > philosopher, no question.

    A blanket wrapped around me though, is an ISFp in the blanket? Because...might do that out for a while and then go climb a mountain.

    Could you explain some more on what your base state of mind feels like? Empty or cluttered? How do you "want your mind to feel, vs how is it normally"
    Last edited by diljs; 09-19-2008 at 12:20 PM.
    ILE - Ti.

  7. #7
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,900
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I posted this in that other Ne thread, but I'll do it again here.

    My favourite description of Ne:

    A constant array of possibility. Viewing in parallels.

    If you say cowboy, I go: cowboy, spurs, horse, horseshoe, lucky, clover, field, daisies, driving, wild, west, cowboy.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  8. #8
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,707
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apple crisps!

    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  9. #9
    Froody Blue Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne is having a burst/torrent of ideas. You can't stop it from coming, it's a helpful tool. It does what it wants to do, and others can't stop it. Thoughts come, sometimes you wonder why you would even think something so random, but it makes way for creativity.

    Orderly chaos, Chaotic orderliness, or else just chaotic chaos. It can be like an energetic little packrat, gathering new concepts, new suggestions. As they are coming while it's our job to filter, sometimes it's irresistible to explore the more outlandish ideas that come in. Ne goes back to a databank of stored information but primarily creates something new. While users can have great memories, we can also be forgetful where it matters. It spawns a bunch of new concepts and rather than going with one, branches out. It also gets excited when finding a new interest, and likes to explore said interest in depth.
    9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

    Phlegmatic-Melancholic

    These rabbits were in fact on a raft, as were assorted rats and owls. There may have even been a reindeer.
    On a raft. And a boy was sitting on the raft.
    The picture worried me, I must say. There was an otter swimming in front of the raft, and I used to lie awake worrying about this otter, having to pull the raft, with all these other wretched animals on it who shouldn't even be on a raft, and the otter had such a thin tail to pull it with I thought. It worried me.
    Then one day-- and remember I had been looking at this picture every night for years-- I suddenly noticed the raft had a sail. Never seen it before. The otter was fine, just swimming along.


  10. #10
    a two horned unicorn renegade Homicidal Maniac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,638
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say it is probably deep internal imagined penetration into the issue. Dissolving many things, looking at boundaries, gradients etc. This applies to IEE's as well where they handle multiple relations instead of logical constructs.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  11. #11
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,191
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  12. #12
    a two horned unicorn renegade Homicidal Maniac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,638
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    In case with logic it is most certainly blowing inconsistencies of things out of proportions into surrealism.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  13. #13
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,945
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my dad, talking seriously "well I was thinking that we should buy that roman amphitheatre"

    me, confused, lol wtf?

    "yeah, we should buy that land, ask ppl to leave their homes and put them all somewhere else for some time, so we can restore the old amphitheatre"

    me, shocked, are you kidding me? do you realize we have so much stuff to do AT HOME?

    "eheh, but once the amphitheatre will be ready people will pay the ticket to come and see it! it's gonna profit! ))"

    ....

  14. #14
    a two horned unicorn renegade Homicidal Maniac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,638
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    my dad, talking seriously "well I was thinking that we should buy that roman amphitheatre"

    me, confused, lol wtf?

    "yeah, we should buy that land, ask ppl to leave their homes and put them all somewhere else for some time, so we can restore the old amphitheatre"

    me, shocked, are you kidding me? do you realize we have so much stuff to do AT HOME?

    "eheh, but once the amphitheatre will be ready people will pay the ticket to come and see it! it's gonna profit! ))"

    ....
    Amphitheater... that is bit too modest. Amphitheater in outer space + space lift.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  15. #15
    Danali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lundun
    TIM
    404
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The ability to be in you, with you and around you all at once while simultaneously picking you apart.
    accept your inner grey and set yourself free x

  16. #16
    kingslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    USA
    TIM
    SEE-Se 8w7 Sx/So
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    well the thing about being more interested in considering/planning/analyzing an activity then doing it I don't agree with wery well. When I am considering/planning it is often an activity which outcome I will gain from. That may be money, girls or just the experience of doing the activity.

    It is also true that I often stop an "activity" at the considering/planning stage. Maybe because realizing that it was not realistic or because I got bored of doing it.. or finishing this post now because my mind wandered off elsewhere.. : ( uuh where am I?

    Yeah an acitivity, I often choose to do things that will be enjoyable to do and also having some kind of reward later.

    Take working out, you work out. That is fun, sweaty and breathing you puff and pant and then afterwards after doing several workouts you get the reward of being more fit and healthy. Or reading a book on math, it is fun when you learn something and can start of see math in real life and then the reward of showing off later. Hah!

    Does this sound similar to the rest of you? I'm still not convinced I'm Ne lead.

    diljs I like to accomplish things. I want to save the world and I want to climb mount everest. I'd rather be a secret agent then a philosopher walking around with a blanket wrapped around myself. How bout you? When I put it like that
    This sounds more like SE

  17. #17
    Making peace.
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne is looking at an external object and seeing it in terms of abstract categories.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •