Thread: INTjs: the most narcissistic type?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs: the most narcissistic type?

I have been told that ExTps are the narcissists among us... but I dunno. What's up with INTjs bumping like, every INTj thread they see?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, you see (i just did it, didn't i? got lured here just coz there's INTj in the thread name), INTjs simply LOVE self-reflection. we reflect on a lot of things, but most of all we reflect upon ourselves. not exactly narcissistic, because that implies self-examination with approval. and you can never bombard a theory with enough testing, so an INTj's idea of the self can never be tested against other INTjs enough - it affirms or discredits portions of the self-idea and weeds out what's basic personality and what's personal development and nurture influences. it's just irresistable.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's what I just said
    SEE

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    well, you see (i just did it, didn't i? got lured here just coz there's INTj in the thread name), INTjs simply LOVE self-reflection. we reflect on a lot of things, but most of all we reflect upon ourselves. not exactly narcissistic, because that implies self-examination with approval. and you can never bombard a theory with enough testing, so an INTj's idea of the self can never be tested against other INTjs enough - it affirms or discredits portions of the self-idea and weeds out what's basic personality and what's personal development and nurture influences. it's just irresistable.

Conceited, narccistic, insensitive, making everything about "you you you", or as it were "me, me, me"

Those very sensitives types seem to get me all wrong.

NOt that any of that is incoreect, really. Just that they have a problem with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTjs are self-absorbed, but that doesn't make them narcissistic =p

What do you say about this:

INTjs are actually self-sacrificing
    "Justice is my trade. He is capable of neglecting his own profit and safety when defending the offended."

To me narcissistic means quite the opposite attitude
    you have all=p

Creepy-

Default Re: INTjs: the most narcissistic type?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I have been told that ExTps are the narcissists among us... but I dunno. What's up with INTjs bumping like, every INTj thread they see?
    I confess that I am inordinately interested in anything related to INTJ-dom. I don't think it's narcissism, necessarily; it's more of a desire to understand who I am, and where I fit into the world. As you know, we INTJs often feel like we *don't* fit into the world. And our natural response to any problem that's important to us—such as our place in the world—is to ruthlessly and tirelessly hammer away at it until it makes sense.

The first time I was typed as an INTJ, and read the INTJ profile, was like a revelation. It was the very first time in my life that I had ever heard a description of a person that sounded anything like me. After every paragraph, I was like, "Yes! That's exactly it!"

When I sought out other INTJs online and started talking to them, I realized that they shared many of the interests, tendencies, and pains that I had thought were just my own freakish idiosyncracies. It's one of the only things I've ever encountered that gives me any sense of what people call "community". (That's always been a mysterious and suspicious word to me, but that's another topic.)

So, while I have a healthy share of skepticism toward the more theoretical aspects of MBTI, I do identify pretty strongly with my INTJ-ness. Narcissism? Hah. Narcissists think they deserve a place in this world. I fight tooth and nail for it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said anything about MBTI? MBTI is like chinese astrology next to Socionics.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Creepy-Airbag

ExTPs win.

Creepy-

Yep, ExTPs have to be the most narcissistic. INTJs can be quite stubborn know-it-all´s though. Couple of my best friends are INTJs, and they sometimes give an impression that other person is just stupid if not agreeing with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    Yep, yep.
    Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to Stern Resolve.

-iNtJ

that's what I just said
    ?
    Obstacles cannot crush me; every obstacle yields to Stern Resolve.

-iNtJ

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTjs may seem more "narcissistic" at first glance. Why? Probably because we are more apt to share our decision-making process with the world. We want people to understand us and there is no better way to let someone understand you than to tell them EVERYTHING. And, too, there is the issue of the "sacred inner world": the inner universe of our thoughts and dreams which we are the respective masters of. But I think everyone has issues; it's not limited to the INTJs.

Maybe it's becaues we work a little harder to vividly paint our inner pictures for you. We think that there is a "correct" way of doing things and we'd prefer to see endless reiterations of the "correct" way as opposed to seeing one instance of the "wrong" way. To make sure you're doing something the "correct way", you have to continuously re-evaluate yourself, to work through the neuroses that occur when something calls into doubt your idea of the "correct" way.

So maybe that's why we're considered narcissistic. ...Now there is the possibility of the xNTJ crosstype, but I'm not sure what they look like, really, or how they behave. Anyone got any ideas of what these people might resemble, or how they might act?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTjs may seem more "narcissistic" at first glance. Why? Probably because we are more apt to share our decision-making process with the world. We want people to understand us and there is no better way to let someone understand you than to tell them EVERYTHING. And, too, there is the issue of the "sacred inner world": the inner universe of our thoughts and dreams which we are the respective masters of. But I think everyone has issues; it's not limited to the INTJs.

Maybe it's becaues we work a little harder to vividly paint our inner pictures for you
    that's brilliant tcaudillg, you pretty much explained it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... INTjs are private and secretive persons. We don't share Fe information with everyone...

I noticed INFps and ENFps have this reaction towards me, laughing but not in a mean way and saying I'm endearing, but I don't even realize what I do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be sad, it doesn't bother me. I rather like it, to be honest. I'm sure your friend isn't bothered also. She just doesn't know how to react, probably, and that's why appears sulky instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Don't be sad, it doesn't bother me. I rather like it, to be honest. I'm sure your friend isn't bothered also. She just doesn't know how to react, probably, and that's why appears sulky instead.
    Thanks for that "INTj info." It fits really nicely. I hope you are right! She is still my friend, so that should tell me something!
    Yeah, I'll at least second that 'not knowing how to react/sulky' statement...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've dealt with narcissists of every type. Including an INFJ and several ESTPs. If my understanding is correct, a true narcissists actually hates themselves. I know I don't. Infact, the older I get the more I like me.

I'm very confident (but not over-confident) and some types who may not recognize confidence might see it as narcissism but I know I have a pretty healthy outlook about myself.

I do talk about myself a lot and realize I do it to relate to people. I offer analogies from my own life to show them I understand. Its also to show them the lessons I've learned from my own experiences, and sometimes its just because I'm nervous and uncomfortable. The older I get though the better my listening skills get.

I think there may have been a lot about me that appeared narcissistic when I was younger but I had no NT guidance to offer any advice in how I come across to others. I just knew I was different and somehow I seemed to do it all wrong.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do talk about myself a lot and realize I do it to relate to people. I offer analogies from my own life to show them I understand. Its also to show them the lessons I've learned from my own experiences, and sometimes its just because I'm nervous and uncomfortable. The older I get though the better my listening skills get.

I do this too. And my listening skills have improved as well.

Welcome to the forum, fellow female entp! We're a rare breed. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Blaze. Glad to be here

I was so happy to figure out that rather than a dyfunctional human being, I was actually a functional ENTP.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. i am very INTj. why did i ever doubt my type

yet i doubt this now as well

if more need to be said:

i post in INTj threads because i think its something i know something about. who wants to hear some dumbfuck talking about shit they know nothing about.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G

I was so happy to figure out that rather than a dyfunctional human being, I was actually a functional ENTP.
    very cute, very appropriate. welcome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G

Yes! Isn't it great to know you don't have a personality disorder??
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Yes! Isn't it great to know you don't have a personality disorder??
    Either that, or one DOES have a personality disorder, albeit conveniently named ENTp/INTj?

PS. whee, an INTj thread--needs bumping

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTjs: the most narcissistic type?

SEE