Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual identification resources and links

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual identification resources and links

Photographic visual identification has it's limits. There should be a video aid, if not, an animation aid, to help with visual identification.

Filatova - I hope your listening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Filatova

The one socionist I would really like to come and pay us a visit would be no one else than my fellow INFJ Filatova. Maybe she could even explain her subtype theories in a way that even INTJs can understand. :wink: I am afraid though that one wish is destined to remain unfulfilled. Let us remember that she is already 68, and does she speak any English? I can only hope somebody has/will continue in her footsteps. Her subtype theories just make sense to me, because otherwise it is hard to fathom how Kramer of Seinfeld fame, Albert Einstein, Jimmy Carter and Adolf ****** can all belong to the same type.

Observing celebrities could be a fairly decent substitute for the video aid, but the eternal question is, can you trust anybody's typing? I currently usually;-) trust my own claims, and generally www.socionics.com seems reliable, but for example the gallery on www.socioniko.narod.ru/en
    Well, I am sure they tried their best, and you can always find good arguments - but still...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would it be hard to believe that? Type is just the shared qualities of individuals. The non-shared qualities are what makes them people.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well put pedro

Creepy-

Thanks. Also thanks for the title. I'm not exactly sure what a Poobah is but whatever it is I'm sure I'm a grand one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn school server/router...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Type is just the shared qualities of individuals. The non-shared qualities are what makes them people.
    What sort of things would you describe as non-shared qualities?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Type is just the shared qualities of individuals. The non-shared qualities are what makes them people.
    (i know this isn't directed towards me but i wanna answer)
    The things that aren't so predictable...the experiences and associations and interests that people develop...their childhood, relationships with their parents, what in a person you can't look at a model a and explain...whatever makes the person an individual(everyone is an individual).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Woah... that was fortuitous.

Hard to answer as I consider this something I've apprehended via a nebulous associaton but as a general rule of thumb shared function =s the two orgamisms react identically to the same stimuli. Non-shared functionality is different reaction (contrary? inverse? or just different?) to the same stimuli.

Perhaps an example should be given:

If you go out on a sunny day you see many "basic reactions" to that stimuli. Some people enjoy it others don't give a damn etc etc. I've observed many many people who are very similar across all kinds of statistical factors (ie race, religion, gender, age, location, music taste, sexual identity etc) but whose reactions to the same stimuli are radically different. Also, I have seen people who are at the opposite ends of all those statistical spectrums yet have the same "basic" reactions to everything. That is what I call type similarity and dissimilarity. It's how your INHERENT atttributes (whether physical or mystical however you wish to distinguish it) coordinate themselves in relation to your surroundings in an involuntary manner. It's like a chemical reaction. when you drop some cesium into water you get an explosion. Imagine that the cesium could "choose" it's own location and determined it had a mtivation to avoid water. You then would see something very like the human personality: avoidance of bad stimuli, inert reaction to other cesium molecules, if exposed to bad stimuli and uncontrolled reaction that negates the "cesiumness" of the personality.

That's why I do not think of ****** as any more inherently evil than the rest of us. He's just a man who experenced more stimuli that released his evil potential than the rest of us. That doesn't mean I believe he's not morally culpable but that's a completely different issue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're going off at a tangent. I've tried to observe celebrities. For example Bjork is supposed to be an ESFj, but when I observed her behaviour in an interview, I did not notice a wide range of facial expressions, somthing that is supposed to be characteristic of ESFJ's.

So I have come to the conclusion that Bjork is not an ESFj. I haven't found celebrity type indetification useful.

Are there any video or animation visual identification resources, not just photos?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're going off at a tangent. I've tried to observe celebrities. For example Bjork is supposed to be an ESFj, but when I observed her behaviour in an interview, I did not notice a wide range of facial expressions, somthing that is supposed to be characteristic of ESFJ's.

So I have come to the conclusion that Bjork is not an ESFj. I haven't found celebrity type indetification useful.

Are there any video or animation visual identification resources, not just photos?
    I think that Hilary Duff (Lizzie Maguire) is an ESFj. She has a wide range of facial expressions. What does anyone else think?

Creepy-

Watch her video "The Hunter" and tell me she doesn't have a wide range of facial expressions... There's a typing video aid for ya...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Watch her video "The Hunter" and tell me she doesn't have a wide range of facial expressions... There's a typing video aid for ya...
    Do you have details of the typing video aid?

Creepy-

Default björk

hey .. bjork isn´t a ESFJ! She´s INFJ or INFP - eneagram 4w5.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Link

Now there are some Visual Identification resources available in English!
    Well, no video aid, but many machine translated webpages have been added to: www.socionika.com
    You can start for example here.
    They are mainly just quite general guidelines, and these VI theories all seem to be quite controversial, so decide for yourself. Lots of other stuff too that should keep you busy...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual Identification Sensing vs Intuitive Types and Resources

I should have some resouces set up in a few hours you can download, maybe even a webpage index.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

radical and awesome!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as this means there will be no "Guess my type #10" I am a happy man.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm ... I have enough of those big high-quality pics to go on for 2 years posting 2 or 3 a day if I wanted; doesn't mean I will, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, DiscoJoe, I'll have to agree, there's a bit of a clutter starting to stack up. I think the Web index is a better idea. The guess my type thing is a good idea, just excessive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, what I would like to do is have a seperate webpage where people can go and vote along with a V.I. picture index they can use to make comparisons.

Although, I am wondering if that would bias what I am initally trying to do; eventually I am going to be testing and interviewing some of these people and having people comparing pictures may or may not be the best method.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The website is finally up ... www.socionics.hopto.org

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. It is very well done.
    The ESTJ gallery does leave some room for improvement.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, some of the pictures I couldn't help because the quality was so poor when I found them; I need to either type more people or find someone of that type generous enough to donate some good pictures of him or her self.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I had a brief look at the ESTJ section, and I think that one is a lost cause; there isn't much I can improve on that section. :wink:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual Identification - Intuitive types vs. Sensible types

Taken from: http://socion.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=46

I went ahead and posted this despite the fact that I had posted it already over at the socion.info forum. This is actually how I first began to intuitivelly understand and perceive the diffrences between people who are sensible and intuitive types when I am observing them.

I am not sure if everyone is able to learn how to do this the same way I have. This might just be the standard example of "ENTp links similarity between A+b" type logic, so it may not work for everyone. Nevertheless, it is here ... Take it for what it is worth to you ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are unsure about how to figure out whether someone is intuitive or sensible through Visual Identification, it is possible with a little practice ...

Tune into or record an episode of "Regis and Kelly" and also "The View"...

Pay special Attention to Kelly Rippa and Meredith Vieira, note their similarities and diffrences. Note how Kelly tends to bob her head and does not appear very focused, then note how Meredith Vieira holds her head still and has a focused look to her eyes.

In case you are wondering, Kelly Rippa [ENFp] is an intuitive type and Meredith Vierira [ESFj] is a sensible type. If you watch them for a while, you can start to get a feel on the actual physical diffrences between sensible and intuitive types ...

Just so you know what they look like ...

Kelly Rippa:

Meredith Vieira:

Have fun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Dylan- INTP

Charlie Murphy- ISTP

Barry Bonds- ESFP

Alfonso Soriano- ENFP

Carl Jung- ISTJ

Randy Johnson- INTJ
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alfonso Soriano- ENFP is not showing ...

These are good, Rocky ... the only problem is that these are people that can not be readily observed ... what we need are examples of people that the can be watched so people can discern behavioural diffrences from them.

This is mainly the reason why I chose Meredeth Vieira and Kelly Rippa to add in the example, their shows are for the most part back to back and they look physically very similar, except that Kelly is intuitive and Meredith is sensible.

Creepy-pokeball

I have no clue who half of those ppl are. I dont watch sports.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Does it really matter? The point is to look back and forth between the N and S types to see how they are diffrent. You can easily see how the sensor's and intuitive's eyes are diffrent.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Does it really matter? The point is to look back and forth between the N and S types to see how they are diffrent. You can easily see how the sensor's and intuitive's eyes are diffrent.
    Of course it matters. Theyre not real time photographs and I have no clue who they are so I have zilch to contrast from. I have no clue if theyre imaging for their profession. Basically I have no tools to use other than face-value edits. Why should I trust an image created against a true persona?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typetango: a tool for VIing crosstypes?

I'm finding that typetango.com is an excellent resource of VI information about all the types. I think we should promote this site. We can use the correlation of photos and type to identify crosstyped individuals and the features that distinguish them from the basic 16.

http://www.typetango.com/

I've found several crosstypes already! (although I disagree with many of the celebrity/type correspondences there, because they aren't taking crosstype into account...)

[INTJ jerk mode]INTPs: plenty of ESFPs to meet! (or you could go out to a bar! [/INTJ jerk mode]

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That site gains a total of about two new members a month. I am on there somewhere as some type ...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    do we have to log on in order to see the VI pics?
    I'm afraid so. But it's free, and you'll be adding to the larger pool by doing so.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell is that, joy?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The inside of someone's lip with a kanker sore.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you two ENTps are disappointing me
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank God, I thought it was a camera shoved up somewhere where a baby was forming or something ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast