Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
If there is such a thing as a soulmate, then I think it could be someone you just want to be friends with. It doesn't have to be a partner. A soulmate can just be that, a mate. Or perhaps a relative.

Plus, perhaps you can have several? - Wouldn't that be wonderful?

EDITED: I'd like to believe that there are true soulmates, but I can't. It would be so wonderful. But even the best of relationships are prone to misunderstandings and take such hard work... And sometimes you think that someone really "gets" you and likes you a lot, but as soon as your life becomes troubled (some people can't handle that) or successful (other people can't handle that), hey presto, see how they run. Which is why the concept of "soulmates" can be so disillusioning. You end up thinking "well, then why can't I have one? Where's mine!?" It makes you dissatisfied with what you have. At the worst, it can make people think, as soon as a relationship becomes a wee bit difficult, "ah-ha! perhaps my partner isn't my soulmate after all."
BINGO! I dont even know what I can add to that. :wink: Perhaps, I'd like to believe that there are more than a couple of people out there that you could have as a soulmate.