Thread: Why are so few ESTjs interested in socionics?

Creepy-Diana

Default Why are so few ESTjs interested in socionics?

Last edited by tereg; 05-07-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Edited by user request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There has never been an estj here that I can remember.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the only types that never had posters that might be considered regular are ESTj and ESFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm :wink: why don't they post? I'd like to hear what they say...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, those are the two types least likely to be interested in socionics. ESFp even less than ESTjs.

The average ESFp would not be inclined to (1) spend much time discussing ideas on an internet forum, (2) feel the need to, or have interest in, understanding what makes other types tick, or how interpersonal relationships work - they tend to think that they've already figured it all out, and that types very different from themselves are simply not "normal".

I think that the idea that an INTj - for instance - might be as legitimate a type as themselves would be very difficult for them to grasp. Especially as there probably are far more ESFps around than INTjs, and society is far more ESFp- than INTj-oriented.

I think the same applies to ESTjs, but to a lesser extent.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a friend who is estj. totally uninterested in personality theory. she can't see the point of it. it's rather an abstract thing, so maybe that's the reason. now, knowledge that is 'real', practical, applied - those she's interested in. i think she secretly thinks it's not a very credible theory - it's psychology, you know.

the esfj friend, though ordinarily uninterested in abstract knowledge, is surprisingly more interested to hear about personality theory. she wouldn't go and study it herself, but she asks me questions and listens. she's interested to know if it would help her understand her fiancee better, mostly. the good thing about her is that she listens well, and therefore has managed to know me better than most. she was the first to notice that since i started working, i've really worked on my Fe. and anyway, most of my progress in that was from observing her. working life only forced me to practice it much more.

my third best friend is a bit harder to type, so i don't know if she's one of the 'missing' types.

Creepy-

My best friend is an ESFP and he gets annoyed and tells me to stop whenever I talk about my thoughts on personality types and how it works.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    My best friend is an ESFP and he gets annoyed and tells me to stop whenever I talk about my thoughts on personality types and how it works.
    lol, my ESTj friend does a similar thing, if she comments about someone and I try to explain it using socionics she refuses to listen by purposely getting distracted or interupting, she does this with other things aswell. I used to find it annoying that she would ignore me by doing this but I find it funny now hehe.

I have e-mailed her socionics stuff, articles etc before and said just read it, you will find it interesting, but she just deletes it without even taking a small look, and they say ISTp's arn't interested in socionics! there are plenty on these forums.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to explain things to others that are hostile about certain words it is only necessary to substitute terminology

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to explain things to others that are hostile about certain words it is only necessary to substitute terminology
    Haha. I did that to my ESTj friend. She thought personality theories were nonsense, and she thought she was ENTp. Haha. She thinks that F types were silly. I told her, "Hey you're ESTj. Do you want to know what type probably suits you best?" She was all ears. So I said, "It's the INFj. Most of these guys are psychic, they can feel what you feel." "Hey I want an F type now!" Heh. Then she was totally into it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-The-Lion
    Yeah, you can break through a barrier to someone by substituting teminology and approaching a subject from a different angle, but it only works upto a point. If someone has no interest in others perceptions and thoughts, they will switch off to it, when they realise exactly what you are talking about, unless you manage to inspire them before they apply their pre-determined judgement that they are not interested.

This is precicely what I mean, the moment my ESTj friend knows I am talking about anything even remotely related to psychology, she will switch off to it as she "is not interested in psychology", even though im sure she would find it interesting. I feel this is a weak point of ESTj's, they can be very quick to dismiss information, especially when it comes from someone of lower social status, they listen to and give more weight to information and opinions of people of higher social status.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    This is precicely what I mean, the moment my ESTj friend knows I am talking about anything even remotely related to psychology, she will switch off to it as she "is not interested in psychology", even though im sure she would find it interesting. I feel this is a weak point of ESTj's, they can be very quick to dismiss information, especially when it comes from someone of lower social status, they listen to and give more weight to information and opinions of people of higher social status.
    i find this in my friend as well. she tends to give more weight to established or endorsed/'acceptable' fields of knowledge.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine an ESTj walking into this conversation...

I can't.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm... i can, though. i'd have to wait a bit for her to stop being upset. it's a 50-50 thing, i expect. either she'll think, 'well, i do do that, and what's wrong with it?' or she might simply deny it and refuse to talk about it.

i don't post anything about my friends that i won't say to their face. generally, she trusts, or at least tolerates (depending on how far out it is from her belief set), my analyses.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    I feel this is a weak point of ESTj's, they can be very quick to dismiss information, especially when it comes from someone of lower social status, they listen to and give more weight to information and opinions of people of higher social status.
    Well, my father is like that.
    So was my ISFp father.

Rather than being an ESTj thing, I think it may have to do with having as 7th or 8th function.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Are there any on the forum at all? Just curious. Also, anyone notice what other types are missing?
    well, it seems NTs and NFs are the rule on this forum. STs and SFs are in minority. They are too busy with practical things, it doesn't come in handy for them to see things beyond the surface, like N types do :wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, there are more ISTps on here than there are INTps (by Cone's count).

And Mercutio might be an ESTj.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

knowing how people think isn't pratical?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite, because it is subjective, the interpretation of attitudes, human behaviour in general, what I meant by practical is a trade or something with an objective result.

Creepy-

Knowing what a person is good at isn't practical. It doesn't have practical results?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it has a practical result, but it shows after a longer period of time and it isn't even sure if it pays.

Well Rocky you are an exception around here :wink: Glad to have you here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think that the only types that never had posters that might be considered regular are ESTj and ESFp.
    I have two ESTj friends. One of them isn't even a little bit interested in personality types, psychology or anything like that. He thinks anything except engineering, technology and fishing is bs and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Another is actually very interested in talking about personality theories but is not very much into communicating via web or phone or anything else but direct real life communication. I have never seen him write longer email than two lines. But he might well be reading these forums.

I think some ESFps could be interested in socionics. But they too would most probably want to talk about it instead of writing and reading about it.

Are there any ESFjs here btw?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two supposably welcome

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a possible ESTj, albeit a sloppier one.

Much in the socionics ESTj profiles I have read on this domain and others resonates within me, at least in regards to my attitudes about society and my work behaviour. I'm a bit confused on the nature of the ESTj's personal time, however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

force my hand wrote:
    I'm a possible ESTj, albeit a sloppier one.

Much in the socionics ESTj profiles I have read on this domain and others resonates within me, at least in regards to my attitudes about society and my work behaviour. I'm a bit confused on the nature of the ESTj's personal time, however.
    Hi,
    did you read the thread I started? And, what exactly are you confused about ESTJ's personal time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sound of the wind*

I guess the person left . Oh well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanum
    *sound of the wind*

I guess the person left . Oh well.
    I can't always respond in a timely manner, but I will try to check back periodically for replies.

I may have read your thread; I browsed a few before resurrecting this one. Many profiles and discussions center on work-related behaviour, however, very little that I've seen has much to say about how they fill their free time, their thoughts 'in stasis', if you will - at least in any concrete terms that doesn't a require stretch to make it fit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    Imagine an ESTj walking into this conversation...

I can't.
    *Nick the ESTJ walks in the room* "Hey guys what's up?"

*Nick the ESTJ walks out of the room*

soooo many old threads to bring up, I better get to work!