Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I disagree the link between looks and personality

Creepy-

Default I disagree the link between looks and personality

I don't think that an intuitive person looks a certain way compared to a sensing person etc......

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me, since the personality is in the brain, now facial expressions might be similar, but the way your eyes, nose or face in general looks is totally ridiculous.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I started this thread with the above post, I really have to kick the habit of posting first before logging in.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. It seems that having a certain style is unlikely to imply anything absolutely, though (because personality similarities might lead to similar taste in dress, hairstyle, etc.) people with certain types *might* exhibit similarities on a large scale.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps have this facial expression that says "there's something I'm not saying"

it's great
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that an intuitive person looks a certain way compared to a sensing person etc......
    O RLY? Have you seen the "Read before you post" thread? MMm?

ENTps have this facial expression that says "there's something I'm not saying"

Laughing it's great
    WOW
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Creepy-pokeball

I take it with a grain of salt. I do admit, though, that you can sometimes tell when impressions or emotive behaviors are made facially. For example, " large, straight nose" does not fit to me. It is small and straight. It is probably the smallest of all my male friends. However, "piercing gaze" does. I"d go as far to say "watery movement to see-through gaze." So, I guess my point is that I think some of the VI is helpful and some of it can error. I'm not one to accept that much of a margin of error available at all. Plus there are issues with race/ethnicity/etc.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Joy,

Are you talking about the "I want to be punched in the face" expression?

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio
    Joy,

LOL THAT IS FUNNY

I believe she is

Creepy-bg

I think it's a cumulative thing. Years of those typical facial expressions would shape the muscles in the face and body to produce a types physical characteristics. Another possible factor in the development could be lifestyle.

http://www.wilderdom.com/personality...rsonality.html

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    Joy,

LOL THAT IS FUNNY

I believe she is
    ahahahhaahahahahahahahahhaaha benny, you're so clever. You never fail to amuse me, and you're so so wise. I just adore you. It's particulary cute how you seem to respond to everything I say with the same attitude, regardless of the circumstances. You're so interesting.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think it's cute how you claim ownership of the topic of discussion in the chat. Adorable. What a great thing to own. Your mother must be proud.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's his type? He sounds kinda ESTj....
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj. The second quote in my sig is his.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all topics die the same way and this one is not an exception

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    mercutio should post more often!
    are you asking for punch in the nose?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reniarbon
    all topics die the same way and this one is not an exception
    yeah, with a post
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Bionicgoat seems to be on to something and makes the most sense.

If someone actually believes that your born with certain facial features because of your type, then that person got dropped too many times in the head when he/she was young.

I think that ENFPs tend to have a cuddly features because were always happy most of the time, but that's just speculation.

A serious T or J will tend to have rough facial features to do serious expressions for a long time and it would actually look pretty good depending on the person.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-pokeball

I dont agree. Im fairly sure that any type that lives in shit hole circumstance would have a high chance of being depressed.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I dont agree. Im fairly sure that any type that lives in shit hole circumstance would have a high chance of being depressed.
    What your saying is true, but that's not what I was stating. I've been depressed several times in my life due to bad circumstances, though I was just stating how the facial expressions are most of the time affect the facial features somehow in the long run like Bionicgoat said could be plausible.

Now, if what I stated isn't true, then the way you look is very individualistic and facial expressions due to personality express those looks in a different manner.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-pokeball

Every healthy individual has the access to all of the same expressions. The link he put up, while interesting and enjoyble to read, was rather weak in link and also refuted some of it's own claims (which I find good to see instead of portraying a single polar perspective).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    If someone actually believes that your born with certain characteristics because of your type, then that person got dropped too many times in the head when he/she was young.
    ... then I wonder how many times *I* was dropped...

... and maybe it's just that the people who don't believe it are blind. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy, in reference to Mercutio,
    ...oh? For some reason, that doesn't sit right with me...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    I think Bionicgoat seems to be on to something and makes the most sense.

If someone actually believes that your born with certain facial features because of your type, then that person got dropped too many times in the head when he/she was young.

I think that ENFPs tend to have a cuddly features because were always happy most of the time, but that's just speculation.

A serious T or J will tend to have rough facial features to do serious expressions for a long time and it would actually look pretty good depending on the person.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    ... then I wonder how many times *I* was dropped...

... and maybe it's just that the people who don't believe it are blind. :wink:
    My bad, I accidently put characteristics when I should of put facial features like how a nose is shaped or how big/small one's ears are.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Identical twins separated at birth and living in very different circumstances still look like twins. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Everyone's welcome to twist this however you want to fit your own theory.
    If type is determined by genetics, then they will share the same type. If type is determined by some other means, then perhaps not.

Just call me Captain Obvious.

Creepy-pokeball

Hello Capt. Obvious =D I wish things were that simple. It's not like in one person's signature here-- as easy as seperating the yolk from the white in an egg. But like I have stated before, I dont think it matters all that much anyhow. I have yet to see an arguement that is compelling enough for it to be useful or positive.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy, in reference to Mercutio,
    ...oh? For some reason, that doesn't sit right with me...
    And why is that, Rock Toy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becuase my intial impression of you was an ESTj. You haven't posted here much, but I don't think that it's that crazy.

BTW, you'd be the first "confimed" ESTj if I was right...

EDIT/// this, which you just posted, does indeed sound like an ESTj:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    IMO the internet can be a great way to meet someone... the form of communication allows for you to get to know people better than you could in person in many ways, and there isn't all that physical stuff to cloud your judgement in the beginning. But... the whole "online gf/bf" thing where there is never any intention of actually being together just creeps me out. And if it's someone you meet online and then meet in person right away, it's not really any different than picking someone up in a bar.
    I call bullshit.

There's so much information you miss out on, when you don't meet people in person straight away.

Internet dating is for those with low self-esteem. Or physical deformities.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Becuase my intial impression of you was an ESTj. You haven't posted here much, but I don't think that it's that crazy.

BTW, you'd be the first "confimed" ESTj if I was right...

EDIT/// this, which you just posted, does indeed sound like an ESTj:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    IMO the internet can be a great way to meet someone... the form of communication allows for you to get to know people better than you could in person in many ways, and there isn't all that physical stuff to cloud your judgement in the beginning. But... the whole "online gf/bf" thing where there is never any intention of actually being together just creeps me out. And if it's someone you meet online and then meet in person right away, it's not really any different than picking someone up in a bar.
    I call bullshit.

There's so much information you miss out on, when you don't meet people in person straight away.

Internet dating is for those with low self-esteem. Or physical deformities.
    Right.

Where that falls down is that I don't have a hidden agenda of Ne.

What you may be noticing is that my Si *has* increased. And along with it my Se.

Which would also be why there were some people saying that I was an ESTp earlier.

Just because you wish to have a confirmed ESTj doesn't mean that I am one. Although, I will tell you that you are not the first to call me up on the fact that I may be an ESTj.

I'm not going to disregard the possibilty. But I have not read anything strong, to persuade me that I could be an ESTj.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason VI doesn't sit well with many people is that it counters their superficial attempts at individuation. It seems a psychological necessity to differentiate oneself from others. This becomes harder to do when one applies to oneself the inborn instinct of pre-judging people based upon appearance -- at least for those whose perceived uniqueness is derived reactively as differentiation from others and not from a deep self-knowledge. (note the previous assumes that self-knowledge will uncover something unique. it will, but as a deepened refinement and not an 8th color of the rainbow.)

Upon a little reflection the above should appear obvious. But stating it verbally sometimes helps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well said

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    The reason VI doesn't sit well with many people is that it counters their superficial attempts at individuation. It seems a psychological necessity to differentiate oneself from others. This becomes harder to do when one applies to oneself the inborn instinct of pre-judging people based upon appearance -- at least for those whose perceived uniqueness is derived reactively as differentiation from others and not from a deep self-knowledge. (note the previous assumes that self-knowledge will uncover something unique. it will, but as a deepened refinement and not an 8th color of the rainbow.)

Upon a little reflection the above should appear obvious. But stating it verbally sometimes helps.
    I already thought of that before not agreeing with it in full. One issue is complexity. Another issue is the large margin of error. Another issue is ethnic differential. And then there are the ethical issues... I can think of more if you want. Overall, I find it counter productive and, quite honestly, really freaking creepy. Who wants someone staring at your face and looking past what you say/feel/think? I dont.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Jadae,

You're just paranoid.

People will form their own impressions of you.

Creepy-pokeball

Paranoid? How is the dislike of looking past someone as a whole and only at physical features being paranoid? Of course they will form their own impressions. I sure hope so because it'd be boring to have to do it for them =p but on a single aspect to explain the whole is beyond silly and marginalizes each of our beings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast