Thread: What's my subtype?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am definitely a logical subtype.

My intuition is scary to me. I never know how I will act or what decisions I will make from one day to the next. I consciously favor my logic when making decisions, and I do so rather absolutely unless the situation calls for an intuitive choice, or if the intuition is strong enough that I feel I can trust it. I use my intuition to understand people, but my logic is used to handle my intuition in the outside world. My humor here is heavily N due to the format on which communication occurs. Since I have as much time as I need, I am able to comfortably manufacture an Ne product and put it on display. In real life, I am less sure, and may be mistaken for an introvert, (namely, an INTj) if I am feeling very insecure. In this setting I use a cold, sarcastic logic to express myself. I easily get offended when people make fun of me, and I really don't care too much how I look. I sort of lazily compose an outfit and spray on some cologne, but only so I know I look okay and won't have to worry about that area of consideration when around others.

I also tend to speak catagorically and harshly, making quick judgments with an air of arrogance. I am not really arrogant, although I am intellectually and morally elitist, emotionally speaking. These prejudices rarely come into play in interpersonal interaction, unless I feel the person deserves it.

My Ne is only let loose when I am feeling very confident. If I am truly comfortable around a person, and feel accepted, the zany, random segment of my personality creeps out and slowly starts to take hold. Most of the time, I am a Ti man. Still, I am an ENTp above all, and Ne is still used in ALL of my thoughts an decisions, just not as strongly as say, Joy's. Joy is a split suptype, IMO.

If anyone has seen the excellent medical drama/comedy "House," they may see similarities between Dr House and I. While he is an extreme case in the name of entertainment, he thinks almost exactly like me. It is really weird. Kelly and my parents all say that Dr House is me in 25 years. It's great because he even looks ENTp, and is definitely a logical subtype. No doubt in my mind. I have never related to a fictional character as well as I do him. Great show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... you're an ISTp, and you know it. Stop trying to hide, "Mr. Eminem".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    ... you're an ISTp, and you know it. Stop trying to hide, "Mr. Eminem".
    Do you honestly think I'm an ISTp? I'll listen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I'd be interested to see you write a post on something like the word "city". Just something completely creative, and open to interpretation.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I'd be interested to see you write a post on something like the word "city". Just something completely creative, and open to interpretation.
    You can judge a person's type based on attempted creativity?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    You can judge a person's type based on attempted creativity?
    Extraversion/Introversion is one thing, I believe, that you can judge off a person through what they write.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word "city"...

I'll try to do it tonight.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use logic and intuition simutaneously. My intuition is a way of spotting patterns and breaks in patterns. When someone does something that feels like a break in a pattern, I examine it using both logic and intuition. Generally I have always believed that the more you trust your intuition, the more accurate it will be. This goes along with what discojoe was saying about using intuition over logic only when confident in the situation... if you don't feel you can trust your intuition, there's not much of a point in trying to use it. I think logic is more of a type of reasoning while intuition is a process of constant observation. The problem is that both logic and intuition are difficult to use when you're not objective, which is IMO why ENTps have weak ... it's necessary in order to maintain objectivity. I guess the key is balance.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My intuition is scary to me. I never know how I will act or what decisions I will make from one day to the next. I consciously favor my logic when making decisions, and I do so rather absolutely unless the situation calls for an intuitive choice, or if the intuition is strong enough that I feel I can trust it.
    ------------------
    I also tend to speak catagorically and harshly, making quick judgments with an air of arrogance. I am not really arrogant, although I am intellectually and morally elitist, emotionally speaking. These prejudices rarely come into play in interpersonal interaction, unless I feel the person deserves it.

My Ne is only let loose when I am feeling very confident. If I am truly comfortable around a person, and feel accepted, the zany, random segment of my personality creeps out and slowly starts to take hold. Most of the time, I am a Ti man. Still, I am an ENTp above all, and Ne is still used in ALL of my thoughts an decisions, just not as strongly as say, Joy's. Joy is a split suptype, IMO.
    After having observed your behavior for a while, this is almost exactly what I would have expected you to say when prompted to explain your real life interactions. My intuitive interpretation of your real life behavior, based on what I've observed here, coupled with my suspicion of your being a logical subtype, is the reason that I'm still not entirely convinced that we're not the same type.

Ask my friends, family, or classmates about my social behavior, and they'll probably give you a word-for-word description of social behaviors: "zany" charm (not to brag or anything :wink: ), random humor, and full willingness to do the craziest/stupidest/most fun thing that comes to mind.

Contrary to Joe, my really only comes out once I know someone, usually manifesting itself in intellectual discourse of some sort. I'm fairly confident in it, but I haven't yet developed it as a social function, which is part of the reason that nobody, even here, sees it much; I find and, occasionally, to be much more socially pliable.

You can have your thread back now.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have cast my vote: logical. That is all.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victory is MINE!
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I have cast my vote: logical. That is all.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logical subtype tries to produce the impression of serious person. It can be sharp, at times even unceremonious. It is confident in itself, he says rapidly, usually in categorical tone. It is superfluously categorical in its judgments, it has a tendency to tie by others its opinion. It sometimes seems energetic and self-confident. It is impatient and always it cannot listen collocutor to the end. He frequently is fascinated by something new, attempts to find to it practical embodiment. It actively and energetically defends its interests. In this case it can flare up and offend man, but, after noting this, he tries to correct position. It is very proud and it can be insulted because of the trifle, talk roughnesses, and it will be again affable and benevolent after a certain time. It is not predicted and contrasting in its behavior. View - first scattered, then testing, tenacious. The gait and the gestures sweeping, confident, but are badly coordinated. Poses free, flattened. It easily draws together distance, it can embrace, kiss collocutor.
    Fits me perfectly.

Creepy-msk

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeia
    So an INTj with an intuitive subtype would resemble an ENTp?
    An intuitive subtype INTj and a logical subtype ENTp are very difficult to differentiate.

yeah this is true. but they are different.

isnt it odd how the function you prefer doesnt determine your type?
    maybe not odd, but thats fascinating.

Creepy-msk

My intuition is scary to me. I never know how I will act or what decisions I will make from one day to the next. I consciously favor my logic when making decisions, and I do so rather absolutely unless the situation calls for an intuitive choice, or if the intuition is strong enough that I feel I can trust it. I use my intuition to understand people, but my logic is used to handle my intuition in the outside world. My humor here is heavily N due to the format on which communication occurs. Since I have as much time as I need, I am able to comfortably manufacture an Ne product and put it on display. In real life, I am less sure, and may be mistaken for an introvert, (namely, an INTj) if I am feeling very insecure. In this setting I use a cold, sarcastic logic to express myself. I easily get offended when people make fun of me, and I really don't care too much how I look. I sort of lazily compose an outfit and spray on some cologne, but only so I know I look okay and won't have to worry about that area of consideration when around others.

If anyone has seen the excellent medical drama/comedy "House," they may see similarities between Dr House and I. While he is an extreme case in the name of entertainment, he thinks almost exactly like me. It is really weird. Kelly and my parents all say that Dr House is me in 25 years. It's great because he even looks ENTp, and is definitely a logical subtype. No doubt in my mind. I have never related to a fictional character as well as I do him. Great show.
    i think the way i decide what subtype someone is is more value based than the behavior, though the behavior is indicative as it is of all type.

You are more Intuitive subtype than Logical in my opinion. Because i think your values are intuitive rather than logical. Values are separate from personality and from psychology. or rather, they are more complex than these.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regardless of an ENTps subtype, their foundation is still
    SEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12