Thread: P Diddy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default P. Diddy

What's his type? i can't come to any real conclusions except for him probably valuing and ... LIE seems about right but any thoughts?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uaBBJGMrM98&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG37a4J90wc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PxF-pc8B_9c
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That or EIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think possibly Ti ENTp 6w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think it is clear that he values Se.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is he Se-valuing? I thought he might be beta/gamma, but I looked at a few pics, and he seemed much more integrated within his environment than an Se type would, so I'm not sure at this point.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf, integrated with his environment? Stop acting like Steve, lol.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems Se valuing to me because he was like the original paragon of the high life, big money, "bling bling" crap (and I mean the classy stuff, not the gaudy fake-ass gold chains people wore in the 80s, lol) and it's original association with rap. He is, first and foremost, all about his status (Remember "You Know My Name?" Yeah..) and being a "big baller" and shit; he tries to epitomize that in everything he does. The name changing stuff, constantly revamping his image, etc, is very Beta NF IMO. Plus, superficially, I kind of think he was like the Ni to Biggy's Se.

Maybe he could be IEI-Fe? Random thought. He doesn't seem obviously Fe-dominant; if he was EIE he would have to be Ni sub.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    He seems Se valuing to me because he was like the original paragon of the high life, big money, "bling bling" crap (and I mean the classy stuff, not the gaudy fake-ass gold chains people wore in the 80s, lol) and it's original association with rap. He is, first and foremost, all about his status (Remember "You Know My Name?" Yeah..) and being a "big baller" and shit; he tries to epitomize that in everything he does. The name changing stuff, constantly revamping his image, etc, is very Beta NF IMO. Plus, superficially, I kind of think he was like the Ni to Biggy's Se.

Maybe he could be IEI-Fe? Random thought. He doesn't seem obviously Fe-dominant; if he was EIE he would have to be Ni sub.
    It's called really good marketing/image portrayal. That's why he was being interviewed on that show "The Big Idea" in the first video, because of how good he was at portraying all that stuff and being a successful entrepreneur with it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and that lies more in the area of an EIE or IEI's strengths than an ILEs. Even if you say it was devised by people who work for him, it still is more of an EIE or IEI's lot to portray and be the "figurehead" for that kind of planning than an ILE.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly

Possible, but a lot of that is just superficial shit anyone can do in that industry.

And yes, Si people are integrated with their environment, whereas Se people seem more detached from it, like they're controlling it. Don't get mad at me just because you can't see it
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only things that are detached here are you and making sense

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I AM DETACHED FROM MY ENVIRONMENT AND EMOTIONS I DETACH SO THAT I CAN MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE I DETACH FROM MY ENVIRONMENT AND BEND IT TO MY ULTRA WILL CALL ME BETA

YOU KNOW THE MOTHAFUCKIN NAME
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you serious or is that supposed to be a joke? Because knowing you, I really have to wonder...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, it was a joke, i just felt like writing some random shit
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to make light of stuff you really believe (or try to)? Man, talk about repression...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Trying to make light of stuff you really believe (or try to)? Man, talk about repression...
    *snorts at insipidity*
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rofl, run out of shit to say much?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u watch the first video its pretty obvious he values /.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't watch any of those videos, but I remember one way back where he talked about starting small and taking risks to blow up like he did career wise. I get a gamma extravert feel, based on that memory of something I saw and payed mild attention to all those years ago.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    And yes, Si people are integrated with their environment, whereas Se people seem more detached from it, like they're controlling it. Don't get mad at me just because you can't see it
    Gilly I think you're perfectly capable of seeing this. Just imagine it in your head - one person looks at a lake and moves on, while the other is in the lake feeling the ripples and moves around within it, letting the immersed experience build over time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI 6w5

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESE-Fe 3w4 sp/so

FeSi: Aptly expressed and reflected the values of mainstream rap....too conventional in his cognition for FeNi. He doesn't embody and translate the feelings of the rap culture with the intensity, passion and prophetic touch FeNi (2pac) does .

3w4's calculated-self-confident gestalt is the best fit for P Diddy's enneagram type. SP/SO

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    ESE-Fe 3w4 sp/so

FeSi: Aptly expressed and reflected the values of mainstream rap....too conventional in his cognition for FeNi. He doesn't embody and translate the feelings of the rap culture with the intensity, passion and prophetic touch FeNi (2pac) does .

3w4's calculated-self-confident gestalt is the best fit for P Diddy's enneagram type. SP/SO
    EDIT: added source for quote

This seems like a very shallow means of typing. "X is too conventional; therefore he is FeSi". The biggest problem with this is that the idea of "conventional" is completely dependent upon what information you have access to and are hearing. Where I live, the mainstream views are liberal - does that mean I'm wrong or conventional to be liberal? Or does it just mean that I have views that are similar to those that others have. How do you even know the process by which I came up with my own thoughts? Perhaps I thought of them independently and it happened to become more popular given the nature of the ideological climate. You're making a number of implicit assumptions (perhaps some justified but many not) when you type on this basis. It isn't so cut and dry as you present it.

Here are the other problems I have with this.

1) You don't know what his inner world is like. The idea that VI or a production meant to appeal to the masses can determine his inner world and cognition seems bogus. To truly know how he thinks and feels, you need to type based on data where there is no incentive for him to fake anything or present an image. You type him 3w4 as well who, in your own words,
    3w4s can present themselves as any type...
    , (https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-Questionnaire) so how do you know he isn't just acting or presenting an image that will gain him appeal by the masses? Isn't it only consistent with your typing? How do you know that his stage persona is the same as his real persona? Or are you assuming that the only types who would create a stage persona are Fe types? If that's the case, then I guess every actor/performer is an Fe type, right? /s

2) Ulterior motives for his actions. This is closely linked to the first point, but I want to make it explicit that there could be a number of reasons as to why he acts the way he does. Perhaps this "mainstream" rap is a way to get the most people listening => more money? Perhaps "mainstream" ideas lead people to come back more often since they aren't polarizing => more stable listening-base. Do you know if he writes his own lyrics? What if there's pressure from his label to continue producing the same "mainstream" music?

3) Mainstream isn't necessarily wrong or bad. Here's the thing: I know you haven't said that having mainstream views is incorrect; however, you've made it very clear in that past that if people have mainstream views, then you don't take them seriously as a person with independent thoughts. They essentially become a mouthpiece for ideological or generic opinions. But the issue is that, oftentimes, mainstream ideas aren't completely incorrect. Yes, they are usually based on some faulty assumptions, but the idea that people must be completely revolutionary in order to think for themselves is nonsense (you haven't actually stated this, but your words suggest it - let me know if I'm wrong). Most ideas are slowly developed over time with nonlinear connections being made to integrate them into the cohesive structure. "Revolutionary thinking" may imply that someone his an independent thinker, but being deliberate and purposeful in the ideas that you construct is by no means intellectually inferior.

EDIT 2: I realized that this paragraph isn't exactly getting across the message I want it to. Basically, what I mean is that people with mainstream views don't necessarily not think for themself. If you're just looking at the view itself, then it may seem like that, but if you look at the nuances of the view or why they have it, then the difference between it and the mainstream will be revealed. For example, two people may believe that conservatism in clothing is important. Perhaps the first person believes such because they were raised in an Amish household and decided to leave, while still holding some of the traditions. Perhaps the other person believes such because he believes that scant clothing is insecure in different neighbourhoods. Having a "mainstream view" means nothing if you don't know the process behind why that view exists. Making a judgment on the view itself is completely possible without such knowledge, but judging his personality for having such a view is not.

There are some people out there who just spout whatever "their people" want them to. These people are usually those who are either incapable of thinking for themselves or believe in the profit of selling one's soul to the masses in exchange for unduly compensation often in the form of money, societal acceptance, or power. Other possibilities for this motivation are less likely. I don't know how many people like this exist, but it seems to me like your method of typing assumes that pretty much anybody with any mainstream opinion falls into this category.

4) Lastly, I'm not exactly sure why you even associate "apt expression and reflection of mainstream values" with FeSi. Couldn't this also fall under people who are too stupid to think for themselves or people who are brainwashed by society to think in a certain way? Are those points equivalent to having FeSi ego values? Is it possible to be FeSi and still be intellectually competent, in your eyes? If not, then it seems to me like you're analyzing people in a socionics vacuum whereby alternative factors that contribute to the whole of an individual are lesser than the cognitive makeup from this abstract system.

I should also add that, in my opinion, saying things to appeal to a group is more about social fixation in enneagram than it is FeSi. FeSi is about the creation of an emotionally accepting, tolerant, and comfortable environment. SO has more to do with fitting into a group, seeking approval, connecting with others via ideas, etc. So, if your comments on P Diddy stand, then I would associate them more to his being SO lead rather than FeSi.

I'm not completely shutting down the possibility of P Diddy being FeSi. I don't actually know anything about him, which is why I refrain from giving an opinion about his type. This post is simply meant to highlight the flaws in this typing methodology. If you have an answer to my questions or can provide a justification for why your methodology make sense, then I'd be happy to listen and maybe even use it in the future if the justification is sound.
    Last edited by FarDraft; 04-08-2019 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added source for quote & added another paragraph
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE-Fe 3w4 sp/so

He could be ESE possibly, I'll have to watch more interviews maybe. I think he's IP temperament though.

I highly disagree he was 3w4 or had a 3 fix, I think he's just a highly skilled businessman and anyone on this site can be too if they put their dedication and time into efficiency r, we're all here to develop and grow.

Being a highly skilled businessman doesn't necessarily negate to image type. I think he's a 269 personally, probably 6w5 since there's a lot of head energy in his interviews, a positive 6 though.

I personally think Diddy is highly misunderstood.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I think possibly Ti ENTp 6w7
    Impressive typing
    I'm a terrible typist and I had only just come across ILE and specifically the Ti subtype recently, I would now place that first choice for Diddy too, it just fits tbh with how Diddys career went out.

If not ILE-Ti then LII or IEI

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sle ti sub. Diddy used to go beat the shit out of radio DJs to make them play more biggie

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-ego. Rappers are disproportionately Se-ego and Gamma (I guess the reason they're disproportionately Gamma is because it's a well-established genre and a certain subset of the population will always buy it, so it guarantees some money and Gammas generally love and think about money and favor working and conventional ways over unusual talent; hard work impresses them and they work hard themselves.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Sle ti sub. Diddy used to go beat the shit out of radio DJs to make them play more biggie
    EIE-Ni or IEI-Fe
    I think SLE rap figure is very rare, it's just different environments, situations and upbringings can lead to scenarios which may make a rapper look Se. There's loads of stories on rappers beating people up.

Diddy is surely an ethical Beta though, I don't see strong Se in interviews at all but he does value it clearly in his music

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE-N. He values Se but more importantly enterprising and making money, Te. He founded his record label at 23 years old and went after signing very profitable artists such as Biggie Smalls.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I miss Gilly & Strrrng in 2008.

Those days are gone forever. I should just let 'em go but...

/cue boys of summer song.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I miss Gilly & Strrrng in 2008.

Those days are gone forever. I should just let 'em go but...

/cue boys of summer song.
    Ahhh nostalgia for when I was still a lurker, i was shy and spied on you guys for a long ass time <3 haha absurd was my first buddy. That drunk ass polish crazy lse. Memories~

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either SEE or LIE

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always had a visceral dislike of him... he seemed sadistic and arrogant. Turns out he probably gave the order to kill Tupac, so I was onto something.
    Last edited by DogOfDanger; 03-26-2024 at 04:38 PM.