View Poll Results: My idea:

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is crazy just like all my other ideas!!!

0 0%
  • Is awesome and I will use it in my life!

0 0%
  • Its alright, needs work

0 0%
  • 115 100.00%

Thread: Which personality types are compatible?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Which personality types are compatible?

I think that the right personality types that are compatible are ones that are similar but different in the same time. They cannot be the same type, since it will result in boredom and lack of growth in a relationship. If they are completely opposite, they will get in too many disagreements, won't understand eachother and probably won't get along.

I think you must look at your two main functions to figure out what is your ideal type.

for example an ENFP's two main functions:

and

Now, that means that its ideal partner should have at least one of those as their second function, but not as its main function!

So, the the ENFP's ideal partner must have:

either has their second function OR as their main function

examples: ISFJ, INTJ

OR

the mirrors of the first main function, the mirror of the second function does not apply.

examples: INFP, INTP

Therefore, the ENFP's possible partners are: INTJ, INFP, ISFJ, INTP.

Using this system you can figure out what is your ideal partner for your personality type, though of course this is just speculation that I have thought of right now, so it might be completely wrong.

Anyways, everyone is welcome to post their thoughts on how someone can figure out their ideal type.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://the16types.info/articles.php?article_id=1

http://socionics.com/rel/rel.htm

EDIT, and an ISFps first function isn't Fi, it's Si.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    http://the16types.info/articles.php?article_id=1

http://socionics.com/rel/rel.htm

EDIT, and an ISFps first function isn't Fi, it's Si.
    oh didn't see that article and I made the change.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone hook me up with some good INTj/ENTp articles, or at least something like that, if you would. I'm busy right now, but.....

there's some unfinished businesss to be dealt with later. ENTps make me very wary these days
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

A wise woman of many married years once told me that having things in common is completely over-rated.

A wise man also of many married years (but not with the woman, lol) once told me that a happy marriage was made by spending lots of time together doing different things.

(Note the emphasis on difference).

I also think that appreciation is more important in a relationship than sympathy.

Being / , I could definately sympathise with an dominant person or someone with a creative function. However, I don't think I would appreciate them as much as they deserved. I'm more likely to appreciate someone whose strengths are my weaknesses.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and I appreciate a good BJ

sorry...... I don't know what's come over me lately.......
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    A wise woman of many married years once told me that having things in common is completely over-rated.

A wise man also of many married years (but not with the woman, lol) once told me that a happy marriage was made by spending lots of time together doing different things.

(Note the emphasis on difference).

I also think that appreciation is more important in a relationship than sympathy.

Being / , I could definately sympathise with an dominant person or someone with a creative function. However, I don't think I would appreciate them as much as they deserved. I'm more likely to appreciate someone whose strengths are my weaknesses.
    I agree with what your saying that someone should not be similar in personality for marriage, however if they're too different they will never understand eachother. That's why in my system, the person must have one similar funciton, but then the other function is completely different. Like since your / , that would mean you should date someone that either has introverted intuition like you Or has extravered feeling OR has either extraverted intuition or introverted feeling. Now, they can only have one thing similar because if they have both similar, then that would NOT work at all. You need to have one thing in similar to relate to eachother, but in the same time have something completely different so you can appreciate the other's strengths.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I did the above post.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Young_and_Confused

Your idea is not totally screwed, haha just kidding, chill out a bit
    I am thinking about such things too

I really see how it's easier to start a relation with someone like that you described, based on the similarities that both partners are conciously aware of (because you're talking here of the functions in the ego block, which are in the concious part of the psyche)
    And I bet it's mostly happening like this in reality. Socionics duality system is a bit idealistic, we all agree it is good, it is correct, but see the trouble is that it works at its best on a long term, and the world today ususally doesn't seek the long-term "solutions", it is always easier to go fot the short-term "solutions", simply because the effects are more rapidly shown, and that's the human nature that we are impatient and we want to see results "big grin". That's what an S dominant world does, basically (I guess). And socionics does warn us. Here ya go:
    "However, nature has played a little trick on us. It is difficult to notice your Dual partner among all the other types and even easier to pass them by."
    Well as you see it's a trick, practically it is required some time for such a relation to ignite, and also the effects are visible and constant in the long run, not like immediately.

My thoughts...in short, the world isn't perfect, concepts are perfect.

Creepy-

I'll also add that I don't think I could do anything for anyone with strong , although maybe for someone with strong (or maybe if they were from the right quadra).