Thread: Socionics.com type assistant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics.com type assistant

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r.html?

what are your thoughts on its validity and accuracy? what makes it better or worse than a run of the mill keirsey test (or anything else moderately respectable)? i've seen some odd and some accurate results come out of this thing, particularly ENTP and ESFJ interchangeability, and INTJ IxxJ. so are my diagnoses wrong or is this test kinda haywire?

Creepy-

I don't think it's you. I came out either estj or entj. I know I'm entp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type assistant

yeah, i had someone I know take it, a clear cut ISTp, which came out an ENFj. had me questioning everything. I think alot of people don't take it seriously enough or rush it.

A good characteristic is its scope. there are enough questions, theoretically speaking, to ensure high accuracy. the reversed mode is also a pretty novel idea because it seems to cover for some sort of conscious mask by making you shift this energy into the act of reversing your thoughts.

I came out an EN*p though, which really was very annoying(and probably quite common). They give you a tie breaker, but the tie breaker, in my case, relates to my point of least resistance and hidden agenda, which greatly influence our decision making processes. talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!

The best bet is to take the test and then just read up on socionics- you'll eventually narrow it down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must take BOTH modes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure if that was directed at me or not but if it was all i have to say is that, if i recall properly, i did take it on both modes. maybe the test has been updated since then, maybe not, but when i took it it gave me an EN*p after doing both modes.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I don't think it's you. I came out either estj or entj. I know I'm entp.
    I took a proper MBTI and all bunch of other tests as well and I came out ENTJ on all of them. I read ENTJ descriptions and they match me to the t. I've done blood and urine tests and they also show that I am ENTJ. But this is bullshit because I know I am ENTP!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I take Socionic Type Assistant, I come out INFp... I wonder why you guys are having problems.

One time I came out as ENFp on the positive mode, but afterI took the negative I still ended up an INFp...

Creepy-

I agree. I came out as INTp over and over again, and I've proved to myself that I am an INTp, so guess what? I'm an INTp.

Maybe that test needs some reworking, or perhaps we're all just doing it wrong.

Creepy-

Yup. Forgot to log in. That was me above.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid forum...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ive taken it like four times, always coming out as INTP, except for one time when I took it too fast and didnt make enough selections and came out as INxp, and they gave me they tie breaker and, which was very interesting. Frankly I think the response for INTP suits me better than for INFP.

I have a question for the guest who scored as ENTJ but is sure he is ENTP: I dont mean to butt in to your business or anything, but may I ask what makes you so sure you are P and not J?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychometric tests are a horrible instrument for measuring one's psychological type, period. The conceptions of the self can sometimes blurr one's type so much that it renders such tests rather useless, as it requires a thorough amount of OBJECTIVE reflection upon the self, which is generally a difficult thing to do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES, ESPECIALLY THAT.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Psychometric tests are a horrible instrument for measuring one's psychological type, period. The conceptions of the self can sometimes blurr one's type so much that it renders such tests rather useless, as it requires a thorough amount of OBJECTIVE reflection upon the self, which is generally a difficult thing to do.
    I completely disagree.

Psychometric tests are a very good instrument to measure one's type, because it gives an often very broad insight into the methods by which psychologists implement their own systems. Look at a test like a huge description of the types that you get to select the parts of which reflect you.

Of course there are shitty tests, but not all tests are so bad, and socionics type assistant is actually one of the better tests ive taken.

Tests can also be misused, if like you said, people's conceptions of themsleves cloud their judgment, but most tests make sure and warn you to not let your vision of yourself cloud your answers. If you want a good understanding of your personality then you can get past the blurry judgement.