from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    True. A Fe adept individual has (almost) complete control over their emotions. A Fe inept individual would be far more likely to lose control and lash out at someone, as they have poor control over their emotions in comparison with a Fe adept individual.
    I'm not sure that I have "control" over my emotions persay, I think I'm just more "in touch" with how I really feel inside and how exactly to SHOW that to the world. Fe inept individuals as you put it, might be more likely to not TRUST or not KNOW how to express inner sentiments to the world?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I'm not sure that I have "control" over my emotions persay, I think I'm just more "in touch" with how I really feel inside and how exactly to SHOW that to the world. Fe inept individuals as you put it, might be more likely to not TRUST or not KNOW how to express inner sentiments to the world?
    Maybe, yeah. But do you really not have control over your emotions? Can you not hold back how you're feeling if you don't want to show others?

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, yeah. But do you really not have control over your emotions? Can you not hold back how you're feeling if you don't want to show others?
    Well, I suppose I do, yes. I believe I was rather thinking of the fact that around my trusted ones and those I'm comfortable with, I really dislike having to "hold in" anything for the sake of preserving whatever it is we have. I just like emotions to be naturally expressed, all the time. This is why I am iffy about the word "control" because it implies a sort of emotional manipulation that I don't care to associate with Fe. I dunno.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    No. That would be the type, which doesn't exist. I don't use Se in conjunction with Fe, I use it in conjunction with Ti.
    I was referring to the way Fe is expressed in betas, to shed light on snegledmaca's notion that beta Fe is like some invisible force that is only geared towards the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Honestly, strrrng, have you ever considered Beta extrovert for yourself? You appear to be extremely preoccupied with Se, and seem to have an understanding of the basic principles (not just a socionics understand but an instinctive understanding) and usage of Se, like no IEI would. IEIs aren't confident in Se. Either you're Se HA or Se ego or... I'm wrong and this is a bad idea.
    Fe isn't my base - I know that. How do you mean, I have an instinctive understanding? Could this have been influenced by my experience with martial arts, maybe? Are you sure IEI's aren't confident in it? If so, maybe I am some Se go.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really quite terrible at holding my feelings in. Others have told me that I basically radiate whatever I'm feeling, be it joyful or abysmal. Trying to control my natural state usually feels stifling and "false". I'm moody, what can I say...?

When I'm in a bad mood, there might as well be a small dark cloud hovering above my head, no matter how hard I might try to hold back from afflicting others with my pernicious emotional states.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    I'm really quite terrible at holding my feelings in. Others have told me that I basically radiate whatever I'm feeling, be it joyful or abysmal. Trying to control my natural state usually feels stifling and "false". I'm moody, what can I say...?

When I'm in a bad mood, there might as well be a small dark cloud hovering above my head, no matter how hard I might try to hold back from afflicting others with my pernicious emotional states.
    *Nods in agreement*

I wonder if this is true for all Fe Ego types - the fact that they feel "false" if they do not express/"radiate" their inner emotions outward whenever they feel it in the moment.

Most of the time, when I am happy, I will use my Fe to affect the moods of others around me, likely to cheer them up and increase the inner happiness that I already feel. Never will I actually use that tactic if I am truly feeling bad inside. This is what some people who misunderstand Fe think about us Fe Ego types -- that we will actually sacrifice our inner feelings to preserve an emotional atmosphere. Nope, no way, no how.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that the main difference between how and operate is that Fi imposes a set of premises, or a system, whereas Fe works backwards from actions/effects. Too many times has my ENFp dad observed me and then made a claim about what my inner state 'must' be. Like wtf?? I can literally see his Fi ascribing causes to my behavior without as much attention to the specific situation (similar to how a Te valuer would perceive a Ti valuer as imposing some system/structure on a given idea). Fe, on the other hand, tends to remain focused on the specific situation, tracking underlying dynamics of the person's behavior, and then inducing what their state/motive is. A matter of top-down vs. bottom-up, imo.
    4w3-5w6-8w7