Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rikku = IEE

I agree with Yuna as EII. I think she's a consensus leader type. She's the kind of person who completely lacks any sort of self-direction, but when she gets a hint of where something might be she follows after it with all she has.

She's the kind of person who tries not to take sides in a dispute, unless she absolutely has to. She's also kind of... a "go with the flow" kind of person in that she won't put faith in anything that cannot be proven to be effective. A creature of her times, you might say.

These traits are very prevalent in FF-X and X-2. If not for Tidus she would have killed herself to defeat Sin. Although she herself didn't have the answers, she was clever enough to hang on to someone like Tidus, who apparently did.

Lulu is IEI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the game. One of the easier FFs though.

One question. Where the IEIs at?

Just Lulu? She wasn't even that good. 'Cept, you know, the dolls.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tidus...postivist extravert, so one among ESFj, ENTp, ESFp, ENTj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Everybody starts out different and diverse, but to beat the best monsters everybody has to do everything equally well. More or less.

Which is also why towards the end Tidus cut out that jocky, arrogant straight boy attitude and became more introspective and Yuna also grew some balls. This is just like Japanese philosophy too though, so it makes sense they would make the characters grow and experience like that.

Anyway it was a fun game but I always had trouble raising my magic somehow. Like melee was way easier than magic. I don't like that. In fact, it seems in most rpgs there's always this imbalance between magic and melee. I mean you could get by with just raw strength so much then there was just this *one* boss that required a high magic rating to beat. But .... he was also skippable. (I think? Didn't you have to beat the boss at least once to unlock Nemesis. Because I did, and Nemesis was owned. Yeah, I have no life....)

Anyway, Quick Hit + Hastega FTW.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tidus simply should not have a type.

The whole story seems to be built around Yuna being an INFj. Talk about mega Fi, talk about someone needing a "Guardian". I don't remember much of the game at the moment, but I don't have a problem seeing her as INFj, at least in the FFX game.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lulu can be IEI because her themesong sounded like a total rip off of "The Young and The Restless" theme.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lulu was real cool, Yuna was pretty worthless for me in the game.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    bah, why didn't I say IEI for lulu? that's totally possible. and if I remember his character correctly, I'm confident about wakka being ESE, and I can totally see how their relationship could be supervisory, haha (with her being the supervisor, def!)

also about kimahri as LSI... definitely. he is steadfast, loyal, unrelenting, does not waver, dutiful, does not waste his words, keeps his cool (even when the others are going crazy), always has a calm, logical answer... "this is what I/we have to do."

I don't remember enough about auron to type him properly, but the above could apply to him as well couldn't it?
    Auron may be LSE. Maybe SLI. Maybe LSI. ST seems clear. Remember how he was sort of more "happy" when he was younger/before he died. Not sure if he got bitter about his death, but, he also had to be secretive about stuff to allow the mission to carry out as it did (if I remember correctly). I think there is a difference in Khimari and Auron. Auron seemed effortlessly more chill, and less tense. Maybe Auron was E8(w9) or 9w8, in his afterlife/with Tidus. Khimari seemed like an emotionally charged, tense, internally focused (Ti+Se) sort of person. Auron seemed less caught up in that.

Anyhow, Auron made the game worth playing for me, because if I had to just be Tidus or Wakka or even K for the entirety, it would have been boring and trite.

His whole "Farewell", before he dispatched someone - classic.

To me, Khimari was very caught up on the duty and emotionality of being someone's body guard and belonging to his (ronso?) tribe. Like that defined him. He was more beta and more epic. Auron was like "....yeah, let's just do what we need to do".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Anyhow, Auron made the game worth playing for me, because if I had to just be Tidus or Wakka or even K for the entirety, it would have been boring and trite.
    Wholeheartedly agree, Auron was always #1 for me.

This is partly why I don't play much japanese rpg's anymore; the supposed male leads have gone wayyyyy ... WAYY... WAYYY too effeminate for my tastes.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FF XII characters are way more cooler...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't like Auron. Too dark, blah blah. I prefer more shiny and happy characters.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shiny happy people holding hands....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NqJAhQJdPeg

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...what?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Started playing the remaster recently:

Tidus: Can't really say, ESE seems vaguely possible.

Yuna: EII, literally spews Fi the whole game.

Wakka: EIE, classic beta bro who tries hard to stick to his beliefs.

Lulu: IEI, Ni incarnate.

Auron: LSE, Te objectiveness and wisdom combined with Si calmness.

Rikku: IEE, Warm, bubbly, witty, looks for better alternatives.

Kimahri: SLI, passive and saves his energy for urgent threats.

Jecht: SLE, likes being the best and his troubling voicing Fi things to Tidus:

Seymour: LIE, cold, cunning, calculating Te exterior driven by Se HA thirst for power.
    Last edited by Muddy; 09-24-2016 at 09:05 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watching a Twitch streamer play this game. Been a while since I played it myself, but from what I remember and have seen so far:

Tidus (IEE-Fi) - Go-get-it attitude based on Fi decision-making made me think SEE, such as when Auron asks why they should fight the Chocobo Eater --> "It's the right thing to do!" But then I realised Tidus' whole purpose in the story was to convince Yuna that there was another way defeat Sin; something that took a long time to convince her of. Subtype adequately explains a lot of his brashness.

Yuna (ESI-Fi) - Her being quiet, but absolutely determined to follow her ideals to the very end makes her seem EII at first. However, she was very uncomfortable at the idea of there being another way to defeat Sin and it took an entire game's worth of convincing from her Ne-base supervisor, Tidus, to bring her around. Apparent softness comes from Fi subtype subduing Se somewhat.

Wakka (EIE-Ni) - Supportive and active; definitely a extroverted feeling type. Very, very process-orientated (vis a vis his opinions on the teaching of Yevon), else I'd consider ESE as well.

Lulu (LSI-Se) - Very cool and detached until she needs to cut in about something, at which point she's critical and ironic, even cynical at times. Steadily dualises to Wakka throughout the course of the game.

Kimahri (LSI-Ti) - Ultra-stoic and quiet loyalist type, to whom fulfilling his promise to Auron to look after Yuna is everything. Tradionalist and honour-driven.

Auron (LSE-Te) - Clearly Delta Serious/Caring type and quite typical of the restrained nature of Te-LSE, including the sudden flashes of anger ("Pray! NOW!").

Rikku (IEE-Ne) - Lots of energy. Has some typical ILE qualities too but definitely acts more on Fi. Meshes well with her identical, Tidus, albeit some noticeable differences in the subtype (she's less impulsive and action-prone).

So, an odd mix of mostly Beta and Delta types on show in this game, built around a Gamma protagonist (say what you like about Tidus, but this is Yuna's story IMO). The conflicts between the two quadra groups of guardians shows at times during the plot. The Auron-Tidus and and Rikku-Tidus relationships stand out on the Delta side, while the Lulu-Wakka relationship is a strong component on the other side, and both coalesce around Yuna, a Gamma who bridges the two groups.