It's MADNESS : (
    I will not aim for the head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    It's MADNESS : (
    Absolutely right .... at a very real level you go around thinking there are so many ways things could be you just wonder why people are so fixed to hum drum routine and aren't spending more time exploring their options to find the "better/best/more exciting" ones ... all the while ignoring that if people spent major time on options they'd have precious little time for real work or progress!
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other ILEs want to take a crack at this? I feel like I can't describe it at all.

I usually have a lot of things I need to remember to do/new things I'd like to try (both realistic and unrealistic) flying around in my mind at once and have a hard time prioritizing/motivating myself to actually do one of them. I'm much more interested in considering/planning/analyzing activities than actually doing them, however. Usually I try to handle those annoying outstanding commitments and "accomplish" a few things as fast as I can each day so I can be "free" to relax and think about whatever I want to.

Does this sound similar to the rest of you? I'm still not convinced I'm Ne lead.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the thing about being more interested in considering/planning/analyzing an activity then doing it I don't agree with wery well. When I am considering/planning it is often an activity which outcome I will gain from. That may be money, girls or just the experience of doing the activity.

It is also true that I often stop an "activity" at the considering/planning stage. Maybe because realizing that it was not realistic or because I got bored of doing it.. or finishing this post now because my mind wandered off elsewhere.. : ( uuh where am I?

Yeah an acitivity, I often choose to do things that will be enjoyable to do and also having some kind of reward later.

Take working out, you work out. That is fun, sweaty and breathing you puff and pant and then afterwards after doing several workouts you get the reward of being more fit and healthy. Or reading a book on math, it is fun when you learn something and can start of see math in real life and then the reward of showing off later. Hah!

Does this sound similar to the rest of you? I'm still not convinced I'm Ne lead.

diljs I like to accomplish things. I want to save the world and I want to climb mount everest. I'd rather be a secret agent then a philosopher walking around with a blanket wrapped around myself. How bout you? When I put it like that
    I will not aim for the head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the thing about being more interested in considering/planning/analyzing an activity then doing it I don't agree with wery well. When I am considering/planning it is often an activity which outcome I will gain from. That may be money, girls or just the experience of doing the activity.
    I guess my challenge is that I only want to do the things that are interesting, fun, or I see value in. The problem is there are times when I just don't see value in any activity, but I still get frustrated with myself when I'm not "doing anything worthwhile".

On the other hand I do a lot of things that are "have tos" and other ENTps seem to do a lot more "want tos". That is, I'm a very "responsible" person at monitoring most things and making sure my life doesn't fall apart, which can be a drag at times.

It is also true that I often stop an "activity" at the considering/planning stage. Maybe because realizing that it was not realistic or because I got bored of doing it.. or finishing this post now because my mind wandered off elsewhere.. : ( uuh where am I?
    lol, yeah I do that. Mind starts rolling on something else before completing the plan for making a post. I stopped several times to make breakfast and look at other stuff while typing this.

Yeah an acitivity, I often choose to do things that will be enjoyable to do and also having some kind of reward later.
    A lot of focus on long term reward there, I have a hard time with those.

Take working out, you work out. That is fun, sweaty and breathing you puff and pant and then afterwards after doing several workouts you get the reward of being more fit and healthy. Or reading a book on math, it is fun when you learn something and can start of see math in real life and then the reward of showing off later. Hah!
    Hmmm yes, I enjoy both of those activities. Motivating myself to start the activity is a lot harder than lying on the couch thinking about it though.

diljs I like to accomplish things. I want to save the world and I want to climb mount everest. I'd rather be a secret agent then a philosopher walking around with a blanket wrapped around myself. How bout you? When I put it like that
    I definitely have a burning desire to have a lasting impact on the world.

Secret agent > philosopher, no question.

A blanket wrapped around me though, is an ISFp in the blanket? Because...might do that out for a while and then go climb a mountain.

Could you explain some more on what your base state of mind feels like? Empty or cluttered? How do you "want your mind to feel, vs how is it normally"
    Last edited by diljs; 09-19-2008 at 12:20 PM.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in that other Ne thread, but I'll do it again here.

My favourite description of Ne:

A constant array of possibility. Viewing in parallels.

If you say cowboy, I go: cowboy, spurs, horse, horseshoe, lucky, clover, field, daisies, driving, wild, west, cowboy.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple crisps!

"Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is having a burst/torrent of ideas. You can't stop it from coming, it's a helpful tool. It does what it wants to do, and others can't stop it. Thoughts come, sometimes you wonder why you would even think something so random, but it makes way for creativity.

Orderly chaos, Chaotic orderliness, or else just chaotic chaos. It can be like an energetic little packrat, gathering new concepts, new suggestions. As they are coming while it's our job to filter, sometimes it's irresistible to explore the more outlandish ideas that come in. Ne goes back to a databank of stored information but primarily creates something new. While users can have great memories, we can also be forgetful where it matters. It spawns a bunch of new concepts and rather than going with one, branches out. It also gets excited when finding a new interest, and likes to explore said interest in depth.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say it is probably deep internal imagined penetration into the issue. Dissolving many things, looking at boundaries, gradients etc. This applies to IEE's as well where they handle multiple relations instead of logical constructs.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In case with logic it is most certainly blowing inconsistencies of things out of proportions into surrealism.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dad, talking seriously "well I was thinking that we should buy that roman amphitheatre"

me, confused, lol wtf?

"yeah, we should buy that land, ask ppl to leave their homes and put them all somewhere else for some time, so we can restore the old amphitheatre"

me, shocked, are you kidding me? do you realize we have so much stuff to do AT HOME?

"eheh, but once the amphitheatre will be ready people will pay the ticket to come and see it! it's gonna profit! ))"

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    my dad, talking seriously "well I was thinking that we should buy that roman amphitheatre"

me, confused, lol wtf?

"yeah, we should buy that land, ask ppl to leave their homes and put them all somewhere else for some time, so we can restore the old amphitheatre"

me, shocked, are you kidding me? do you realize we have so much stuff to do AT HOME?

"eheh, but once the amphitheatre will be ready people will pay the ticket to come and see it! it's gonna profit! ))"

Amphitheater... that is bit too modest. Amphitheater in outer space + space lift.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ability to be in you, with you and around you all at once while simultaneously picking you apart.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds more like SE

TIM
    ILI-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is looking at an external object and seeing it in terms of abstract categories.