Quote Originally Posted by Megan
Quote Originally Posted by niveK

Because the PoLR doesn't suddenly stop being the PoLR because it's been developed. There's more to the ordering of the functions than how strong each one is. One can develop any function, but they'll still have some characteristics associated with that function being in a "weak" part of the psyche.
Sorry niveK, I am not sure what your assumptions are based on.

Please explain particularly:

One can develop any function, but they'll still have some characteristics associated with that function being in a "weak" part of the psyche.

I agree that it is unlikely that the fourth function would be completely developed. However I am not certain if I can make a definate statement about this with no evidence. Please tell me how you can be so confident about your above statement.
I'm basing it on my understanding of the model of the psyche used to illustrate the organization of functions in a particular type. It makes more sense to me that a function would normally appear weak as a result of it's location in a "weak" part of the psyche (which would make it more unnatural and difficult to develop) than a function manifests itself as a certain place in the psyche because it is measurably weak.

I myself am something of an example. I test strong for Se, as it was developed out of necessity and nuture, but it still manifests itself as my PoLR, as I find it unnatural and somewhat uncomfortable to use, even though I have developed it (or so the tests say).