Thread: IEIs/INFps are you efficient? do others call you efficient?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps are you efficient? do others call you efficient?

Do you consider yourself to be efficient.

If you find it hard to anwer this question then answer this one:
    Do (for example) colleague's of you, call you efficient?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

I'm not obsessed with efficiency like my ESE husband is. I think I'm pretty efficient when I want to be. But my attention isn't fixated on that goal, no. But when I have a deadline, I never miss it. I know how to plan my time so that it gets done.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By efficient do you mean am I exceptional at obtaining the maximum output for the minimum input? (traditional definition, if so, then yes)

or

Exceptional at obtaining the maximum output for the maximum input (New Age definition, if so, then no)
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    By efficient do you mean am I exceptional at obtaining the maximum output for the minimum input? (traditional definition, if so, then yes)

or

Exceptional at obtaining the maximum output for the maximum input (New Age definition, if so, then no)
    I meant the first one.

So it would mean you are efficient.

The nice thing is, I've got an INFP friend who also considers himself to be efficient, which he probably also is.

But isn't efficiency linked to Te? The conclusion I like to draw is that this is a weakness of using information elements.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

Efficient: 1.performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort; having and using requisite knowledge, skill, and industry; competent; capable: a reliable, efficient secretary.

I don't see myself as efficient nor do I think that an IEI can generally be efficient. Maybe in short sprints he/she can use the time as well as possible but as a general rule.... I believe IEI are time wasters. I flow through time, don't grab, just flow.

Effective: 1.adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result: effective teaching methods; effective steps toward peace.

Effective is another issue. IEIs can be effective if they are properly motivated (or at least I think I am or can be effective in the tasks I consider important)
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the opposite of efficient, and am generally slow to take things in. I do love getting things done, but what I get done may be below other people's standards in some cases. It's not intentional, but detail sometimes gets lost on me. This would also describe how my brain works in general. People have often noticed this and said something about it. In the workplace, I do have a side to myself that is more efficient if I am used to a task. I may have an outcome in mind, a vision in my head, and I work towards it. Having pressure exerted on me will hinder the result.

There are times when I may expect other people to be efficient if I am in a rush, but I don't try to force it on people. I strongly dislike being on the receiving end of that.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not IEI but I'll answer. I'm very efficient when I'm in a competition of some manner and so not so efficient otherwise. My motivation derives from getting the edge on other people and obstacles in a visceral manner. When it comes to matters that are entirely about my own pragmatic well-being or task that are forced upon me by other people, my motivation and desire to be efficient goes limp.
    Last edited by Muddy; 11-17-2019 at 04:29 AM.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm aware of efficiency and could probably achieve it if it meant something to me, but most of the time I'm like "It's inefficient to care about being efficient."

I can be efficient with resource allocation, and how to know what tasks are best put off til another day.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think IEI can be efficient in a sense, by not really caring about being efficient. I’m not sure how it works. It seems pretty difficult to try to explain. The IEIs at my workplace basically always look like they have their shit together for some reason, minus the occasional blonde moment who anybody would be subject to once in a while anyway. If they can’t do something, they pretty much know how to find someone who can / con me into working for them for a few hours.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEIs do usually find the shortest route so in that sense they are efficient. Their Achilles' heel is that they are often ruled by their heart, which can override their own good sense. They sometimes find themselves having to redo or undo work that they'd done efficiently simply because they chose to do something that made everyone or themselves happy - instead of the right and perhaps unpopular decision.......

a.k.a. I/O