0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tori Amos

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by littleblackcloud View Post
    Fiona Apple is EII - don't let the fact that both of them are singer-songwriters fool you

Anyway - I thought I might explain myself why I think she's not IEI. Purely coming from VI, she lacks that ethereal IEI look - to me, she looks much more like an ExE. What's more, she seems to be really working her way throughout her own experiences of pain, trauma, sadness and idleness. I find her much too 'scattered' to be that sweet INFp that everyone loves. If it helps - and I know some people don't like to type others through their work - her lyrics are mostly about personal experiences and stories, and a lot of the recurring themes revolve around personal transformation and catharsis. IEIs tend to write more about time itself, her focus is mainly on the tragedy of life. ExE from me.
    I like how you think outside the box. It's funny because I relate to so much of Fiona Apple lyrically. At one point watching her in an interview also, I could have swore she was delta NF, despite all the supposed Fe demonstration (so I actually was like...could she actually be IEE???). I also agree that not all rational types and EII are super stable/completely introverted etc. as people like to imply. I considered EIE for Fiona too due to potential Si PoLr with all her health issues. There are so many shades to all of the typings and a plethora of historical information backing why someone's type may seem different than it's more classical description. Very cool. From what I know she seems IEI to me, but I don't know a lot.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's a sensor, probably Se base. I don't see any intuition in her except that her lyrics try to be deep but they aren't really
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    I think she's a sensor, probably Se base. I don't see any intuition in her except that her lyrics try to be deep but they aren't really
    Yes because intuitives never try to sound deeper than they are lol.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's an SEI but I don't really have a reason why she couldn't be IEI. She just seems more SEI.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Dunno. Ne peeps drill through your skull. At least I'm hopeless IRL. Some assume so but then I'm like.. " d1z waz d33p?". I think I have acquired a skill to scare people with my ramblings.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitives don't need to try, our depth is enough suffering, and true depth is usually not appreciated
    Those who try to overdisplay it are probably not intuitives themselves

But I as Ne base have tried to mimick Ni base to impress a Se lead today, and it was successful, she was impressed and saved what I said cause she said it was intriguing
    It was pretty random to be honest, and it strikes me as funny how clueless Se base types are to any representation of reasoning beyond immediate experience

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitives don't need to try, our depth is enough suffering, and true depth is usually not appreciated
    Give me a break.

I don't see any intuition in her except that her lyrics try to be deep but they aren't really
    Perhaps you simply do not appreciate the depth of her suffering.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you simply do not appreciate the depth of her suffering.
    Actually I like her songs a lot, I think she is deep in her own way, but not in an intuitive sense

Look at this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWaRnJqkcC4

Pretty cute isn't it

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I like her songs a lot, I think she is deep in her own way, but not in an intuitive sense

Look at this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWaRnJqkcC4

Pretty cute isn't it
    Oh I’m not objecting to her type. I just think you should think deeper about what you’re implying here.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sf. I personally find her rather pretentious & annoying/not my cuppa tbh although yeah stereotypically I think she has a huge GLBT following. She thought saying that gay men were 'ears with feet' was the biggest compliment ever so she's kind of weird and full of herself. If she was trying to say that gay men tend to be good listeners, then why not just say that bluntly instead of trying to be this hippie artist or something? lol

To be fair, at the time - before the big explosion of gay rights.... calling us 'ears with feet' probably felt like you were Mother Teresa of gays considering some of the nasty psychological abuse gays went through. I mean it is quite sad how old gays felt like Judy Garland was defending us in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wauyHFqW0d8. But at the time- that *did* feel like love and support. LoL.

Her style and tone of music is clearly serious over Merry to me as well- it is really heavy on the Fi, I feel like I'm being dunked in Fi like an apple being coated with Fi caramel. I think she's probably gamma SF either SEE or ESI. It's too poetic try-hard which I associate with Gamma SF writing.

I like Aimee Mann better because I can actually understand her lyrics better or something and they aren't so annoyingly cryptic or super Fi-meaningful only to her. I mean they can still mean a lot to her, but Aimee is trying to make them more accessible to a wider variety of people so they can understand what she means better. It's more Fe and populist I think.

okay I'm tired and need sleep. I'm sorry if I sound too harsh or mean to her or whatever. I just never really 'got her.' I like Aimee Mann, Fefe Dobson and uhhh Sheryl Crow/Shania Twain lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12