Thread: ISTj jobs/occupations/careers: what do LSIs do for a living?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTj jobs/occupations/careers: what do LSIs do for a living?

deleted
    Last edited by guest32456; 12-30-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some odd reason, every typology system that I have ever looked into tells me that I would make a good priest/minister. (Even astrology! It's weird!)

...I know two male ISTjs who teach chemistry. One teaches at the high-school level and the other was my college professor.
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

Creepy-pokeball

Long answer: Anything they want.

Short answer: Contrast your personal values, past, ease of ability/skill over variable tasks, financial need or want for the near future and long-term future, willingness to go X time in training/education/ladder climbing, etc.

Contrast any or all of those in whatever hierarchy you think/feel is best to form a goal for Im sure you will find what you want on your own or perhaps with talking with friends and not some predetermined guide that you may feel unsatisfied with later down the road.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Long answer: Anything they want."

Yeah definately. Socionics isn't a manual for life.....although if there was a manual for life, who would follow it anyway?
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

Creepy-pokeball

That's a loaded question lol =D But yeah...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To give Five an socionics related answer, most of the ISTjs I know are either engineers or technicians. One is a technical salesman - with big on the "technical".

Of course you should not limit yourself to such areas because of socionics.

Besides, you should be open to the possibility that you may be an ISFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List your assets and then see which job requires them. If I'm not mistaken, ISTJs are diligent, dutyful, and have a good eye for the "correct procedure" of any kind of institution. My ISTJ cousin has had three jobs that called for just that sort of thing. First she was a nurse, then she did her back in and went on to teach (nurses, of course), and now she did some more training and inspects hospitals to check if they follow the correct hygiene procedures.

I'd say it would drive her up the wall if she saw people not sticking to a correct procedure and couldn'd do anything against it. (Like, nurses doing a shoddy job about something that could endanger the patient's life.) So she'd need to be at least able to do her own job correctly. Ideally she'd also make sure that others do what's necessary.

A good way to find out what you like/dislike about jobs is to actually work for a bit. Many jobs look different from the outside.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lawyer, lawmaker, judge.

but i also agree that you shouldn't pick career choice from a socionics list - or any list. maybe, to get ideas on careers, but don't be limited by it. you should learn what you're especially good at, and what you're terrible at. then work out what you can live with, and what you absolutely can't live with. then figure out if there's any work that is important to you - something you really want to spend your life doing, or if you're still neutral about all careers.

most importantly, do not waste years obtaining a degree you don't want to please others (like parents)! listen to advice, but don't be pressured by them.

God, i sound like an old lady.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice

Expat, I still think that I'm ISTj because the Beta bunch all got the 'vibes' and connections from me.

Generally, as a career, I'd want to balance having stability and routine (ie. no being called in at midnight, plently of free time) with variety. I'd also want to balance office work with, if possible, some getting out and about. Generally, though, I wouldn't want to work in a city. It just doesn't float my boat - I prefer the country.

I remember doing work experience with a solicitor - I think that I found that too dry and boring. The paperwork was just immense - so many letters, cases needing years to close. Needless to say, it put me off law

Of course, I'm not going to use these ideas as absolutes - I'm just going to use them to spark off some thoughts.

Any comments?

Five

Creepy-pokeball

That is going to be a pickle of a job choice. More and more work will be connected to cities and it will get stronger as we progress in time unless something discontinuous happens. So, your options will be limited there. Not that I dont agree with you. One of the reasons I aimed at a well paying job is because I wanted to live in the country yet work in the city. That way I could have enough land to feel comfortable with (like room for a huge ass green house and massive gardens *grin*). I could have easily been a professional horticulturist or botanist but... put it this way, it pays for beans. So I went with therapy because it pays a bit more (relatively not tons but enough) and I wanted to help people like my sister (she has spina bifida).

At any rate, that will limit your choices. Im trying to think of areas where you would not have to travel yet have more freedom in working away from the city. What about Nuclear Engineer? Or like my friend, he has a degree in botany but he works federal for homeland secuirty for agriculture inspections. Maybe you can do something similar? I dunno lol. Personally if I wasnt biased with people in need or plants, I probably would have went the route of foreign language, mediation and the like so I could see the world and get paid for it. That would almost work for you but I dont think that would be the regular that you'd prefer.

Creepy-pokeball

btw, any tie in you can do with martial arts? Or is that just a side interest?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you remembered

This post was more of an idea gathering than to make any specific decisions because I'll change over time. But, if my interest in martial arts keeps going, then a job will act as a way of earning the money to pursue my MA study while acting as an interesting, intellectually-stimualting part of my life.

Five

Creepy-pokeball

I try to remember everyone's. I messed up on Topaz one day tho =( What about Exercise Science? Or Health Science? The technical name of my BS is Human Science which is somewhat similar to Health Science lol.

Creepy-pokeball

Oh yeah, I remembered another. There is a big push now for grabbing PA's (phsyician assistant's) for rural areas. That is equivlent to an MS for some universities. It pays decent, too. Theyre becoming rather popular and wanted as of late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ISTJ. I can tell you about my personnaly carrer orientation:

Ive been attending university in Ottawa, Canada for 5 years now doing law. If I had to specialize in a certain field, it would be tax law because I love the technicality and coldess of the Income tax act and the way it is the backbone of our organised society.

I LOVE doing law research but I think i would be a bad litigator since I'm pretty introverted and having better logistical intelligence, rather than tactical or strategical.
    Most of what I've read about ISTJs on this forum is either distorted, biased or completely negative.

Creepy-pokeball

You just named 3/4 types of intelligence!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    You just named 3/4 types of intelligence!
    Yes i know. Fourth being diplomatical.

Whats youre point?
    Most of what I've read about ISTJs on this forum is either distorted, biased or completely negative.

Creepy-pokeball

That someone actually used them which suprises me.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would ISTJ's do if they was the ruler of the world?!

I know this is a loaded question and some of you are not qualified to answer but... yeah.. y'know..
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTj jobs/careers/occupations: what do LSIs do for a living

Which careers are best for LSI? What do the LSIs you know do for a living?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not saying these are the best careers for LSI (I don't think they are) but the ones I know are:

-restaurant manager
    -acting teacher
    -chef

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI #1. Technical writer.
    LSI #2. consulting software engineer and amateur horse breeder.
    LSI #3. university math teacher and small farm owner.
    LSI #4. salesman who became company owner.
    LSI #5. inventory control at a medical company.
    LSI #6. eye doctor.

These are all people I know irl. The thing they have in common is that they all work with organizing and controlling information within an existing system.

As far as I know, the only one who got their job by going to school for it was the math teacher. Her small farm is her way of re-creating her childhood. (Edit: also the eye doctor.)
    The rest simply applied for their jobs. Once they were in, they figured out how to succeed at the job within the organization.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-08-2016 at 01:00 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

one LSI I know works at a farm. he usually helps build stuff.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Pole dancing? Sorry I guess it was too tempting...
    LSIs I know :
    -technical coordinator
    -operations manager
    -logistician
    -technical support officer
    -field service engineer
    -nurse
    -secretary in military field

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ditch digging

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the LSI jobs I've observed:

dancer, massage therapist, chef, tile layer, attorney, filmmaker, humanities professor, security guard, researcher, park manager

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSI make great veterinarians, any job that requires detailed analysis they are amazing at noticing inconsistencies in data and information also amazing at diagnosis but they need freedom too so human medicine, with lots of malpractice, kind of stresses them out. They do tend to have type A personalities but require an easy going, joking atmosphere. They would do well as the boss of their own small company. A bar, but if you do this please stay away from Drugs and Drinking. PLEASE I beg you.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSI make great veterinarians, any job that requires detailed analysis they are amazing at noticing inconsistencies in data and information also amazing at diagnosis but they need freedom too so human medicine, with lots of malpractice, kind of stresses them out. They do tend to have type A personalities but require an easy going, joking atmosphere. They would do well as the boss of their own small company. A bar, but if you do this please stay away from Drugs and Drinking. PLEASE I beg you.
    Hahaha been there done that, I used to drink hard liquor and do hard drugs on a daily basis, but I've quit all that cold turkey and I'm in good health.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    Prison guard. x)
    Recently someone I know IRL (who is a part time cop) told me I should be a correctional officer.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post
    Some of the LSI jobs I've observed:

dancer, massage therapist, chef, tile layer, attorney, filmmaker, humanities professor, security guard, researcher, park manager
    and don't forget pole ninja.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truck driver- Following the rules and driving within the speed limit, not being wreckless but responsible, introverted job/not dealing with customers 24/7, being responsible and getting to places on time.