Feedback appreciated.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, now I have registered and am a 'legit' member of the forum
    I am currently actively working on the site, so in addition to what's there now there will be a lot more soon.
    All materials on my site are original.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting and quite informative. Your site proves to be very promising.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to be a good site. Keep up the good work.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I have a lot more stuff to write about -- socionics is such a big topic. I want my site to eventually become fairly exhaustive (at least on topics from "classical" socionics).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any room for more "modern" Socionics? I'm looking for a chance to write, and I was wondering if you were interested in other theories.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is "modern" socionics?
    What are your theories about?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice presentation but lacks originality and original info.

I don't like the fact that you're trying to make money from web users.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    What is "modern" socionics?
    What are your theories about?
    oldforumlinkviewtopic-581.html
    http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/socnotes.rtf

The first one is a new, more sociological take on Socionics, while the second is an elaboration on the process of information metabolism. If you wish to consider this, just PM me or something.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Response to:

"Nice presentation but lacks originality and original info.

I don't like the fact that you're trying to make money from web users. "

My main concern right now is accuracy, not originality (in the sense of taking a completely new approach to things), especially since that is what is primarily lacking in English. All the texts are original in the sense of having been written by me.

Alas, money is a better motivator for achievement than most other things. I hope to make some money from Google ads placed on my site (I don't believe they interfere with the information) -- at least, enough to motivate me to continue expanding the information on my site. If you're referring to my mention of consultations regarding socionic type for pay, let me ask you -- how many people would you be willing to spend 2-3 hours on apiece for free talking about them and their socionic type? Or do you believe that such services are not worthwhile? Does it bother you that Gulenko charges money for his socionics classes, or that Bukalov won't tell you your friend's type for free?

At some point every person who wants to be professionally involved in socionics (or, really, any other field) makes the decision to charge money for certain services. This creates greater quality and greater responsibility.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, you are from the Ukraine, Rick? I was suppose to spend atleast a year in western Ukraine for a year [Laviv in fact], but something personal happened and was not able to go there. I would have spent two or three days in Kiev had I had gone. I hear it is a nice city.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And in repsponse to the "origionality" issue with Rick's website, true there really is probably not any things there that could not be found somewhere else or on another website, but atleast everything is conglomerated onto one website. That is a plus ...

If you want origionality, come to the http://socion.info website. I hate to think that my website is like other websites!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 rmcnew:

Thanks, yes, I do intend to make a sort of compilation in my own words of everything in socionics that I consider important to people , plus add my own twist on some things -- for instance, evolution and socionics, personal development, etc.

I am a U.S. citizen living in Kiev, Ukraine (Lviv is in western Ukraine, by the way). I've been living abroad for most of the past 12 years and speak and write fluent Russian (I have a couple articles in Russian on my site).

I sense that there are sort of two different socionics communities now -- the one over here (Russia and CIS) and the one over "there" -- everywhere else. There's not too much contact, and so things are sort of developing independently. I personally belong to the Russian/Ukrainian socionics community, and to tell the truth, this forum is my first real exposure to everyone else out there. But I feel responsible for what I write about socionics first of all to the socionics community over here. So I hope to make this a sort of bridge between the two communities.

But there's a lot of work to do, so I won't get ahead of myself...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLEASE translate the subtype descriptions (well). That would be incredible.

Also, I'd like to see some type descriptions. That's what alot of people are looking for from a socionics site. I'd be willing to write a few, if you're looking for volunteers.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait... which subtype descriptions?
    Each socionist who uses the concept of subtypes has invented own system. Gulenko divides each type into two subtypes by the Ego block functions. Didenko and some others attach any second type to the principle type. Timofey in Moscow ("Typolog") has four subtypes (logic + intuition, logic + sensing, ethics + intuition, ethics + sensing), Meged and Ovcharov have a system of "accented functions," others use a loose system like "a logical EII," "ethical Seeker," etc. However, no one has been able to come up with a convincing theoretical explanation and system that demonstrates how their subtypes affect intertype relations, etc., that other socionists would accept.

I don't claim everyone else is "wrong," but my personal position is that socionics as a systematic typology is most useful when we talk about the basic types from which relationships are derived, but when we start studying the differences between individuals of the same type it is more fruitful (and obvious!) to go outside of socionics and look at things like somatotype, physiological factors, talents, IQ, and other typologies that are based on quantative data. That's just my opinion.

I will have type descriptions soon. Thanks for the input.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of the ones that show a preference for either the 1st or 2nd function. But hey, it's your website.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll see how far my enthusiasm goes Maybe I'll get around to translating some of this stuff, too.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems interesting so far....
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

Nicely presented! It looks attractive but loads quickly, I love it already! I've only briefly scanned the content but what I have read is very easy to read. Thankyou!

Creepy-pokeball

I like the layout a lot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the article on evolutionary psychology - it frames socionics quite well. Nice web site!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Evolution is one of my hobbies, and I've always been surprised that so few socionists over here (Russia, Ukraine) seem to care about it. There's one other article in Russian I know about it with some interesting speculation similar to mine, but that's it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hay! How did you got your Logic so good? You are really great at explaining things which is not so common in ENFps. Well, in my observations, ENFps just like to show off how good they are at giving others advices how to dress fine or how to cook magnificent. But in reality they fale. I'm interested. You show skills in , but not in , which should be easier to stength.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um... every rule has its exception. I have a lot of logic-related interests. But that's hardly an explanation. Just born that way I know ILE's who are unable to explain anything clearly. I think this trait is only loosely related to socionic type.

You are in Tallinn? Are you part of the local socionics community?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure if there is any. Some people are interested in it and Lõtov has had two conferences in here. I'm in touch with Viktorja Neborjakina, who contrives the schooling of socionics in Tartu. But we don't have Estonian Socionics Institute.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read socionics texts in Russian? I know people in the Baltic states aren't too excited by Russian these days, but 25% or more of the population is Russian... are you one of them? Your English is certainly excellent. Вы говорите по-русски? (просто интересно, как этот форум отображает кириллицу

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Um... every rule has its exception. I have a lot of logic-related interests. But that's hardly an explanation. Just born that way
    It's because you're LIE.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad... you make it clear that Jung did experience cross-typed people, and that's important because they really exist. You also make the point that cross-types are not necessarily "balanced", but indeed refer to Jung's point that they "are not developed" at all and take their pleasures(orders?) from the unconscious directly.

I'm beginning to think more and more though that they think *we*, the basic sixteen, are the unconscious ones!

Good work.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    Actually, the page you're referring to are my notes on Augusta, so those are not my statements, but hers (with quotes from Jung).