Thread: IEIs/INFps what is your MBTI type?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps what is your MBTI type?

so i have been typed as IEI (not by me) and I finally managed to understand that I have Te POLR yaaaaaay...indeed. I'm cursed...i know.

<.< now the question is how does this translate into MBTI. I have some serious doubts about being a J, more specifically INFJ. INFP maybe, ISFP more likely, IxTP is likely too...and sometime I swear ENTP descriptions fit me lol.

If we take the functions IEI should be MBTI INFJ...but thats odd cus I'm such a P..rocrastinator.

As the title states . What is your MBTI type IEIs?
    Last edited by Rim; 04-28-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Big5 rxUa|I| 6w7- 4 - 1 So/Sx
    = Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =
    Alignment: Neutral Good-ish / Snarky-Needy Bastard

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

descriptions are tricky, you shouldn't rely on them, honestly, most people are a bit of everything; I can, for instance be a romantic lyracist in my moments of writing and reading glory, however I'm not that type for all of the other reasons; for instance I don't value Fe/Se, I'm particularly not a victim type; I don't savor in the weakness of other individuals.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infp.

The J P difference between mbti and socionics is half overlapping. Half the time there is no change.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Infp.

The J P difference between mbti and socionics is half overlapping. Half the time there is no change.
    I think I'm leaning more towards IxFP too. INFP fits well enough if I consider that i'm a much older, cynical and desensetized one. Makes sense why i respond with sarcasm to idealism. I do test INFP almost all the time in MBTI.

<.< but how do we explain the massive shift in valued functions? IEI valued functions are Ni Fe Ti Se...which is basically MBTI INFJ.

= Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    <.< but how do we explain the massive shift in valued functions? IEI valued functions are Ni Fe Ti Se...which is basically MBTI INFJ.
    The functions between the two systems have different definitions.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFJ was the closest fit when I was researching MBTI. I've even participated shortly with INFJs.com forum and it felt like a good fit, while reading INFP forums I got an impression that most of them would be EIIs here. The INFJs have Ni as first function so typing as INFJ and IEI there weren't any contradictions.
    @Rim you had a few other threads where most of the types that were brought up were Ij ones, what made you pick IEI?
    Last edited by silke; 04-29-2013 at 09:51 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INTP

And Te-PoLR lets you see fairies.
    Reason is a whore.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<.< now the question is how does this translate into MBTI.
    There is no such thing, or it isn't needed. If you have found your sociotype, then that is your true type. If you want more information on your type you should just get to know more how the relationships work and model A in theory and practise, DCNH can also help understanding this more. MBTI and Socionics are basically trying to do the same thing, but Socionics captures the true, real types, so no translation needed.

Also remember that descriptions (if they are good) don't necessarily describe you, but they describe your type as it is commonly manifested in balanced individuals.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so i have been typed as IEI (not by me) and I finally managed to understand that I have Te POLR yaaaaaay...indeed. I'm cursed...i know.

<.< now the question is how does this translate into MBTI. I have some serious doubts about being a J, more specifically INFJ. INFP maybe, ISFP more likely, IxTP is likely too...and sometime I swear ENTP descriptions fit me lol.

If we take the functions IEI should be MBTI INFJ...but thats odd cus I'm such a P..rocrastinator.

As the title states . What is your MBTI type IEIs?
    When you get down to the molecular level I don't think it does translate, ie not just the dichotomies, but the functions appear to be defined differently as well. Bizarre thing is though that decent MBTI descriptions that you get in MBTI books you need to pay for (not internet freebie ones) tie in OK with the socionic descriptions ie IEI and INFP, so bottom line is I don't think i'd give myself too much of a headache if I were you over it.

It's a nightmare as well trying to get typed in MBTI for the above reasons and make a comparison to socionics, as intelligent quiet people most likely get INTJ or INTP in tests. I think the best thing to do if you would really like it clarified is look at decent MBTI descriptions as mentioned above and basically have to choose one.

PS There's been arguments made fwiw that MBTI is better able at representing the types as 'how they are' descriptions rather than the more somewhat philosophical descriptions of socionics, end of day neither here nor there just a different slant which might be interesting to the however who's looking into it/depending on it's usage, eg a decent MBTI description can give a better description of what that type behaves like at work or something, anyway that's a side order of fries tangent there.

BTW socionics is more complicated because it's got stuff like PoLR, valued unconscious functions, quadras etc, but when it comes down to it you still have to make a choice between one thing or the other, at least with MBTI you can pick a type description and just roll with it.

Oh I don't associate myself with the IEI type fwiw, but it looked like I could maybe kid on at least I could provide some clarification and type a lot of stuff on an internet site

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    INFJ was the closest fit when I was researching MBTI. I've even participated shortly with INFJs.com forum and it felt like a good fit, while reading INFP forums I got an impression that most of them would be EIIs here. The INFJs have Ni as first function so typing as INFJ and IEI there weren't any contradictions.
    @Rim you had a few other threads where most of the types that were brought up were Ij ones, what made you pick IEI?
    The guy who wrote WSWIKI said I am IEI. To be honest it took a long time to get it down to two types ESI or IEI. Its one of those two. In the MBTI I'm more of a ISFP who could pass easy as INFP. Not artistic thou and I don't write poetry meh, mbti descriptions kind of suck.
    Last edited by Rim; 04-30-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the official (ahem!) MBTI® personality assessment instrument twice. First I got ENTP, then INFP a few years later.

I always thought there was a problem with these types. The MBTI INFPs have Fi as their leading function and they look like some kind of "irrational EIIs". Maybe IEI-Fe will more often score as INFJ while IEI-Ni will be INFP ?

I saw many famous people typed as (MB)INFP and IEI, like Bjork, Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Albert Camus.

Anyway, I want to forget MBTI...

Now that I know the existence of socionics, I can finally be Intuitive dominant, Introvert, AND and Irrational if I want...

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    I took the official (ahem!) MBTI® personality assessment instrument twice. First I got ENTP, then INFP a few years later.

I always thought there was a problem with these types. The MBTI INFPs have Fi as their leading function and they look like some kind of "irrational EIIs". Maybe IEI-Fe will more often score as INFJ while IEI-Ni will be INFP ?

I saw many famous people typed as (MB)INFP and IEI, like Bjork, Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Albert Camus.

Anyway, I want to forget MBTI...

Now that I know the existence of socionics, I can finally be Intuitive dominant, Introvert, AND and Irrational if I want...
    True MBTI did shit with the introverted types. It's also idiotic to use extroversion/introversion as a bipolar system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    It's also idiotic to use extroversion/introversion as a bipolar system.
    Right now I don't see the difference between MBTI and socionics on this aspect. I would say that E/I is bipolar in socionics too.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INxP.

Edit: I'll be IEI for this post.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Right now I don't see the difference between MBTI and socionics on this aspect. I would say that E/I is bipolar in socionics too.
    It is obviously in the nomenclatur but when you read for example type decriptions for many types it's not obvious if they are introverts or extroverts in "real" psychology. I strongly believe that introversion and extroversion is normal distributed(bell curve)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    It is obviously in the nomenclatur but when you read for example type decriptions for many types it's not obvious if they are introverts or extroverts in "real" psychology. I strongly believe that introversion and extroversion is normal distributed(bell curve)
    I agree, This is one reason why I only read about socionics now. My behavior is 50% extraverted. So, adding this factor to the J/P switch in introverted types, in MBTI I could be any of the 8 N types.