Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to find/spot LSIs-ISTjs: observations, stories, experiences

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to find/spot LSIs-ISTjs: observations, stories, experiences

If you were in a room full of people and you would talk to many of them, then how would you know which ones were ISTjs?

There is surprisingly little information about this type in here. Especially compared to INTj. :wink:
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- quiet, not outspoken, yet not insecure at all when needing to speak
    - very solid
    - socially confident, even if quiet
    - friendly, but again in a quiet way
    - may keep a bit of a smile, but not given to extravagant displays of emotion
    - poor understanding of irony and sarcasm - will likely avoid using them
    - not likely to lose temper
    - self-control
    - may be playful, but not touchy-feely
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, the traits above would also be seen in sensory subtype ISFjs -- I find it difficult to tell them apart visually or when first meeting them. It takes getting to know them a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister in law is ISTj, very clearly to me, and Expat's descriptions fits her very well. I'll add the Se predominance, a decisive and uncompromising person, self-confident, always appears mobilisied innerly as if a catastrophe is about to happen. She almost never smiles, not in my presence. I think the ISFjs smile or laugh more.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to know more about ISTjs just to know if the description fits me. But now I'm thinking that I might know one ISTj. She gets almost only A's in school, she is very punctual and a true perfectionist, she believes in right and wrong (Quote: "I don't care about the how they might feel! Gay people are just unnatural.") Friendly and helpful, but just as long as it doesn't cause problems for her. Definitely makes future plans, not a feeler, definitely introverted. And she isn't like I would imagine an INTj would look. And she fits the description Expat wrote.
    PS! Sorry, that does sound like an MBTI typing, but I can't describe her as a TiSe...
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristiina,

What makes you think she's not a "feeler"? As far as it goes, your description could also match ISFjs. in ISFjs is most evident in a clear and rigid value of ethics and "right and wrong".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's too rigid to be a feeler. She barely smiles. When she is happy, she says something like, "I like being here", and then very subtly smiles. When she talks about her boyfriend, she has the same expression that she has when she talks about the geography exam. Nope, I wouldn't call her a feeling type. Definitely not , but since ISFj has , I can't say. Can't recognize that.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Creepy-pokeball

According to socionics.com, ISTj's have mustaches unless they decide not to. So Ive been searching for hot chicks with mustaches

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by socionics.com
    Male ISTjs often wear a moustache. If they do not have one then there probably is a logical reason for it, as in general they all agree that a moustache is a good idea. Their clothes are often clean, ironed and tidy. They follow strict styles, never being too flashy or extravagant. It is as if military uniforms were designed specifically for ISTjs. They take great care of their appearance and may criticise people who do not.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-pokeball

It was a joke, dork.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    She's too rigid to be a feeler. She barely smiles. When she is happy, she says something like, "I like being here", and then very subtly smiles. When she talks about her boyfriend, she has the same expression that she has when she talks about the geography exam. Nope, I wouldn't call her a feeling type. Definitely not , but since ISFj has , I can't say. Can't recognize that.
    Ok, based on that I'd also say ISTj. I agree that an ISFj would show more emotion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Ok, based on that I'd also say ISTj. I agree that an ISFj would show more emotion.
    YAY!!! I did it! I typed a person!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    According to socionics.com, ISTj's have mustaches unless they decide not to. So Ive been searching for hot chicks with mustaches
    LOL... Damn you! I just woke up and I'm still quite slow. When I read your post, I didn't realize it before I was already picturing her with a mustache. It actually almost looked good.
    Mustache is one of those things that you can hide behind. She wears very grey clothes. Can't even picture what the clothes look like. If she was a guy, mustache would definitely look "right" somehow.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Have to disagree

- very solid
    - self-control

They are very likely to lose temper!!!
    Can be highly deceptive, to get what they want. Even if this means having relationships--to get something beneficial (financial security).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Have to disagree

- very solid
    - self-control

They are very likely to lose temper!!!
    Can be highly deceptive, to get what they want. Even if this means having relationships--to get something beneficial (financial security).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gathered some personal observations of ISTjs:

ISTjs usually have a great sense of humor that manifests itself in teasing others or in keeping up running jokes. Sometimes they will tell jokes that are so obviously standard and cliched that they end up being funny anyway.

ISTjs don't particularly like disorder. They seem to associate it with carelessness and indifference and in consequence have a tendency to believe that how a person presents themselves in terms of outward appearance is a reflection of who they truly are.

Also, they can in fact easily lose their temper with individuals whose actions do not conform to their conception of proper behavior.
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    ISTjs don't particularly like disorder. They seem to associate it with carelessness and indifference...
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by tempus
    Also, they can in fact easily lose their temper with individuals whose actions do not conform to their conception of proper behavior.
    The last part more than the first part. I don't really see and ISTj exploding, but maybe more of a lack of patience for people that don't have the same views.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchInside
    Can be highly deceptive...
    I have already disagreed with this in another post. I think ISTjs are pretty straight up about what they think.

---

And finally, my own contribution:

ISTjs are very punctual... as someone stated earlier. They are dependable.

PS! Sorry, that does sound like an MBTI typing, but I can't describe her as a TiSe...
    MBTI, maybe. Valid information, yes. Who cares? Not me.

ISTjs are in many cases EXTREMELY organized. They have calendars that list every task they need to complete. They will check them off as they complete the tasks. I suppose it is the Ti having an impact on incoming sensory information.

Not all ISTjs I have met fit this description... (1) of them didn't (maybe I mistyped).
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlendieOfIndie
    ISTjs are in many cases EXTREMELY organized. They have calendars that list every task they need to complete. They will check them off as they complete the tasks. I suppose it is the Ti having an impact on incoming sensory information.
    No, ISFjs are often like this as well, and ESTjs and ESFjs.

I see that as a consequence of weak . They need to do that because otherwise they feel insecure about their ability to do things in time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTJs are probably the most homophobic type, considering their conflictor is ENFP. Not in the sense of actually fearing homosexual behavior, but more in the mannerisms of the ENFP. Also, they like dirty jokes. Trust me on this, my dad is ISTJ (betian, I know :wink: ...).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default istj experience

There was an ISTj man at the nursing home where I work today. He is the regional manager of the housekeeping business that our building contracts. He was an -subtype, and was very intimidating. He seemed easy going, and charming with words. But visually he had an intense, borderline threatening face, and a fake smile. He didn't seem pushy, but emphasized competence with his appearance, words, and gestures. His most articulate and defining moment was when he addressed the complaints of the nursing staff. You could see how obviously he seemed ready to discipline his staff.

He looked very similar to william sadler:

i'm convinced that the supposed beta population of this messageboard should leave beta in the stage of supposition in their search for type, and consider other quadras. I don't think you are tough enough.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTJs are a bunch of softies.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats my Dad incarnate

He often intimiates people. My dad is not soft, i have never seen him cry or get upset or anything lol. My mum says she can see he is getting a little frail etc as hes worried about loosing his sight but he would never mention his worries to us

He was a boss at his work and his underlings would refer to him as a hard task master i was told
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    they love fluffy bunnies and ice cream cones
    I like these things 2
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    they love fluffy bunnies and ice cream cones
    I like these things 2
    Can't possibly be type related, I like them too :wink:
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably whether you love them up your ass might be type related.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on FDG, we all know you love fluffy bunnies and ice cream cones too. Personally, I can only take them in small doses.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your experiences with LSIs-ISTjs

Quote Originally Posted by zillah
    I mean who loves ISTJs, for gods sake.
    So people, do tell, what has been your experiences with ISTjs? What makes them great?
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my good friends is tested as an ISTJ in MBTI. She is an introverted person, but when she is with people, she can be talkative and cheerful. She doesn't reveal much about herself in front of strangers and acquiantances, but when she's with me, she talks endlessly about stuff that interests her. Sometimes, she seems to be easily excited and talks incoherently. She is a very practical person and always dismissed my fanciful ideas as idealistic. She doesn't believe in luck and thinks that everything is achieved solely through her own effort. Moreover, she feels that hard work will pull her through no matter what, and praying and spiritual assistance doesn't help at all. She's a free thinker and doesn't believe in life after death. There was once she told me that she thinks that when a person dies, he just dies. That's it. She is also a frugal person, even though she enjoys buying expensive clothes from Mango, Zara, and Topshop, 'cos she feels that image matters and tells alot about a person. She was also the one who persuaded me to go for a corporate shot makeover with her as she wanted to look professional in her resume. Whenever I go out shopping with her, she would complain that I bought too many casual clothes and advised me that I should spend more money on office wear (even though we are still college students) instead. She would comment that I spent too much money even though I just bought around 2-3 clothes that I like. But still, I enjoy hanging out with her 'cos she is straightforward and honest.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like a lot the quieter ones. They always seem to have an hidden strenght of character and an uncompromising quality which comes out only in the very relevant moments, which I admire.

I despise the louder counterparts, in the male form generally. Loud, volatile, dumb, controlling. Just my personal experience with them, I might be wrong, the sample is limited.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I like a lot the quieter ones. They always seem to have an hidden strenght of character and an uncompromising quality which comes out only in the very relevant moments, which I admire.
    This I find to be true too. I sort of like the louder ones sometimes too if they are not in mode. I do not know that many ISTjs myself but reading around here it seems they are not that popular and I am not sure why.

Some of the ISTjs that I know, particularly my supervisor at work, have a tendency to give me advice I never asked for and tend to transfer their wisdom in a fashion that feels like they're talking down to me. My supervisor's tone of voice always has this sort of implied "if you weren't such a fucking dumbshit with no common sense, then you'd know that xyz is the solution." However, I know other ISTjs that have a sense of feeling about them and are very respectful in their treatment of others. There was a civil engineer that I used to know that I'm pretty sure was an ISTj, and he really was someone that I looked up to because he was rational in a detached way that I liked. He also loved restoring old cars and training hunting dogs.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I adore ISTjs...
    it's true.

My dad is one, my best friend is one, and my other close friend is one. =) They are nothing like the bad stereotypes. They have this super cute hidden playful side that they always show around me.. yet others only see their uncompromising, strict & serious side. They tend to be conservative in beliefs and dress code, yes, but other than that -- they accept my wild Ni ramblings and Fe spewings with pleasure and I enjoy their Ti and Se.

I love how they remember the little details that I always forget. They ground me. I seem to be able to talk to them about anything weird and random, and they accept it in a way that is different from other types, for example an ENFp would be able to talk well with me randomly in regards to using their Ne, but the ISTj just offers something the ENFp does not. Though we are so different, it is entirely complementary and comfortable.

I also like their reservedness and determination. They can set their minds to something and DO it. No backing down, and veryyyyyy reliable. I loveee that. I talk as if they were my Dual ;P haha. They also have this crazy whacko shit side that comes out too! They'll all of a sudden scream&yell emotionally over something.. my bestfriend screamed over some test she messed up on. It is hilarious to me. Everything they do makes me laugh and they're not even trying to make me laugh. <3

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed reading this thread, & thought it was all very accurate. Nice to hear that people can see so much interest and good in ISTJs.
    female ISTj, sensory subtype

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@eunice: yes that sounds like a good example of a Socionics ISTj. I think that ISTJ=LSI is the most often correct case of MBTI-Socionics correlation.

My personal experiences with ISTjs:

- one of my closest and most constant personal friends, for 13 years now. Reliable, solid, I trust him and he trusts me totally. He helped me through tough times. A hard worker and a devoted - if a bit controlling - father. By that I mean that while he's ready to spend a weekend fixing up the furniture of his ISFp daughter who moved out to study, he's also ready to give her a hard dressing-down for not giving "all her best" playing tennis - which she plays for fun, and he, to win.

- one of my parents' longest friends, basically the same as above, minor specfici details such as tennis etc.

- a previous boss: a nightmare. He basically decided very quickly whether you were useless or perfect in his mind. If then you were useless, nothing you did later could make him reevaluate that; if you were perfect, nothing you did wrong could make him change his mind. And he never bothered about telling people that he thought they were useless, until he destroyed them. His line of thinking seemed to be, "you are useless, but why should I tell you that or even show that I think that? It won't change anything since you can't change, since you're useless. I will just destroy you as soon as I can, which is just fair since you're useless." But until that happened, he would remain polite, friendly, and give no indication of his true views, since "nobody's honest".

- a present manager: he has some of the traits above but not as extreme I think. The big problem I have is to approach him with a new idea about something. His first reaction is to say "no, we can't do it" but I have learned that if I drop it then and later raise the issue again, he's more flexible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His line of thinking seemed to be, "you are useless, but why should I tell you that or even show that I think that? It won't change anything since you can't change, since you're useless. I will just destroy you as soon as I can, which is just fair since you're useless."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've twice had very bad experiences with ISTjs I've worked with. Maybe three times because people here typed a description of another person I haven't worked with well as ISTj.

They are extraordinarily inflexible. What they planned to do on Monday is what WILL HAPPEN on Wednesday, regardless of what happens on Tuesday. And it has to happen that way because that's what the employee manual says. If inanimate objects have types, employee manuals are ISTj. No point arguing with them because they won't budge. I want to pull my hair out just thinking about it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    If inanimate objects have types, employee manuals are ISTj. No point arguing with them because they won't budge.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I've twice had very bad experiences with ISTjs I've worked with. Maybe three times because people here typed a description of another person I haven't worked with well as ISTj.

They are extraordinarily inflexible. What they planned to do on Monday is what WILL HAPPEN on Wednesday, regardless of what happens on Tuesday. And it has to happen that way because that's what the employee manual says. If inanimate objects have types, employee manuals are ISTj. No point arguing with them because they won't budge. I want to pull my hair out just thinking about it.
    Slacker Mom as there conflictor, is there anything good about the ISTjs that you could see and appreciate? I was sort of hoping we could hear more about the better side of them too.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ISTj I worked with - she was the perfect person for her job. It was repetitive, but it had to be done very accurately and the same every single time. She really kept on top of it and the place ran more smoothly because of that.

I recognize her value, but she and I could not get along at all.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i, very briefly, dated an istj.

all in all, he was actually a pretty good guy, just not the guy for me.
    he didn't appreciate too much my spontaneous nature and actions, and he hated my driving Other than that though, he seemed to be willing to be patient until I "grew up".

He would have been willing to be a caring father to my daughter. Unfortunately, that seemed to include overriding my rules when it came to her. His actions would have completely spoiled her and made her demanding and ungrateful. However, those same actions with a different child may have worked wonders.

We had one disagreement. I had to tuck my daughter into bed before we could work on resolving that disagreement. During that 5 minutes time, he made some kind of decision and left without a word, and I never heard from him again.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    We had one disagreement. I had to tuck my daughter into bed before we could work on resolving that disagreement. During that 5 minutes time, he made some kind of decision and left without a word, and I never heard from him again.
    Holy shit!
    -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast