View Poll Results: Russell Brand's type?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

8 22.86%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 2.86%
  • EIE (ENFj)

20 57.14%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.86%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 2.86%
  • IEE (ENFp)

4 11.43%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I'm so sensitive: I was feeling how mean that was and thinking coldly of the humor of saying it. Smh. sadness.
    You should instead feel how great it is to have a friend who you can say such surface-level cruel things to in jest and know that he won't take serious offense from it.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. upon reading the quotes from the link Starfall posted...it does sound like EIE.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's a fuckin delta. why else would he dress like a hippy ass bitch?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said before: ILE. It's easier to see it in a video like this one where he is more serious:

His Ti is more visible now

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's bouncy and random. Plus he has a perpetual pants problem. Clever, though.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    As I said before: ILE. It's easier to see it in a video like this one where he is more serious:

His Ti is more visible now

Thanks for this. I just saw the entire video and got a good glimpse of his real personality and not the facade that is portrayed at his movies and comedic acts that mislead me into thinking he was an Se-SEE. I agree with the ILE typing after watching this video and I would say Ne-ILE 7w6 sx/so fits him best imo.
    Last edited by Raver; 01-13-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-EII 5w4 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see and appreciate why people think Russell Brand is ILE.

Nevertheless, now that we've taken a while to observe him proceed on his political mission, I can safely say that he's a very likely candidate for EIE.

Sure, he values . That is evident in his argumenation. Nevertheless, I would not say that he has strong . Although used reactively in debates, he never applies it in the advancement of his own ideals, preferring pure, overflowing . Compare this to the likes of Bill Maher, John Cleese and even myself whose rides above . Russell is a master of the persona, the facade of fame that he projects to the media. Indeed, I would say his main motivation in life is not the pursuit of interesting possibilities but the effect he has on the sentiments of others. It is clear that he is a passionate communicator with 4D . The emotion decorates his words even at the expense of coherence which is nothing like the firm communicators seen with LIEs and ILEs and their 4D .

I would also argue against IEI. Sure he has in the past portrayed a dreamy, go with the flow attitude but this can only be a persona in comparison to the proactive stance he is now taking, not even having to mention the sheer tirelessness with which he has always gone from one thing to the next. As Jeremy Paxman comments, he is going to burn himself out at some point. At the same time IEI is rarely so extreme in their behaviour as emotional effect is always creative to the long term vision .
    Last edited by Jack Oliver Aaron; 11-08-2013 at 12:48 AM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delta NF

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    I can see and appreciate why people think Russell Brand is ILE.

Nevertheless, now that we've taken a while to observe him proceed on his political mission, I can safely say that he's a very likely candidate for EIE.

Sure, he values . That is evident in his argumenation. Nevertheless, I would not say that he has strong . Although used reactively in debates, he never applies it in the advancement of his own ideals, preferring pure, overflowing . Compare this to the likes of Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, John Cleese and even myself whose rides above . Russell is a master of the persona, the facade of fame that he projects to the media. Indeed, I would say his main motivation in life is not the pursuit of interesting possibilities but the effect he has on the sentiments of others. It is clear that he is a passionate communicator with 4D . The emotion decorates his words even at the expense of coherence which is nothing like the firm communicators seen with LIEs and ILEs and their 4D .

I would also argue against IEI. Sure he has in the past portrayed a dreamy, go with the flow attitude but this can only be a persona in comparison to the proactive stance he is now taking, not even having to mention the sheer tirelessness with which he has always gone from one thing to the next. As Jeremy Paxman comments, he is going to burn himself out at some point. At the same time IEI is rarely so extreme in their behaviour as emotional effect is always creative to the long term vision .
    His recent Paxman interview I think may support weak but valued Ti. He wants a revolution but does not seem to have the will or capability to describe how and to what. EIE seems likely to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGxFJ5nL9gg
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    His recent Paxman interview I think may support weak but valued Ti. He wants a revolution but does not seem to have the will or capability to describe how and to what. EIE seems likely to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGxFJ5nL9gg

Yes, this takes the EIE biscuit! I put this video up on a few places.

Jeremy Paxman - LIE methinks

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, this takes the EIE biscuit! I put this video up on a few places.

Jeremy Paxman - LIE methinks
    Which socionics model do you use might I ask?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    Which socionics model do you use might I ask?
    Model A.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Every time he opens his mouth he makes me want to punch something.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE.

I kind of like his views on certain things.

I want to shave his head in his sleep. he's hideous either way.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model A.
    Gulenko hates it now and thinks that you guys have a flat view the personality, as referenced in his casual deterministic cognition article and his current attacks against those who discredit him as he sees.
    What do you think of energomodel which has ILE functions as:

(EGO) NeTe
    (PERSONA) SeFe
    (ANIMA) SiFi
    (ID) NiTi

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko hates it now and thinks that you guys have a flat view the personality, as referenced in his casual deterministic cognition article and his current attacks against those who discredit him as he sees.
    What do you think of energomodel which has ILE functions as:

(EGO) NeTe
    (PERSONA) SeFe
    (ANIMA) SiFi
    (ID) NiTi
    Gulenko types living room furniture. His Humanitarian school has diverged quite a bit from the Classical canon and I wouldn't look to him as an authority but a contributor. I find his writing on cognitive style interesting but suspicious, along with anything else that assumes the more iffy Reinin dichotomies (such as positive/negative) to be certain. Even Reinin himself didn't want his dichotomies to be taken so seriously.

I have not heard of this energo model, but it appears to be ranking IM Elements purely by dimensionality (strength) rather than by valuing which makes it lose a key feature of Socionics.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko types living room furniture. His Humanitarian school has diverged quite a bit from the Classical canon and I wouldn't look to him as an authority but a contributor. I find his writing on cognitive style interesting but suspicious, along with anything else that assumes the more iffy Reinin dichotomies (such as positive/negative) to be certain. Even Reinin himself didn't want his dichotomies to be taken so seriously.

I have not heard of this energo model, but it appears to be ranking IM Elements purely by dimensionality (strength) rather than by valuing which makes it lose a key feature of Socionics.
    Very interesting indeed, particularly I find the positive/negative dichotomy to be true though its generally presented wrongly and in reality very difficult to understand. I find that negativists have a fragmented construct in their understanding process where conclusions emerge from a disjointed premises. Whilst conversely positivists have a more holistic understanding process where conclusions emerge in a seeming ''harmony''.The way I've observed that for myself is through comparing kindred and business relations type pairs in real life, where the difference emerges since the same IEs are processed differently.

Personally I've been won over by the energomodel and similarly I've lost faith in quadra values, which I find inconsistent especially for me personally.

If you interested in scouring through them here are links to his teaching site
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...5Wc5oBEfKdu16A
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Z0mpk0lZ2swWfQ
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...YMdujhH6-uTBTw
    http://translate.google.com/translat...qKCUZdNDVRLf7w

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting indeed, particularly I find the positive/negative dichotomy to be true though its generally presented wrongly and in reality very difficult to understand. I find that negativists have a fragmented construct in their understanding process where conclusions emerge from a disjointed premises. Whilst conversely positivists have a more holistic understanding process where conclusions emerge in a seeming ''harmony''.The way I've observed that for myself is through comparing kindred and business relations type pairs in real life, where the difference emerges since the same IEs are processed differently.

Personally I've been won over by the energomodel and similarly I've lost faith in quadra values, which I find inconsistent especially for me personally.

If you interested in scouring through them here are links to his teaching site
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...5Wc5oBEfKdu16A
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Z0mpk0lZ2swWfQ
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...YMdujhH6-uTBTw
    http://translate.google.com/translat...qKCUZdNDVRLf7w
    Isn't that the Right/Left or Process/Result dichotomy?

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that the Right/Left or Process/Result dichotomy?
    Good call, though no, I now realize that my understanding of the left and right dichotomy is slightly different from the one used by wikisocion. To explain it, instead I view the left and right dichotomy as the different styles of working with the big picture and details, simply put the difference there appears to be that LEFT types prefer to cycle through a lot of concepts (big pictures) before deciding to architect their understanding (cementing the details). Whilst conversely RIGHT types cycle the fundamentals of their architecture (the details) before conceptualizing their overall idea (cementing the big picture).

Now to add even more clarity both LEFT and RIGHT types are adept at cycling through concepts (big pictures) and architectures (details), however the key difference there is that they see those processes as secondary, like the creative function if you understand that example. RIGHT types will only focus on cycling through various concepts (big pictures) if they are easily available usually as a means of testing somebodies conclusions, ideas. Conversely LEFT types only focus on the architecture (details) if they are easily available and mutually they are used as a means of testing somebodies conclusions ideas.

By the way I've got these ideas from talking to socionics britannica who has various hypothesis he still working on with regarding reinin traits. He's still not published his theory or website, as he still feels it isn't finished. www.facebook.com/SocionicsBritannicaSchool
    Last edited by Soupman; 12-06-2013 at 12:45 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call, though no, I now realize that my understanding of the left and right dichotomy is slightly different from the one used by wikisocion. To explain it, instead I view the left and right dichotomy as the different styles of working with the big picture and details, simply put the difference there appears to be that LEFT types prefer to cycle through a lot of concepts (big pictures) before deciding to architect their understanding (cementing the details). Whilst conversely RIGHT types cycle the fundamentals of their architecture (the details) before conceptualizing their overall idea (cementing the big picture).

Now to add even more clarity both LEFT and RIGHT types are adept at cycling through concepts (big pictures) and architectures (details), however the key difference there is that they see those processes as secondary, like the creative function if you understand that example. RIGHT types will only focus on cycling through various concepts (big pictures) if they are easily available usually as a means of testing somebodies conclusions, ideas. Conversely LEFT types only focus on the architecture (details) if they are easily available and mutually they are used as a means of testing somebodies conclusions ideas.

By the way I've got these ideas from talking to socionics britannica who have various hypothesis he still working on with regarding reinin traits. He's still not published his theory or website, as he still feels it isn't finished. www.facebook.com/SocionicsBritannicaSchool
    I'll check him out.

how can russell be same type as charlize theron?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

eie

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by severina View Post
    ^ this

EIEs are generally prim and proper and not a complete trashy mess like this dude.

maybe ENTjs can be sloppier because of democracy? Also, he looks like Sasha Baron =>

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It is not uncommon for someone to wear lavish clothes and have the hair of horses and wear buckets of cologne and yet generally be unclean.

If an individual is extroverted and everything about him seems black and purple, he is likely to be an EIE.

Also, I find it difficult to like him at all considering how nasty an individual he was in regards his divorce

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    ^ this

EIEs are generally prim and proper and not a complete trashy mess like this dude.
    Si polr makes me very anxious about my appearance, so I dress in a way to avoid criticism or judgement. I avoid extremes in fashion because I don't really want to draw attention to my body. I want my appearance to be pleasing but not to distract from my message.

I didn't want to watch the video because he is so scary looking. But I did, and I think he is way more logical than me. The logical points flow easily in his speech and he barely notices his audience. When I speak, I am always looking around a bit to gauge the reaction of my audience so I can maximize my connection with them. He doesn't do that at all. He even says something really funny and self revealing at one point and just keeps barging ahead with the rest of his point with no pause. He speaks with feeling and his face is animated, but his message is delivered in a completely logical way with absolutely no effort to manipulate the atmosphere with Fe.

He is ILE.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, and know of, EIE-Fe males who are a bit like him, with a lot of nervous energy and a way with words. However, they are elegant men, with the possible exception of one who is a former rock star. And I don't know any EIEs who would walk into a situation like that formal hearing shown in the upthread video without scrubbing up in order to be taken more seriously and to show respect as well.

Brand regularly rubs people the wrong way, and doesn't always seem well in control of that quality. He tends to misjudge social situations. I think it is genuine misjudging, not him grandstanding or making a point or a bid for attention.

The recent Hugo Boss debacle is a good example of how wrong he can get things. This is a brief summing up of what he did:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...nazis/2773825/

And this is Brand describing in his own words his side of the minor scandal, showing both how amazingly circuitous his thinking is, and how little he understood the social scenario ("I realised that for some people this was regarded as an event with import"--duh):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-op-ed-629416

Any "type" might choose to take aim at Hugo Boss's WWII-era doings, but the way Russell Brand did it was remarkably clumsy and ill-thought-through.

Also, in the following audition video, I see that his particular genius lies in mining the random:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6invJFx6j0

It's simply not linear behavior, and even if we want to make allowances for the fact that he's a comic and has developed both a backlog of material and a talent for improv, I don't see how he can be a rational type. I also think democratic > aristocratic, and he seems to act along the infantile / caregiver dimension. For these and other reasons, I believe the best guess in this thread is ILE.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to put in that I've always found Russell Brand extremely attractive. He seems really smart, engaging, widely knowledgeable, and charming (albeit probably difficult to be around for long periods of time.) Those outfits are a bit scary...

Give me some hot supervision sex lol.

EDIT:

“It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. No one really feels self-confident deep down because it's an artificial idea. Really, people aren't that worried about what you're doing or what you're saying, so you can drift around the world relatively anonymously: you must not feel persecuted and examined. Liberate yourself from that idea that people are watching you.”
    ― Russell Brand

Aw
    Last edited by lemontrees; 03-26-2014 at 09:05 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Disclaimer: I actually have no idea who this guy is.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

lol DA did u just make these??
    they are godawesome

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post

“It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you. No one really feels self-confident deep down because it's an artificial idea. Really, people aren't that worried about what you're doing or what you're saying, so you can drift around the world relatively anonymously: you must not feel persecuted and examined. LIBERATE yourself from that idea that people are watching you.”
    ― Russell Brand

Aw
    Now that's how an INFj = EII as the activity partner would try to convince an ISTp = SLI to stop worrying!

"The Craftsman" = ISTp = SLI (Si-Te)
    "The Psychologist" = ENFp = IEE (Ne-Fi)

Everyday chores are usually undertaken by The Craftsman, who believes he can do them better. The Psychologist takes initiative in relations, can unite people around himself, and becomes the 'life of the party'. He gains people's favor, willingly advises on solving personal problems. He is a subtle psychologist, who understands well hidden motives of people. He emotionally demonstrates his attitude towards people; his sincerity, warmth and ingenuousness make others forgive his excessive straightforwardness and hot temper. He corrects The Craftsman's ethical mistakes, and often even his own, since he is not rancorous and likes people very much. His trustfulness disarms the incredulous Craftsman, and emotionality softens his more cold-tempered and reserved partner.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interview with an SLE.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And "who" does Miley Cyrus (SLI) indirectly bring up when trying to "teach" Katy Perry (SEE) an erotic "lesson"? ---> Russell Brand!... therefore this "news" and its "identical agenda" in terms of the "news" reporter are NOT IEE, because Miley's IEE "Reporter" AND "duality partner" would actually "know" AND "provide" to her as her SLI duality partner "Who is who?"...!!!

Oh, and Miley gets a spanking only if she wants one, because Miley is a GOOD girl, too!

As a "teacher", Miley is in "white"...

Last edited by IBTL; 03-27-2014 at 05:08 AM. Reason: A special "Thanks!" to our latest SLI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by severina View Post
    lol DA did u just make these??
    No, but I know who did.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne sx/so 9w8

watching his interviews with Chelsea Handler (SLE) it looked a lot like a "childlike" vs "aggressor" type interaction:

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevjenn View Post
    except for some aggressiveness (albeit a repelling one) and hostility (man!) I could correlate with Se HA, there's nothing I can qualify as EIE in this dude. True I haven't read any quotes and blah of his. And I never will, mea cupla, confined to typing by hunch only. Anyway he looks like a Logical type to me.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oooook. Enough fucked-up Ne for me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2JvXN2_GI

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ne-ILE 7w8 sx/so

Edit: Actually, 7w6 fits better. Yeah, that will be correct

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast