Thread: New test descriptions at socioninfo - EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New test descriptions at socion.info - EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

I am asking nearly everyone who comes acrost this to read these descriptions and to give input about them. They are test descriptions I am currently writting for the socion.info website on the first 4 functions. I plan on writting a description for all 8 functions in the near future.

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/descriptions.cgi

Please read the description of the type you think you are and give input ...

Creepy-pokeball

Way better than the previous idea. At least it is more objective. However, I do not agree with the majority of Te in ENFj and the part about "unsure of aesthetic understanding" in Si. I'm not sure if Im just the oddball or if it is universally true but I have better aesthetic understanding than 95% of the people that I know. I was usually the best designer in my drafting and landscape design classes afterall. For example, one of my designs for the Oregon State Fair a few years ago won for the class after mine. If this is not what the meaning in Si means then it should be clarified.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not bad. i recognise all the problems i deal with in myself as a result of weak Se - some still plague me; lack of discipline and shutting down when stressed in particular are especially difficult to control.

actually, if i'd known about this theory 10 years ago, it would've saved me a lot of time and introspection working these things out from scratch.

oh well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No

I find it written by the logical type - still too obstract and too intellectual, what is mention there some are close to the truth and some is very far from it. It looks like mix of something what is already known in socionincs with some form of subjective interpretation. Trying to use socionincs to explain things which socionincs is not capable to explain due to it's limitaiton. that's brief critic of mine, sorry.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default X

fff"fff
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default X

rrrrrrrrrr
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-

I like the description, but I think I would like to read about how the sub-conscious functions mainfest themselves. That would be interesting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just added those descriptions in the website formatted, they are available there now.

Also, I am currently writting the remaining descriptions for the subconscious functions. I am half-way done with them.

Creepy-

Awesome

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just updated the descriptions by adding the 7th and 8th functions, as well as a nice little note at the bottom of each page with considerations towards type that are confused with each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I just updated the descriptions by adding the 7th and 8th functions, as well as a nice little note at the bottom of each page with considerations towards type that are confused with each other.
    You refer to Te as the second instead of seventh function in the INTj description.

Creepy-

yeah some 7th or 8th functions are labelled as 2nd functions.

I like the new description of an ENFP and it makes me wonder if I'm an INFP. That description explains a lot actually, when I was younger my imagination was fueled from within, but now it has to be fueled from the outside world, ehh that sucks...

The weird thing is INTP and INTJ switched compared to MBTI and INFP and INFJ switched as well. Why is that so? I don't know which one to believe, since both the MBTI and socionics are speculation, but if Ni is the true INTP function and Ti is the true INTJ main function, they basically switched places! I am so damn confused, it contradicts everything I believed before!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! GOES CRAZY and jumps over a cliff.......

but bounces back up due to bouncy springly shoes I picked up Santa's house... :wink:

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Heh, I did the above post.............
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I spent some time doing typo fixes ... most of them if not all should be corrected.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Can you tell me what you think of my dilemna in this post being that you understand this a lot more than I do and you created those descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    I like the new description of an ENFP and it makes me wonder if I'm an INFP. That description explains a lot actually, when I was younger my imagination was fueled from within, but now it has to be fueled from the outside world, ehh that sucks... Sad

The weird thing is INTP and INTJ switched compared to MBTI and INFP and INFJ switched as well. Why is that so? I don't know which one to believe, since both the MBTI and socionics are speculation, but if Ni is the true INTP function and Ti is the true INTJ main function, they basically switched places! I am so damn confused, it contradicts everything I believed before!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! GOES CRAZY and jumps over a cliff.......

but bounces back up due to bouncy springly shoes I picked up in Santa's house when I visited him in the planet called Lilutinia in north eastern quadrant of the farshounder's galaxy.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Can you tell me what you think of my dilemna in this post being that you understand this a lot more than I do and you created those descriptions.

I like the new description of an ENFP and it makes me wonder if I'm an INFP. That description explains a lot actually, when I was younger my imagination was fueled from within, but now it has to be fueled from the outside world, ehh that sucks... Sad

but bounces back up due to bouncy springly shoes I picked up in Santa's house when I visited him in the planet called Lilutinia in north eastern quadrant of the farshounder's galaxy.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you take the ordering of the first two functions for MBTI at face value, than it's true: INTj in socionics - TiNe - is INTP in MBTI -also TiNe.

But that doesn't mean that a person who tests as INTj in socionics necessarily will test - or be - INTP in MBTI.

Basically you have to look at MBTI and socionics independently from each other.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-pokeball

MBTI, Beebe's, Beren's, Socionics... it gets confusing lol.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rmcnew

I liked the ENTj functions description, although I did not understand some of the wording - Ne and Ti are "something to be loathed"?

Also, maybe it's just me but I could never image typing myself as ISTj, although this may be due to my being probably intuitive subtype and already having experience with ISTjs.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    yeah some 7th or 8th functions are labelled as 2nd functions.

I like the new description of an ENFP and it makes me wonder if I'm an INFP. That description explains a lot actually, when I was younger my imagination was fueled from within, but now it has to be fueled from the outside world, ehh that sucks...

but bounces back up due to bouncy springly shoes I picked up Santa's house... :wink:
    1) MBTI and Socionics are not the same thing although they look similar. They don't translate into each other, they base the theory on different models.

You will notice:

MBTI ENFP: Ne Fi Te Si
    Socionics ENFp: Ne Fi Se Ti (Si Te Ni Fe)

MBTI INFP: Fi Ne Si Te
    Socionics INFp: Ni Fe Si Te (Se Ti Ne Fi)

MBTI INFJ: Ni Fe Ti Se
    Socionics INFj: Fi Ne Ti Se (Te Si Fe Ni)

IN MBTI, they give you an extroverted perceiving function with an introverted perceiving function (same goes for the judging functions).

According the Model A (Socionics), the perceiving functions will either both be introverted or both be extroverted in the conscious block (the first 4 functions, I put the unconscious ones in brackets). You can't have both Ne and Si in your conscious block, it doesn't work that way.

Extroverts have the convenience of the stronger functions matching up (note the ENFp example).

Why don't the introverts match up? We come to...

2) The J and P "dichotomies" of MBTI and Socionics refer to completely different things.

MBTI J/P denotes which function the types uses to deal with the outside world - the extroverted function (which is even extroverted for introverts).

INF[P] - FiNe(extroverted perceiving)
    INF[J] - NiFe(extroverted judging)

The J/P in Socionics refers to the first function - whether it is a perceiving or judging function.

The extrovert has an extroverted base function. The Exxj's first function is either Te or Fe. The Exxp's first function is either Se or Ne. For example:

ESTj = Te(extroverted judging)Si
    ESTp = Se(extroverted perceiving)Ti.

The same thing applies to introverts, the difference being that the base function must be introverted. Ixxj's have Fi or Ti as the first function - Ixxp's have Ni or Si.

INFp = Ni(introverted perceiving)Fe.
    INFj = Fi(introverted judging)Ne.

I hope that cleared things up for you a bit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    rmcnew

I liked the ENTj functions description, although I did not understand some of the wording - Ne and Ti are "something to be loathed"?

Also, maybe it's just me but I could never image typing myself as ISTj, although this may be due to my being probably intuitive subtype and already having experience with ISTjs.
    "Something to be loathed" simply means that that is a function that is disregarded for the sake of the 1st or 2nd function.

Yes, an ISTj may not see themselves as being ISTj, but an ENTj may actually come out functionally looking like an ISTj if one was to take a funtion-by-function type test such as the one I made or the function test over at cognitiveprocesses.com . I wrote that in that way so people can look at the information they get from these test objectivelly and correctly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I hate posting as guest ..

I ment ENTj, not ISTj ...

Expat wrote:
    rmcnew

"Something to be loathed" simply means that that is a function that is disregarded for the sake of the 1st or 2nd function.

Yes, an ENTj may not see themselves as being ISTj, but an ENTj may actually come out functionally looking like an ISTj if one was to take a funtion-by-function type test such as the one I made or the function test over at cognitiveprocesses.com . I wrote that in that way so people can look at the information they get from these test objectivelly and correctly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McNew,

What I found excellent is the precise description of the PoLR of each type. And the role function, too. Amazing!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really, it has to do with the placing of a dominant function. If the dominant function is a judging function, J type ... if perceiving function, P type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/descriptions.cgi

added 5th and 6th function descriptions ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the INFp profile and it is well-written and very accurate but I would like to draw your attention to the fact that INFp Ti was described as the "seventh function." That's basically my only qualm with the profile.
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rmcnew,

A suggestion - - as a 5th function in ISFjs and ISTjs also manifests itself as a need to plan their activities in the short term and stick to that - precisely because they are not very secure in their abilities to do thing in time. I think this is more obvious in ISFjs.

Perhaps you might add that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point and I think I will add that ... thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: everything okay now.
    "Wenn der Deutsche in einen Satz taucht, dann hat man ihn die längste Zeit gesehen, bis er auf der anderen Seite des Ozeans wieder auftaucht mit seinem Verb im Mund." - Mark Twain