Thread: Another one bites his type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another one bites his type

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and like many other want to know my type, I've already made test's, but I've somehow red too much of socionics and likes, that I think I manipulate the results without knowing it. I don't have a digital picture of myself yet, but I'll put it in my avatar soon enough, so without futher ado, I'll make a quick a quick introduction about myself:

I like somewhat dissonant music, like metal (Tool, Rammstein, Led Zeppelin), rock (Queen Of The Stone Age, AudioSlave, Nirvana, Silverchair) and electro(Daft Punk, Goldfrapp, Moloko, Aphex Twin),
    but also like more melodic in some situations.

I like very much of music when I'm alone.

I don't like pictures of myself, (that is why I don't have none digital), although my mom is a photographic freak and likes to have many photos of family.

I have a terrible hard time, when deciding something, I can take much time in the supermarket deciding between similar products that I don't know, I also have similar dificulties when deciding with people stuff.

I value ethics and justice, but sometimes I fail to comply to them.

I'm atheist, although I have a chrismation, cause I did not had anything better to do with my time.

I did not like fanatism and irrationality, I'm not also a wishful thinker of any kind.

I'm studing Computer Science, I'm best at programming and I like to resolve a problem with a computer program, but I get bored to study the most theoric degree's when I have to study a big book.

I like to make use of logic, in argumentation and in thinking, I also try to be objective most of the times, but sometimes I can't cause the issue is not "black or white" so I try to see every perspective to comprehend the issue.

I'm not tidy, I don't clean up things unless it interfers with my activities, like I don't care much about my appearance.

Since I can remenber, I always reflect at night I before I sleep, about things I have done or should have done in the past or in that day, but this pisses my off and I can't help it, cause I lose sleep time.

So, it it all I can think about now. I think I might be INTj with intuitive subtype, but I think I don't have a INTj face, and also have many contradictions about the j/p type.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: sory for any typos, English is not my native language and I tend to "eat" words when I type or talk.
    INTj (i guess), a majority in forum, a minority in the world

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp, maybe?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say INTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    Are you really interested in philosophy, abstract logic, semantics etc. or do you think those things are uninteresting and have no application in the real world? (Ok, that dichotomy was maybe a little bit too strong, but you get my point)
    I am interested in that things even if they don't have application in the real world besides my knowledge of them.

Also I forgot to say that I'm bad at talking things I know, and probably the worst person I know at telling stories or events, just can't spell it out what it's in my head, also a bad motivator, I can't "read" very well people so I don't know what they want from me unless they say to me directly, that's why I'm interested about body language, socionics, psicology and that things, to know more about people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you all for the reply, and I'm sory if I post my info in different post, as I keep remembering things that can be useful to help determine my type.

I'm also a bit clumbsy, I have some times difficulty to coordinate my movements with the space around me, causing to drop something or tripping on something.

I'm not very athletic, cause I don't have many time (that is what I tell myself, anyway...), but I praise the effort of exercise, to achive a better health and body.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree - - especially with the description of weak which makes INTp unlikely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you again for the reply's, and sory again for the another post of things I remembered.

I hide my feeling very much, that's why people that don't know me very well and I had not have a conversation with can't read me very well. To the extreme of liking someone and not show that in any kind of way (maybe too afraid of the reaction of the other), but in the end I do not know why I do this.

I constrain myself too much, like I never tried any kind of "drug" even smokes (although I respect who does, like many of my friends, but it does not keep me from saying someting about it every now and then), the only ones I take is the wakeup coffee and the two beers with my friend's sometimes when I go out. Although I fail to comply to my self-control sometimes (especially with chocolate), which I hate it! But most of the times I can contain myself.

I think, what I've told here should be enough to identify my type, but I will put a photo of mine to "confirm" in a few days.
    Also, how do I know my subtype anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: typos, and clearing language

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Another one bites his type

I value ethics and justice, but sometimes I fail to comply to them.
    If you often find yourself to be activelly confused between feeling and thinking, theoretically it means you could have a sensible or intuitive first function. However, let us not forget the dual-seeking function.

I'm atheist, although I have a chrismation, cause I did not had anything better to do with my time.

I did not like fanatism and irrationality, I'm not also a wishful thinker of any kind.

I'm studing Computer Science, I'm best at programming and I like to resolve a problem with a computer program, but I get bored to study the most theoric degree's when I have to study a big book.
    This could mean any number of things ... I suppose you like to skip around alot in big books and not really read them?

I like to make use of logic, in argumentation and in thinking, I also try to be objective most of the times, but sometimes I can't cause the issue is not "black or white" so I try to see every perspective to comprehend the issue.
    That sounds like and

Since I can remenber, I always reflect at night I before I sleep, about things I have done or should have done in the past or in that day, but this pisses my off and I can't help it, cause I lose sleep time.
    Sounds like a weak possibly origionating somewhere from the Super-Id block. Weak is responsible for uncontrollable flashbacks of daily experiences to the point of interferance with healthy body functions such as sleeping or even mental stability in very extreme cases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds to me like ENTp or INTj ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Sounds like a weak possibly origionating somewhere from the Super-Id block. Weak is responsible for uncontrollable flashbacks of daily experiences to the point of interferance with healthy body functions such as sleeping or even mental stability in very extreme cases.
    No, it's just Introversion.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="rmcnew"]
    This could mean any number of things ... I suppose you like to skip around alot in big books and not really read them?
    I'm sory if I was not specific about this, what I wanted to say is, that I enjoy the process of converting a problem/idea of someting to a sequencial line of thought (I can't seem to explain this very well...), also when I said that I did not like theoric degree's, is that I don't have much patient to read a book of some class that I don't like and that won't be needing it in the future. I fail to see the point of studying sometinhg like that , but I have to do it...,
    also I learn more if I go to theoric class where there is a good theacher, than read a book of someting I do not have a interest for in a week or less.

Thank you all for your reply with your valuable knowledge of socionics. It would take to many time to understand it all, and also I could not have reached there. ( But I'm curious to read The Portable Jung, when I have time maybe...)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    No, it's just Introversion.
    Rocky, this is where I have always seem to activelly disagree with you. Correct me if I am wrong about this, but you seem to have a tendency to think that small manifestations of introverted functions means that someone is generally introverted. I disagree with that ... I think it is the function that is introverted and not the person.

So, I stand with saying that he can be either an extroverted ENTp or an introverted INTj ...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always reflect at night before sleep and it can get to a point where it interferes with my health as you described. It usually happens when i have thoughts and feelings I can't accept the way they are and they bring me down, preventing me from finding any will to do anything or hope that something can get better. So is that suggesting that I have a weak base function?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I always reflect at night before sleep and it can get to a point where it interferes with my health as you described. It usually happens when i have thoughts and feelings I can't accept the way they are and they bring me down, preventing me from finding any will to do anything or hope that something can get better. So is that suggesting that I have a weak base function?
    Not entirely ... for him, it has to do with aesthetics and belief ... for you, it has to do with ethics and logic. I do not really see a parallel ...

But I think that if I was to think of what you just said in the context of what I told him, I would assume that you have a weak ethical function and he has a weak aesthetic function.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you're saying... I forgot to mention that I have an ESTj in my family who has told me that she replays memories in her mind before sleep which disturbes her and has prevented her from getting sleep several times. The way she described it sounded very similar to what I experience. So I don't know if reflecting is about introversion, as rocky said. Maybe it's related to Si or the hidden agenda...

...and we're heading off-topic Apologies to Nonelse, who I think is probably INTj by what he said about himself.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and we're heading off-topic Apologies to Nonelse, who I think is probably INTj by what he said about himself.
    None taken I always wondered if much more people did that. To me is a bit frustrating cause I almost never learn anyting about I reflected, indeed I forget it at morning and during the day (in which I don't counciously apply what I have "learned"), and remeber it again at night. I just don't see the point of doing that, but what could I do?

Oh well, life goes on...

By the way, could any one confirm or dismiss the my intuitive subtype?

EDIT: question forgoten

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I don't know if reflecting is about introversion, as rocky said. Maybe it's related to Si or the hidden agenda...
    BINGO!