Thread: Unconscious obsessions and hidden agenda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unconscious obsessions and hidden agenda

History: I had a horrible problem with anxiety which was extreme but went away almost completely for a while. Then I got it back lately, to a lesser degree. I went in for my scheduled doctors appt, and the nurse said something that amazed me that I hadn't considered before. Being an INTJ, I have as my hidden agenda, my subconscious obsession which being unbalanced can disrupt the whole psyche. Well, she said that she notices with cancer patients sometimes they get anxiety after treatment on a subconscious level because they are worried they might get their cancer back. Then I thought, the hidden agenda only comes up which someone else points it out, it is subconscious. I previously had ignored most of the subconscious blocks of the socionics model because I did not see them clearly, but now it has become very clear to me as an INTJ my health is very important only on a subconscious (and anti-conscious) level. How about that!!
    BTW I had testicular cancer about 6 weeks ago, had two surgeries and chemo and it seems to be all gone.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about that. I find that when one mentions your hidden agenda, especially if they're addressing it directly, one tends to deny that one has any such agenda at all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. That sounds more like superego (doesn't want help) than superid(wants help) to me.