Thread: Superficial Charm Poll

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Superficial Charm Poll

Superficial. Charming. "Ignorance is bliss." Well-dressed.

I'm thinking of the "Charro" type. Or Latoya Jackson.

SEE? SEI? What do you think?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    Superficial. Charming. "Ignorance is bliss." Well-dressed.

I'm thinking of the "Charro" type. Or Latoya Jackson.

SEE?
    Um, the type that shouldn't be supervising me?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say SEE between those two, partly because I don't see SEI as (don't want them to be?) superficial.
    ILE - Ti.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of idiot could say ignorance is bliss? I only agree with it in very few cases.

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention"
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    What type of idiot could say ignorance is bliss? I only agree with it in very few cases.

+1

As to the poll question I think SEE could be the most superficially charming type, though I see it all the time in an SLE i've been around in school.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to socionics, this idiot would say ignorance was bliss.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    When it comes to socionics, this idiot would say ignorance was bliss.
    TOUCHÉ MADEMOISELLE
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    This idiot breathes a fervent amen, Jem.
    Thankyou. Idiocy loves company.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're trying to be contradictory?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of idiot could say ignorance is bliss?

there are few greater truths.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometime I'm taxed by the great weight of my profound knowledge and I wish it would all go away. It's very hard experiencing the world in a way that is as naturally omniscient as my perspective. If only I were ignorant and my god-like vision would rest for even the merest blink of an eye I could find peace.

Nick and Hitta know what I'm talking about.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Nick and Hitta know what I'm talking about.
    ingredients: water, sucrose syrup, high fructose corn syrup (glucose-fructose syrup), citric acid, natural lemon and lime flavors with other natural flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, glycerol ester of wood rosin, yellow 5.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, there's plenty of stuff to get upset about, if that's what you're looking for. That doesn't sound like a very enjoyable way to live though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sure, there's plenty of stuff to get upset about, if that's what you're looking for. That doesn't sound like a very enjoyable way to live though.
    This could be an ideological difference, but I want to change the status quo, at least in the way of universal justice.

For example, some people take the notion that we should get resources any way we can, by installing pro-American dictators in one century and handing out smallpox-infected blankets in another. I would say this is the "If it helps American interests, it's all good" tent. I would be in the other tent, the group that considers the social and moral consequences of these actions. Things like this have been occurring for hundreds of years, and I don't consider it right and/or fair to others.

I don't stand for injustice to other people if it can be helped, and it usually can be. I'd rather focus on the injustices in the world than burp and say all is good.

Some people will say that I don't know how the world works and that I am naive. I simply haven't accepted injustices as correct.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    You're putting people in two black and white catergories, plus you're implying that people who don't support you are murderers. And you're drastically simplifying, disorting, and misrepresenting the issue.

You sound overly self righteous and judgemental. Not every single injustice in the world can be helped. People have unfair things happen to them all the time, and it's often not one person or group's fault, but a whole string of circumstances that lead to the issue and cannot be so easily corrected by somebody coming in and saying "I ahbor and will fight injustice blah blah". What good is that actually doing? Until you demonstrate that you are actually doing something about whatever problem, you do others a disservice by catergorizing them in such an ignorant manner.

I don't see how you can accept the world in such a dogmatic, black and white way, but whatever.
    I believe it is because Kam is an ethical type, so he will make moral value judgments as he sees the need arise and respond compulsively. You are a logical type, so you will require a logical basis and refuse to accept an absolutist construct in the absence of absolute reason.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're putting people in two black and white categories, plus you're implying that people who don't support you are murderers. And you're drastically simplifying, distorting, and misrepresenting the issue.
    Fill me in. I'd love to hear you expound these issues. Unfortunately, you yourself are guilty of what you are accusing me of, by drastically simplifying, distorting, and misrepresenting the issue.

How much recent world history have you read Dolphin? And I'm not talking about Iraq or even Vietnam, I mean the trail of blood that we've been drawing ever since we've landed here. But that is not my point, to rail against indian murders and slavery. The native american issue is very muddled and technically we needed to expand ourselves. But this is an entirely different story.

America has been intervening in world affairs since the Monroe doctrine. We support democracy, yet Britain and us have installed dictators in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and elsewhere. I don't think the Saudi nationals are too happy about this. We have held bloody coups in Grenada, Iran, Nicaragua, etc. Why do we do this Dolphin? Why? It's not just for fun, it's for the "gain" of American interests. And if people suffer, so be it. They're not American.

We should have no right to encroach on others personal rights, but we do, year after year. And we have become so attuned to it that we believe that we are installing democracy in these states, when history tells us otherwise.

People have unfair things happen to them all the time, and it's often not one person or group's fault, but a whole string of circumstances that lead to the issue.
    I agree. 9/11 didn't come out of nowhere, and they don't just hate our freedom, it was our cavalier attitude towards their well-being that pissed them off so much. As I stated before, the killing of innocents is intolerable, be they American or others.

All in all Dolphin, there is a lot of background that needs to be covered before we can talk.

I believe it is because Kam is an ethical type, so he will make moral value judgments as he sees the need arise and respond compulsively. You are a logical type, so you will require a logical basis and refuse to accept an absolutist construct in the absence of logic.
    My argument is not without logic, even though my compassion towards all humans might take a bit of ethics. But we are not all so gifted, as the record shows.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think that your being upset will improve things, then I suppose it is your imperative to do so.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/