1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-removed. Reply not relevant to topic-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most interesting place to see stereotypes is at the movies. There you see characters stripped to the bare essentials often. You get the nerd who marries the beautiful vixen or the tough guy saving the damsel. I think movies and television have been the biggest promoters of stereotypes than just about any other medium. We have been conditioned by the media to see people in ways that only represent a small part of who the person really is.

I like old movies from the 30s and 40s that used alot of thinking women and feeling men. There was all this snappy dialogue and intellectual play. There was a code of ethics that kept men and women at a respectful distance.

Todays movies try to incorporate more sides to the characters Ive noticed. They try to show more complexed individuals than before and the plots are not nicely tied up but left more for the audience to decide. I actually perfer a moral and a happy ending though. I mean why spend a whole two hours only to end up with out any resolution.
    topaz

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

movies and education are the two main sources of cultural stereotypes, it seems, to me at least

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default On Stereotypes

I think stereotypes exist because basically they do reflect the truth much more than people dare admit. It is just that it is always only part of the truth and often heavily oversimplified interpretation of it. Yet if we could not accurately generalize based on just few incidents much of human life would be pretty damn difficult. In as sense even socionics is all about creating new stereotypes - we can only hope they will be more accurate than the ones we held before, and allow us to understand and predict people's behavior with higher degree of precision than our old common sense wisdom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFPs they think they are good people (sorry myself couldn't resist )

Creepy-

INTj's are brillant.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

enTjs are all cruel and heartless leaders who are mostly focused on making money and gaining authority over others. You dont want to be around them, lest they destroy your identity and self esteem but still need them to run the world.

ISFjs and INFjs are the self absorbed tragic romantics who take everything too seriously, act all special and need to lighten up every now and then.

INTps and INTjs are the impractical intellectuals who spend too much time reading and probably need to get out a bit more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lucy van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Why don't we put up a list of all the "type" stereotypes and have a good laugh?

INFJs they think they know everything (sorry CS couldn't resist )

But I do. I have to say that day by day I see the attraction of ESTJs all the stronger. Now I already recognize Lucy van Belt as my kindred soul.

All I need is a little love now and then, but some chocolate will do for now.
    Lucy Van Pelt

I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
    Lucy Van Pelt

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au..._van_pelt.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lucy van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Why don't we put up a list of all the "type" stereotypes and have a good laugh?

INFJs they think they know everything (sorry CS couldn't resist )

But I do. I have to say that day by day I see the attraction of ESTJs all the stronger. Now I already recognize Lucy van Belt as my kindred soul.

All I need is a little love now and then, but some chocolate will do for now.
    Lucy Van Pelt

CS, you must be just like my dad, infj. He worships my mother, estj, who is exactly like Lucy VanPelt.

I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
    Lucy Van Pelt

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au..._van_pelt.html
    Entp
    ILE